Mic shows muted on Xbox guide (home button)

Discus and support Mic shows muted on Xbox guide (home button) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm gaming on Xbox One S. I press the button of Xbox logo that is lit up (menu button?) and it displays mic muted. I went to settings mic is on and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aaron Brown5, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Aaron Brown5
    Aaron Brown5 Guest

I'm gaming on Xbox One S. I press the button of Xbox logo that is lit up (menu button?) and it displays mic muted. I went to settings mic is on and I don't have it muted. It even shows this mute mic with no headhphones plugged in. I don't understand how to get my mic working. I even purchased two headphones due to this issue. I can hear others in game but they can't hear me.

Please help.

:)

Aaron Brown5, Mar 19, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Aaron! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

What are your Privacy & online safety settings set to?
  3. KiD neru Win User

People cant hear me in game, but I hear them

Check mic not muted.

Press guide button. Go to system on far right - cog symbol - select audio - there is a toggle switch in there for mic on/off.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Can speak on my mic but can hear :(

Press the Guide button on the controller and scroll to the right. Select Preferences then Voice. Make sure the mic is not Muted.
  5. MerSauta Win User

Mute button showing on home screen

There could be a problem with the controller jack. Are you using the headset with the 3.5mm jack, sterieo adapter, or USB stick? Also, I would try using a different controller to see if the problem still presist.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Mute button showing on home screen

Hello Fawbie,

Thank you for replying back. There may be a problem with the 3.5mm headphone jack input on your controller. If you've tried the headset on other devices and have even purchased a new one you may need to either seek a replacement for the controller or
    purchase an adapter for the controller to replace the 3.5mm headphone jack input.

How long have you had the controller for? Has it been more than 90 days? What kind of controller is it?

If you can please reply back with the answers so that we can properly assist you with this issue. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Mic shows muted on Xbox guide (home button) - Similar Threads - Mic shows muted

2. Why isn't my mic working

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my mic working: Every time I plug in my headset (ozeino) my headset volume lights up but the chat mixer doesn't and the audio goes through the TV. I fight with it every time and after about 2 minutes it finally...
  3. Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.: I've been unable to use Xbox Party Chat on my PC for months now because my voice isn't picked up *specifically* in this application. The audio is present in the device, but it seems the device...
  4. Discord and Xbox mic issues.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord and Xbox mic issues.: Hello, I am treating this post/issue as a tsb. Also generally an outreach to see if there is a known fix or is being fixed, or is even being payed attention to. Discord on xbox has had this issue...
  5. USB mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB mic: Can I use usb mic without having to do things to get it working and plug it straight with no problems 3e81467a-6868-4ec3-848e-4c096b0eb1e6
  6. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  7. Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach mic stuck on 1 channel 16 bit 24000Hz when plugged into Xbox controller...: All of my drivers are up to date. I was having an issue with discord not detecting my mic so I ran a test on it and the levels were appearing just not in discord. I gave up on it, then went to...
  8. I’m having trouble even getting the mic to show up on rust and can’t get a quick chat thing...

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having trouble even getting the mic to show up on rust and can’t get a quick chat thing...: I’m having trouble even getting the mic to show up on rust and can’t get a quick chat thing to work either. help submitted by /u/qasewrc [link] [comments]
  9. My mic won’t show up on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mic won’t show up on my xbox: i need help what ever i use my controller or my brother my mic or my brothers mic won’t show up i been worrying about this all day and someone plz help me! f1a46ae5-0864-473b-803f-e587b653ca0a
  10. Verizon: my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Verizon: my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk.: Verizon (ISPs): my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk. I hope you can find a fix for that problem!! 452e2f48-6f71-4584-b9ca-614bbb247e0a