Microphone on Xbox party chat sounds super buggy but on discord its sounds fine

Discus and support Microphone on Xbox party chat sounds super buggy but on discord its sounds fine in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; For the past month, my Xbox party chat on PC when I join another party my microphone would sound like it was underwater and very buggy. But on discord... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by GarrettHerrington, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Microphone on Xbox party chat sounds super buggy but on discord its sounds fine

For the past month, my Xbox party chat on PC when I join another party my microphone would sound like it was underwater and very buggy. But on discord my microphone and in games in game chat it sounds fine.

:)

GarrettHerrington, Sep 11, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this GARRETTHERRINGTON

Please try this:

Have you tried to "Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device?

Go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Devices
    Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound >
    Once there Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.
  3. kawaiiCaveman Win User

My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic

Been having the exact same issue for about 2 weeks. Have tried everything. And when I use in game chat, discord, mic monitoring, or any other program I sound perfectly fine! It’s super annoying cause my brothers are on Xbox and they can hardly understand me in party chat.
  4. malrats Win User

The new headset/chat adapter is horrible.

The issue with the chat quality is that the firmware for the adapter is making the microphone SUPER sensitive when using party chat. Position the mic far from your face and then talk. People will think you sound fine.

Also, make a call on the Skype app. You'll also notice that your voice sounds crystal clear.

This is absolutely inexcusable on Microsoft's part and they need to release an emergency update ASAP.
  5. Korethos Win User

My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic

Hello,

I am also having this issue. I have tried all things above and nothing has worked. I sound fine in game chat in all my games and in discord just not in xbox live party chat via xbox app on PC.

Is there an update that I need to perform on the application?
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Soundblaster g6, modmic 5, sennheiser hd58x, xbox

Hi Nevon,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with using your microphone with the Xbox One X. It's recommended to use a headset with a 3.5mm jack with support for headphones and a microphone that will plug into an Xbox Controller.

For more information on using a microphone with party chat, check out this page: Party Chat - Xbox One.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Microphone on Xbox party chat sounds super buggy but on discord its sounds fine - Similar Threads - Microphone party chat

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  4. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  5. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  6. Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Orange warning sign in party chat and microphone problems: I was talking to my friend yesterday and it was going great. There was an orange warning sign in the party, but I thought nothing of it. Suddenly, my microphone cut out for some time, then went...
  7. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  8. Party chat echos in microphone like crazy

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat echos in microphone like crazy: So I made my friend buy a headset so we didnt have to talk over the phone. He got a pair of Astro a10s bc I had the gen1 and they worked great but the gen 2 sucked so bad and All I could hear was...
  9. Microphone won't work in party chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microphone won't work in party chat: When i enter a party chat, I am unable to use my microphone. I can hear the other users in the room, but they cannot hear me. I have tried multiple microphones (both wired and bluetooth) and all...
  10. Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party?: To begin, I am on Windows 10 OS I use a separate microphone (HyperX Quadcast S) that isn't connected to my headset I have checked connectivity and resolved my issue with teredo It hasn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox party chat other users sound kike their underwater