Mic won't work at all on xbox

Discus and support Mic won't work at all on xbox in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So my xbox mic randomly stopped working in the party yesterday after you guys had that problem with the friends list. everything fixed and it still... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Rapi6s, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Rapi6s
    Rapi6s Guest

So my xbox mic randomly stopped working in the party yesterday after you guys had that problem with the friends list. everything fixed and it still wouldn't work. So i bought a new mic thinking my other one was broke and THAT ONE won't work either. I feel like i have tried everything and it still won't work. It's going on 2 days now that it hasn't worked and i'm completely lost.

:)

Rapi6s, Nov 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Rapi6s

Both headsets are wireless headsets or wired headsets?

If its the second, do you have more than one Xbox controller?

If yes, can you try connecting the headset to another controller to see if that makes a difference?

Also, just to confirm. Double check if you don't have an enforcement action / suspension active in your account

https://enforcement.xbox.com/

-----------

In the meantime please tell me what did you tried so far to fix this problem

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. GEAR CHIEF18 Win User

Headset adapter compatible with Razer kraken neon Pro?

The mic won't work. In general it won't work in place of an xbox mic
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Headset either Xbox and computer monitor

That won't work at all. There's no way for the Mic audio to get to the Xbox. You have to plug the headset into the controller for the mic to work, or use a licensed USB or wireless based peripheral.
  5. T0PP HATT Win User

Turtle Beach / XboxOne question....

Sorry bout that, but yes, you can use the headsets without the mic...I thought you were talking bout the mic...but yeah all headsets that have the optical output will work with the xbox one. It's just that the mics won't work and I posted a link showing
    how to fix the mic...

Sorry for misunderstanding you there....
  6. ShaneHepburn Win User

Mic won't work

On Xbox party my microphone won't work but I'm able to hear the game sound and my friends talk. I have had this problem for a while now and I have tried(I think) every way to fix this. This can't be my controller or headset because I used the xbox
    app on my phone without the headset but it won't detect any voice out of it either. This is clearly some software issue thing and I need help to fix it.
    Hello Overward,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forums am truly sorry what you are experiencing, I would recommend you buying a Headset adapter because I previously had the same problem but now since I got headset adapter everything works fine.

thanks

Shane H
Thema:

1. Mic won't work at all on xbox - Similar Threads - Mic won't

2. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  3. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  4. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  5. my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.

in XBoX on Windows
    my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game.: my Logitech G935 headset mic won't work in game. ff0c4a41-2d9d-4ca5-b265-86ea9daad231
  6. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar won't detect own mic: I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my...
  7. My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won't work, but I can hear just fine.: The headphones I use were working a couple days ago, but now they don't work. I can still hear, but any sound I make through my mic won't come through on party chat. I've checked with other...
  8. MY MIC WON'T WORK AT ALL

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MY MIC WON'T WORK AT ALL: I CAN'T TALK IN PARTIES OR GAME CHAT, MY MIC DOESN'T MOVE AND MY FRIENDS CAN'T HEAR A WORD I SAY BUT I CAN HEAR THEM. I HAVE TRIED 2 DIFFERENT MICS, 2 DIFFERENT CONTROLLERS. NOTHING. DONE ALL THE...
  9. My plug-in headphones/mic won't work together

in XBoX on Windows
    My plug-in headphones/mic won't work together: I've been stuck on how to fix this problem. When I plug in my headphones my mic won't work at all even though it's connected with the headphone, I made sure my mic wasn't muted and still nothing....
  10. Xbox Party Mic Won't Stop Buzzing on Windows 10

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Party Mic Won't Stop Buzzing on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having an issue with my mic outputting audio constantly. Friends identify the sound as similar to a fan or just excess background noise, if that's helpful at all. I've seen previous...