Mic software doesn't work with game bar?

Discus and support Mic software doesn't work with game bar? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I use Microphone software to get a better sound out of my microphone but when I use game bar (and I've only had this problem with game bar) it acts as... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Tech10Gaming, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Mic software doesn't work with game bar?

I use Microphone software to get a better sound out of my microphone but when I use game bar (and I've only had this problem with game bar) it acts as if the microphone doesn't even exist. I use Logitech GHUB for my mic

submitted by /u/Tech10Gaming
    [link] [comments]

/u/Tech10Gaming, Feb 16, 2023
  2. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nobelnaga

May I know if you're able to change the shortcut for a different one?

If you're not able to do it, please try this:

Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  4. Mister Quasar Win User

Game Bar doesn't work

Thanks for letting us know, Bussy Bolice!

We have a guide that can help you
    troubleshoot Game DVT on Windows 10
    - the steps on that page can help you troubleshoot further.

If you're still seeing any issue after trying the steps there, you'll want to reach our
    Chat or Phone support teams for further direct assistance.
  5. WoeRamos ✔️ Win User

How do I fix the Xbox app on PC not letting me unmute my mic?

I have also been having this issue and all the steps you listed did not work. i have tried every possible solution. check it mic was accessible, which it was. checked for updates to the xbox services such as game bar and the xbox app. tried uppdating microphone but cannot do that, doesnt have such software to update. tried unmuting from xbox game bar. done everything. this started happening out of no where for no reason.
  6. Azerael Win User

Windows Xbox app, I sound like a robot underwater to my friends in party chat

hey, this seems to be an issue with something in the software of the Xbox game bar

everyone with an audio interface has had this issue with Xbox parties only and there are no issues with other apps.

it appears to be something with either the software or with Microsofts hardware because regardless of which interface

I use (I have 5) and which microphone I use my friends all report (underwater robot or underwater static) from my microphone

but only if its in an Xbox party, discord works fine, skype works fine, even game chats work fine.

It seems to be an issue with the software communicating with the audio interface as with a standard USB or AUX mic

I'm not having any of these problems.

It's nearly 100% not on our end but something in the software of this new game bar

and even when it is most of the time its not related to this properly.

If anyone has a fix that's worked for them please don't hesitate to reply to this post please.
Thema:

Mic software doesn't work with game bar?

1. Mic software doesn't work with game bar? - Similar Threads - Mic software doesn't

2. USB mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB mic: Can I use usb mic without having to do things to get it working and plug it straight with no problems 3e81467a-6868-4ec3-848e-4c096b0eb1e6
  3. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  4. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  5. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  8. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  9. I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...: Split from this thread. I have the EXACT same set up as you so I might be able to help. I have had many problems with the steels series software before and I think I know how to fix it. Open...
  10. I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...: I recently got a SteelSeries headset and cannot get the mic to work. I've tried resetting the game bar and the SteelSeries software and found the exact same result. I haven't been able to find a...