microphone not working for game bar or Xbox app Windows 11

Discus and support microphone not working for game bar or Xbox app Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have set the input device to the correct input device, made sure the mic sensitivity is turned up, tried USB and jack connections, tried joining... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TomPritchard2, Dec 25, 2021.

1. microphone not working for game bar or Xbox app Windows 11

I have set the input device to the correct input device, made sure the mic sensitivity is turned up, tried USB and jack connections, tried joining through game bar and Xbox app, tried a headset and a stand alone mic, checked that the apps have mic permissions and I've tried the mic itself in other apps and it works perfectly normal.

I never had an issue with it on windows 10 but since I've gone over to windows 11 I can't talk in any parties (I can hear other people in the party perfectly fine).

:)

TomPritchard2, Dec 25, 2021
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Wonderful! Thank you for supplying us with the solution that you've found. We will be locking this thread now that the issue has been resolved. If you run into any Xbox related issues in the future, remember to first visit our Xbox Support website for a solution. If you're unable to find one there, please reach out to us by creating a new thread.

Thank you and happy gaming!
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

Okay thank you!

Have you tried "Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device?

- Go to your Settings

- Navigate to Bluetooth & devices

- Select Devices

- Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound

- Select your audio input device under Input. In your case, it would be 2-Q9-1

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.
  4. TomPritchard2 Win User

I have adjusted the both settings ("set time zone automatically" was not originally on),hit the sync button and then restarted,

however I still can not talk in party.

If this helps, In the audio tab on the Xbox game bar, the bar under "windows default input" it is showing that it is picking sound up through my microphone.
  5. XBF - Dom Win User

Thank you for verifying! Have you tried changing your default microphone in both the Xbox app and the Xbox Game Bar?

Xbox Game Bar:

• Open the Xbox Game Bar
    • Go to your "Audio" widget
    • Select the "Voice" tab
    • Change your "WINDOWS DEFAULT INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Change your "DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS OUTPUT" and your "DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Scroll down to "More Settings"
    • Click "Xbox Party Chat"
    • Change your "AUDIO OUTPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Change your "AUDIO INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that "push to talk" is not enabled

Xbox app:

• Open the Xbox app
    • Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select "Audio"
    • Set your default "Input device" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Set your default "Output device" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that "push to talk" is not enabled
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

Thank you for the update! Have you tried adjusting your Date & Time settings? I know that sounds a bit odd, but this may fix your issue.

• Right click the time and the date at the bottom right corner of your screen
    • Select "Adjust date and time"
    • Switch "Set time automatically" to on
    • Switch "Set time zone automatically" to on
    • Hit the "Sync now" button next to "Sync now"
    Try restarting your PC before trying to use the microphone in Game Bar again.
Thema:

1. microphone not working for game bar or Xbox app Windows 11 - Similar Threads - microphone working game

2. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  3. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  4. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  5. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  6. Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting: Microphone not working or detecting Brought a new headset called the razer blackshark v2 X that has a 3.5mm jack connectivity the audio work just fine but mic does not, discord isn't detecting...
  7. Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working: I have just purchased these headphones. When I play on xbox my friends can't hear me through the microphone? 314a7cff-b0e3-45ba-a19d-fe9587b5357e
  8. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  9. I completed my suspension and I still can use my microphone in game when will it work or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I completed my suspension and I still can use my microphone in game when will it work or...: I completed my suspension and I still can use my microphone in game when will it work or why is it not working? 8e7474d5-7726-43d9-8264-faefeaa32827
  10. Samsung Gaming Hub, XBOX Cloud Gaming, Headset Microphone Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Gaming Hub, XBOX Cloud Gaming, Headset Microphone Not Working: I have a Samsung TV with Samsung Gaming Hub. It has the XBOX app, and I am subscribed to XBOX GamePass Ultimate. The microphone does not work on on my headset for XBOX cloud games. I read this is...