Microphone casing on wireless headset broke

Discus and support Microphone casing on wireless headset broke in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I, as many others I’ve read about, have had my wireless headset break. It’s the casing of the microphone. I have not dropped it or anything. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bradley Turner, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Microphone casing on wireless headset broke

Hello. I, as many others I’ve read about, have had my wireless headset break. It’s the casing of the microphone. I have not dropped it or anything. It was just charging and when I picked it up, it literally just cracked in half, leaving the microphone dangling. My question is, with the warranty being up on my headset, do you think I can still get a replacement? It seems obvious that this is a design flaw since so many others here have experienced the exact same thing which obviously is not my fault or something I could have prevented. Sucks to pay $100 for something to do this in a little over a year. I’ve never had a headset break before.

:)

Bradley Turner, Dec 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Bradley

If your headset it’s on warranty you can request a free replacement from here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/devices?refd=acco...

But if the warranty it’s over unfortunately you may need to get the headset repaired or get a new pair if you’re not able to find an authorized repair center in your city
  3. Wishcatcher Win User

micro

Hi,

In your case, put your sound on the tv or dobly system and plug your headset ( but the microphone will not working ) .

Your use a Wireless one.

Regards
  4. Panzerboom Win User

Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed

This is insane. I got the same headset in June 2022 and have the exact same issue at the exact same spot! The plastic crumbled and I had the mute/unmute button with broken plastic in my hand. My warranty expired in October 2022 and I would fight tooth and nail to get this replaced. This is 100% a quality control issue and Microsoft should take ownership of this.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Master, unfortunately if the headset is out of warranty and the only solution I can recommend is to look for some technical assistance specialized in Games to see if they can help you.

I have the same headset, bought it at launch but haven't had this kind of problem yet.
  6. Triumph RiderJhQs2 Win User

Not 1 BUT 2...2 Microsoft Headsets broke in the EXACT same area. TWO!!! So Georges, you are sadly mistaken my friend. I think tons of people have this issue, they just don't say anything or report it. You don't think Microsoft knows about the janky plastic they are using??? Please.

I like the headset, especially for $100, but after 2 have broken in the same area...nope, won't buy another set from Microsoft at all. This is insanity.
Thema:

1. Microphone casing on wireless headset broke - Similar Threads - Microphone casing wireless

2. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  3. Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues: I use a Hypercloud wired stereo headset when I play Xbox. I’ve started streaming my games on Discord through Xbox, but there are issues with my microphone. The people I’m talking to on Discord say...
  4. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  5. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  6. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...
  7. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  8. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  9. Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming headset Microphone not working or not detecting: Microphone not working or detecting Brought a new headset called the razer blackshark v2 X that has a 3.5mm jack connectivity the audio work just fine but mic does not, discord isn't detecting...
  10. Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Rig 300 Pro hx microphone not working: I have just purchased these headphones. When I play on xbox my friends can't hear me through the microphone? 314a7cff-b0e3-45ba-a19d-fe9587b5357e