Microphone doesn't work and sounds works

Discus and support Microphone doesn't work and sounds works in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently got a new computer and when I plug in my wired earphones the audio works fine. The problem is that my microphone doesn't work. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamWonjaeLee, May 4, 2022.

1. SamWonjaeLee
    SamWonjaeLee Guest

So I recently got a new computer and when I plug in my wired earphones the audio works fine. The problem is that my microphone doesn't work. I have allowed permission for apps to be able to use the microphone. So I think it is a software issue. Also, my microphone does not work for my wireless earbuds too.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

SamWonjaeLee, May 4, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

have you followed the troubleshooting guide I shared?

Could you tell me the brand of your headphones, also if possible share a screenshot of your audio settings on the Pc
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi SamWonjaeLee! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

In the case of your wired earphones you should first check if your PC jack has built in both options, as commonly bthey use one jack for output and other for input

In the case of your wireless earbuds you should check on the soun settings that is the selected device for Mic input, if your jack allowed both input and output you should do the same with your wired one

You can try to troubleshoot this way

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...
  4. SamWonjaeLee Win User

Thank you for the response.

My wireless earbuds are Galaxy Buds and I've found that the compatibility with Windows is not great so I've given up on using those for now.

As for my wired earbuds, I know that they have a microphone with a 4 pole 3.5mm tip and I've checked that the jack I plugged in is used for both input and output.

But for some reason, the microphone for my wired earbuds do not work. I've noticed that the output and input sensitivity are the same whenever I play audio which I find odd.
  5. OzstriKush Win User

Microphone doesn't work

Hello,

Are you directly connected in Jack ?

If so, I advise you to buy the xbox adapter for headsets.

Some headsets have a lot of trouble working without them.
  6. Auswulf Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Question.

I was referring to the set that comes with the hands free microphone in them. The sound will work but the microphone might not.
Thema:

1. Microphone doesn't work and sounds works - Similar Threads - Microphone doesn't sounds

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  4. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  5. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  6. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  7. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  8. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  9. My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.: Since I presented this problem approximately 2 weeks ago I have tried 5 different headphones with their microphones and the problem seems to have no solution. When I go to the configuration it...
  10. My microphone doesn't seem to work as of recently on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microphone doesn't seem to work as of recently on my Xbox Series S: I have owned an Xbox Series S since 2022, at first i had no problems with the microphone but sudenly one day it just stopped working, i can listen to everything normally but i can't get my...