Microphone not working on headset

Discus and support Microphone not working on headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, i got a new headset and i think there is either somthing wrong with my audio port or drives. The issue is my microphone doesnt work and whenever i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EzatRashid, Nov 21, 2022.

1. EzatRashid
    EzatRashid Guest

Hi,

i got a new headset and i think there is either somthing wrong with my audio port or drives. The issue is my microphone doesnt work and whenever i play a video, everyone im in a call with can hear it but they cant hear me. Every sound that plays on my computer gets emitted as if its the mic please help me

:)

EzatRashid, Nov 21, 2022
  2. maxen Win User

Sony MDR-IRBT Headphones

Is the microphone for this headset in-line (on the actual headset cable)? I know for other headsets this means the microphone won't work for the Xbox One.
  3. LushUnicorn09 Win User

Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Sir Lancealot 83.

The microphone is muted, not the headset.

The headset and microphone works on another xbox and controller.

I have tried it on 2 controllers on the bone that is muted.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

When I look up the Plantronics RIG 100HX it is a gaming headset not just a microphone so it is picking up that you plugged in a headset and making an adjustment.

Are you plugging in a gaming headset and only wanting the microphone to work on it?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Icon Muted

Do you have a headset where this worked before? Or did you change headsets and since then the Microphone is muted?

There are two types of 3.5mm headphone jacks called OMTP and CTIA. On both standards, the microphone connector is switched with the ground connector. So if you have an OMTP headset, the controller is listening for a microphone on the ground connector, while
    the microphone sends signals to the controller ground.
  6. BackwardRoom Win User

Xbox microphone issues part 3

The headsets are compatible with the Xbox. I have used Xbox microphones as well as third party microphones that all work on other devices. I should also note that I can hear everything on the headset, but i cannot be heard on my headsets.
Thema:

1. Microphone not working on headset - Similar Threads - Microphone working headset

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  4. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  5. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  6. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  7. Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting: Microphone not working or detecting Brought a new headset called the razer blackshark v2 X that has a 3.5mm jack connectivity the audio work just fine but mic does not, discord isn't detecting...
  8. Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...: I bought a brand new Xbox Headset with the jack 3.5mm connection, thinking that was possible to plug it into the Xbox Controller paired via bluetooth to my PC. I found out that to use the Xbox...
  9. Samsung Gaming Hub, XBOX Cloud Gaming, Headset Microphone Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Gaming Hub, XBOX Cloud Gaming, Headset Microphone Not Working: I have a Samsung TV with Samsung Gaming Hub. It has the XBOX app, and I am subscribed to XBOX GamePass Ultimate. The microphone does not work on on my headset for XBOX cloud games. I read this is...
  10. I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work: I just bought a new headset because my old one is falling apart. This headset works perfectly in terms of audio, but theicrophone doesn't work. I have looked through all of the settings, looked at...