Microsoft 30 day security wait

Discus and support Microsoft 30 day security wait in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a very huge problem involving my Microsoft account. The last couple days of April, my account got hacked. My email got changed to one of those... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mike Cas_, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Mike Cas_
    Mike Cas_ Guest

I have a very huge problem involving my Microsoft account. The last couple days of April, my account got hacked. My email got changed to one of those “rambler.ru” emails. The hacker changed my email and my password, as well as delete any other types of security information like my phone number. The only way I was able to access my account again was by filling out one of those Microsoft account recovery forms. The first time I tried to change my email and it put me on a 30 day security wait. One of those waiting periods where after the 30 days is over, the email change would take effect. I understand the point of it and that it is there to protect my account. But the problem is that it is protecting my account from me. I also changed the password, since that was the only other thing I can do while i was on the account at the time. Eventually, the hacker went back on my account and cancelled the email change request. He also changed the password while he was at it. I had to use the account recovery form again. It put me on a 30 day security wait before I could change any of my info. Since then, the 30 days has been over and just before writing this, i went to change my email. To my dismay, I have been put on another 30 day security wait for my info to actually change this time. I am really upset and stressed out. The hacker has full access to my account and even put a recovery code under it. It is treating me as if i am the hacker, meanwhile the actual hacker has full access to my account while also having his email, and recovery code under it. I do not know what to do at this point. I know eventually during the 30 days, the hacker will most likely go back on my account and probably cancel the security info change. Just like he did in the past. I am upset and I cannot wait anymore. I really need to get this account back in my hands. Is there any way I can have my info changed right now? Though the power of Microsoft?

:)

Mike Cas_, Jun 30, 2022
  2. cea6cb79-ff08-4e08-9 Win User

Hi, did you manage to sort this?

I have the exact same problem whereas the hacker just resets the password within 30 days and I have to fill in the form and wait another 30 days to change my security info to regain control, really frustrating
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Mike

Sadly there is no way to speed up the 30 days waiting time, it's necessary to keep waiting
  4. ngocphi Win User

No u are misunderstanding the ptoccess

That 30 day wait is resting your proofs

It has nothing to stop you from securing your account

2 factor authentication

Back up email

MS authenticator

If generate a stronger password

Apps can generate a stronger password

Passwords.should not be happybee it should belike H@pP3b33'791b

Mixed.caps and letters and symbols

There are.a lot.of.steps you can do
  5. ngocphi Win User

Where in heaven's name are you getting your stats

One it takes 30.days to reset.security proofs that's not.account recovery

Unrelated

Delays are caused if you don't completely fill out the info about your account

EVERYRHING is important on that form

The more you fill the more you verify
  6. WPAK Win User

Security info 30 day wait period

Hi there,

yes, as far as I know, after that 30 days you should be able to change the security details again.
Thema:

1. Microsoft 30 day security wait - Similar Threads - Microsoft security wait

2. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  3. How to keep Microsoft account secured?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to keep Microsoft account secured?: Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but it seems they still have access to my account....
  4. Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone managed to log on to my microsoft account , Add a new security info and delete the...: Someone managed to grab hold of my account and add their alias account in the security info and deleted the original security info. Is there any way to recover my account back?...
  5. An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.: Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account. And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw the bot on other servers before so I thought...
  6. How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??: I sent a email (that i wouldn’t like to get into details) to Microsoft@security and its nearly been a month do they ever respond 0f61ef18-0f88-4e9f-a702-3b97066c50da
  7. I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...: I tried opening my Minecraft launcher and log into my Microsoft account, i have the email password and everything but it says my account isn't secure and needs verification, so i tried that. It...
  8. Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security: Are there any licensed security apps for the xbox 360? I am okay with 3rd party I just would prefer one that Microsoft gives. I heard Microsoft has stopped security updates. Which companies sell...
  9. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  10. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?: Hi I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it takes 30 days and by that time they have canceled...