Microphone not working on Windows Xbox App

Discus and support Microphone not working on Windows Xbox App in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title mentions, my microphone/input audio is not working on the Windows Xbox App. I've verified that my input device is the same in both my pc... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StC SpOrTsTeR, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Microphone not working on Windows Xbox App

As the title mentions, my microphone/input audio is not working on the Windows Xbox App. I've verified that my input device is the same in both my pc and xbox app settings and nothing seems to be working. I've tried multiple microphones, different computers and still doesn't work. The xbox app on my phone works fine.

I'm thinking a recent windows update or xbox app update ruined something? Thoughts?

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Other***

:)

StC SpOrTsTeR, Jan 27, 2023
  2. ScantilyCloud Win User

Xbox App Microphone Problem

Can everyone try this:

Type "Microphone privacy settings" in the search bar at the bottom left of Windows. Scroll down and enable the microphone for Xbox app.

Come back here and let me know if this worked.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello StC SpOrTsTeR,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to use your microphone on Xbox app for Windows. We know it is important for you especially when you'd like to talk to your friends while gaming. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

This could happen because the microphone/headset's driver is not updated or else did not match the Windows system update. To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. Are you using a headset built-in microphone or a separate microphone? Please provide the make and model.
    2. May we ask if you can use Xbox Game Bar? Please try to use the feature of Xbox Game Bar - record a clip. Where you can play and record your game then try to speak through your microphone. Here are the steps:
      • Enable Xbox Game Bar on PC settings and search on the search bar - Xbox Game Bar or else go to Gaming and turn on Xbox game bar.
      • On Xbox Game Bar (press Windows + G on keyboard), under capture widget ensure the microphone is enabled.
      • Launch a game and go back to Xbox Game Bar (press Windows + G on keyboard), and record a clip
      • Narrate the game or speak to the microphone and end the recording.
      • Listen to the recording and see if you can hear your voice.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Loraine Mon Win User

Xbox Live App Microphone Sample Rate

Hi,

There are various reasons why the microphone from your Logitech G930 headset is not working. There is a possibility that the current firmware of the headset is not compatible with the new Windows Update or the update was not installed successfully. To better
    assist you with your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Does the microphone work on other apps?
    • What is the exact error message when you are trying to use the microphone on the Xbox App?

In the meantime, we recommend that you install all the critical and important updates by following the steps on this link.
  6. DennioWhite Win User

Wie kann ich mein Mikrofon aktivieren/einstellen in der App?

Hi Guys,

My microphone and audio output in the Xbox Windows app does not work, I also find no option.

Do I have to seriously earn a complete Equiptment (XBOX hardware) in order to communicate with people on the PC within the app?
Thema:

1. Microphone not working on Windows Xbox App - Similar Threads - Microphone working Windows

2. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  3. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  4. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  5. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  6. Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting: Microphone not working or detecting Brought a new headset called the razer blackshark v2 X that has a 3.5mm jack connectivity the audio work just fine but mic does not, discord isn't detecting...
  7. Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working: I have just purchased these headphones. When I play on xbox my friends can't hear me through the microphone? 314a7cff-b0e3-45ba-a19d-fe9587b5357e
  8. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  9. Microphone won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone won’t work: So I got a brand new gaming monitor, and wanted to play Xbox with my friends online with it. But for my headphones to connect to the monitor, I needed to use the headphone jack to hear the audio....
  10. My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.: Since I presented this problem approximately 2 weeks ago I have tried 5 different headphones with their microphones and the problem seems to have no solution. When I go to the configuration it...