Mic suddenly stops working

Discus and support Mic suddenly stops working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My sons mic suddenly stopped working whilst playing CoD. It was working fine - then stopped mid game. He could hear others and it still works for sound... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 2toerags, Jun 11, 2020.

1. 2toerags
    2toerags Guest

My sons mic suddenly stopped working whilst playing CoD. It was working fine - then stopped mid game. He could hear others and it still works for sound but just he cannot be heard. Cannot get the xbox to recognise mic. It knows its plugged in as the headset
    icon is displayed but the mic with a line through it appears when it is unplugged and the icon disappears from the banner next to the user name. When setting up a party for one there is no glowing green circle, just a warning triangle over his user symbol,
    but the headset has been proven to work fully on a PC. It says ''Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people' when we 'go to privacy settings' it all seems fine and enabled for chat as expected. We have tried numerous controllers, adaptors and headsets
    which we know work but with same problem. The only common denominator is the xbox itself. Power cycled fully (off at plug for 2 mins), other settings checked but nothing seems amiss.

There seem to be multiple threads with a similar theme but no resolution I can see.

Anyone got a solution please? I'm sick of buying headsets....

:)

2toerags, Jun 11, 2020
  2. StuAvis Win User

Mic suddenly stopped working

In your Xbox settings try.

Power & Startup - Turn off or restart - FULL SHUTDOWN

I've had a similar issue this seems to remedy it.
    Thanks but sadly this did not remedy the problem.
  3. DapperCrane Win User

In your Xbox settings try.

Power & Startup - Turn off or restart - FULL SHUTDOWN

I've had a similar issue this seems to remedy it.
  4. StuAvis Win User

It could be a controller issue, The headset may need an update too directly from the manufacturers site. What type of headset is it ? How old is it ?
    It's an official Xbox One controller and was bought about 6 weeks ago.

I have tested my controller on another Xbox and it worked (with headset) just fine.

I have also tried it with two other controllers (with and without the stereo adapter) and still not working.

I have also tried all three controllers and another headset on another profile and still not working.
  5. StuAvis Win User

Hi there ,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with connecting a headset on the Xbox One.

To help clarify, Have you tested your
    NAT type
    ?

I recommend to
    create a static IP for the console,
    and port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the
    Xbox Live Ports.

Try this out and let us know the results.
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. I don't have an issue connecting the headset - I can hear everything and my team mates perfectly.

It's just they can't hear me. The Xbox is showing the correct 'headset attached' icon. It's just not registering my voice.

My mic / headset works on other devices (and I even tested it out on a friends Xbox) so I know the issue does not lie there.

I've even tested my controller and headset on another Xbox and it worked perfectly...

I've done the NAT test and it's open (which is what I expected).

I've tested the connection and it's all good - I can create parties and my friends can join me - the issue is they cannot hear me.

Which leads me to believe that the issue lies with my Xbox and not the headset or controller.

It was working fine and then, mid-game, it just stopped. I've done everything as mentioned above (checked settings, rebooted, reset Xbox) and still nothing.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Thanks for the help.
  6. StuAvis Win User

Hi,

quick update... found the cable to plug my controller in.

issue still remains.

have tested this with and without the stereo adapter on both headsets, with all three controllers and on both profiles.

it was working fine the other day and then, mid game, it crackled a bit and then just stopped working.

but it works fine on all other devices so I know the headset is working just fine.
Thema:

1. Mic suddenly stops working - Similar Threads - Mic suddenly stops

2. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  3. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  4. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  5. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  6. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  7. Xbox mic port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox mic port: My headset was working fine until today when I plug it in it is loose this seems to be a problem when I plug it into another controller it works fine and I don't know how to fix it I've tried...
  8. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  9. I dont know if its a preview bug or something all of a sudden my mic stop letting me talk in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I dont know if its a preview bug or something all of a sudden my mic stop letting me talk in ...: I think it's a preview bug but ever since I got the preview my mic won't allow me to talk in it a51a9517-2e9f-4ef7-8d91-200c4a272d04
  10. Mic stopped working all of a sudden!!! Please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic stopped working all of a sudden!!! Please help: I was playing nba 2k16 with my friends in a party then all of sudden I can no longer talk but I can still hear them. I haven't been able to talk for about 4 days now. I have tried a new mic but it...