Microphone on XBOX wireless headphones not working when playing on XBox cloud on Samsung TV

Discus and support Microphone on XBOX wireless headphones not working when playing on XBox cloud on Samsung TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I read on a previous post that Microphone output isn't currently supported and “A fix is coming soon”. When can we expect to have this fixed?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gilberto Buenrostro1, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Microphone on XBOX wireless headphones not working when playing on XBox cloud on Samsung TV

Hello,

I read on a previous post that Microphone output isn't currently supported and “A fix is coming soon”. When can we expect to have this fixed?

Thank you!

:)

Gilberto Buenrostro1, Jan 10, 2023
  2. MauroTheOwner Win User

Controller doesn’t recognise my Headset

What brand are they? for example those of iphone doesn’t recognize the microphone or have you tried others?
    I tried my Qware and Turtle Beach headsets and some Samsung headphones. Also can i use microsoft wireless headphones for the Xbox then? Those are from microsoft but they are wireless.
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

MICROPHONE ON TV XCLOUD

Hello Jesse Taylor3,

Welcome to Xbox Forums and we appreciate you for sharing this with us.

I'd be happy to help you with your concern regarding using your EarPods or headphones microphone on your TV while using xCloud.

Firstly, it's important to note that not all TVs support the use of external microphones. You'll need to check your TV's manual or specifications to see if it has a microphone input. If it does not, you may need to consider using a different device such as a gaming headset that is compatible with your TV.

Assuming your TV does support external microphones, the next step is to ensure that your EarPods or headphones are compatible with your TV. Some headphones may require an adapter to connect to your TV's microphone input. You can check the manufacturer's website or manual to see if your headphones require an adapter.

Once you have confirmed that your headphones are compatible with your TV, you can connect them to your TV's microphone input. The location of the microphone input may vary depending on your TV's model, so you may need to refer to your TV's manual to locate it.

After connecting your headphones to your TV's microphone input, you'll need to adjust the audio settings on your TV to ensure that the microphone is being used. This can also vary depending on your TV's model, but typically you can access the audio settings by pressing the "Menu" button on your TV remote and navigating to the audio settings.

In the audio settings, you should see an option to select the microphone input. Select your headphones or EarPods from the list of available inputs. You may also need to adjust the volume levels to ensure that your microphone is picking up your voice properly.

You can also check this link for further information: Set up the Xbox app on a smart TV

If you're still having trouble getting your microphone to work on your TV, please let us know. I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950

Its problems with Atmos on home theatre that is the problem not headphones.

The Xbox doesn't seem to recognise the soundbar's (Samsung HW-N950) Atmos capability when plugged into my TV (Samsung 65' Q9FN)
  5. Wolverine Win User

XBOX One and Samsung Smart TV

The wired or wireless connection is handled through your router, not the Samsung Smart TV. Samsung Smart TV has nothing to do with Xbox One. Connect the Xbox One directly to your wireless or wired router, not your Samsung Smart TV.
  6. JoeB7 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control any functions on screen

I have the same issue:

* the plain Xbox controller (non elite) connects via bluetooth to the TV and is recognised by the Xbox cloud app on my Samsung TV. I can use it to play games using the Samsung Xbox app.

* the brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects via bluetooth to the TV and is NOT recognised by the Xbox cloud app.

I tried several attempts deleting the pairing, re-pairing. Turn off TV on the power switch. Re-installing the Xbox app on the Samsung TV.

The result is always the same:

* The Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects successfully to the TV and is shown as Paired and Connected in the Samsung TVs feature where you add external devices.
    * But the Xbox app shows the yellow ! exclamation mark and does not recognise the Elite Controller.

I’ve paired my other non Elite standard Xbox controller now vie Bluetooth and USB, which works both.
Thema:

Microphone on XBOX wireless headphones not working when playing on XBox cloud on Samsung TV

1. Microphone on XBOX wireless headphones not working when playing on XBox cloud on Samsung TV - Similar Threads - Microphone wireless headphones

2. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  3. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  4. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  5. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  6. Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues: I use a Hypercloud wired stereo headset when I play Xbox. I’ve started streaming my games on Discord through Xbox, but there are issues with my microphone. The people I’m talking to on Discord say...
  7. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  8. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...
  10. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...