Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions

Discus and support Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our aftermarket and Xbox One stereo headphones mics are not being picked up.by the One. We tested both mics and they worked. Done all of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KRH13, Apr 20, 2016.

1. KRH13
    KRH13 Guest

Our aftermarket and Xbox One stereo headphones mics are not being picked up.by the One. We tested both mics and they worked. Done all of the suggestions from MS. There is a thread on this subject from 2015 with 26 pages and no solutions. Any ideas?

:)

KRH13, Apr 20, 2016
  2. The Deralikt
    The Deralikt Guest
    Headset mic not working on Xbox One

Hi guys,

I've actually just tried to use the standard xbox chat headset that came with my elite console, but this won't work as well (friends can't hear me).

Any other suggestions? I don't really want to buy a new headset for it not to work.

The Deralikt, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Mic Headset Not Working - Any suggestions?

Hello JUGGERNAUT,

We have two of the Xbox One Stereo Headsets with Adapters and both sets work well. So, I have to ask, are you referring to the standard Xbox One Chat Headset, Xbox One Stereo Headset or some other manufacturers headset? The reason I ask is it would be helpful to
    know if you are using an Xbox One Headset Adapter and what kind. In the mean time, double check that when you have the headset plugged into the controller, the Xbox automatically recognize the compatible headset. And, in doing so it automatically makes Headset
    volume, Headset chat volume and Mic monitoring settings available right at the > Settings menu directly off the Home screen (kind of cool isn't it). At the top of the list of headset controls you will see Headset mic Off/On. Make sure Headset mic is set to
    On. This might be conflicting with the Adapter mute button. Also, it might be worth checking your Privacy settings again, > Setting > All settings
    > Personalization > My profile > Privacy settings > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer > Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites . Lets us know if you continue to have problems with your microphone or headset.

Good luck and good gaming,

SA

greg_window10_installer, Apr 20, 2016
  4. Ice DjKilla
    Ice DjKilla Guest

Have you tried another controller, it may be that the controller headset port is not working correctly.

Ice DjKilla, Apr 22, 2016
  5. KRH13
    KRH13 Guest
    We did try another couple of controllers but no luck. I assign the other controllers as well. The mute buttons light up and the other buttons work as well. Very frustrating.

KRH13, Apr 23, 2016
  6. I have the exact same problem. I use the Microsoft chat headset. Tried new headset, new controller....nothing. However, I CAN use a headset plugged into the 3.5mm jack that the new controllers have. I have no clue what the problem could be, but it has to
    be something wrong with the Xbox.

StablerCrane565, Apr 29, 2016
  7. HARD THYME
    HARD THYME Guest
    I also have mic issue, tried all trouble shoot ideas, Hard reset, power block unplugged, open nat, new XBOX ONE controller, new XBOX ONE mic. April 16th, I was in The Division game chat for 2 hours and it went out. I hear game sound & chat through headset
    just fine. WoT game play shows mic in for 2 seconds then goes out again. XBOX party sound check displays no illuminated ring around icon. After reading the posts i felt compelled to let you know your not the only one with this issue. However Xbox 360 had this
    same problem some years ago and it got resolved, but it didnt take this long. Faith be in the microsoft staff to correct the problem, ( I hope ) lol.

HARD THYME, Apr 30, 2016
  8. Cleveland63b
    Cleveland63b Guest

been in the same boat....waiting for my 3rd headset to show up and hopeful it works. Already tried 2 controls and a headset since my first quit working. Tried the live chat support and they're saying my 2nd (brand new Microsoft) headset is defective which
    is hard to understand since I can hear through it just fine and they seem to be shared circuits internally.....guess we'll see I went aftermarket this time.

Cleveland63b, May 1, 2016
  9. KRH13
    KRH13 Guest
    We just bought a new One controller with the 3.5 jack and it is not working either. We updated the controller and assigned it as well. Not sure what else to do.

KRH13, Oct 31, 2018
  10. HARD THYME Win User

I also have mic issue, tried all trouble shoot ideas, Hard reset, power block unplugged, open nat, new XBOX ONE controller, new XBOX ONE mic. April 16th, I was in The Division game chat for 2 hours and it went out. I hear game sound & chat through headset
    just fine. WoT game play shows mic in for 2 seconds then goes out again. XBOX party sound check displays no illuminated ring around icon. After reading the posts i felt compelled to let you know your not the only one with this issue. However Xbox 360 had this
    same problem some years ago and it got resolved, but it didnt take this long. Faith be in the microsoft staff to correct the problem, ( I hope ) lol.
  11. Ice DjKilla Win User

Have you tried another controller, it may be that the controller headset port is not working correctly.
  12. KRH13 Win User

We just bought a new One controller with the 3.5 jack and it is not working either. We updated the controller and assigned it as well. Not sure what else to do.
  13. Cleveland63b Win User

been in the same boat....waiting for my 3rd headset to show up and hopeful it works. Already tried 2 controls and a headset since my first quit working. Tried the live chat support and they're saying my 2nd (brand new Microsoft) headset is defective which
    is hard to understand since I can hear through it just fine and they seem to be shared circuits internally.....guess we'll see I went aftermarket this time.
  14. StablerCrane565 Win User

I have the exact same problem. I use the Microsoft chat headset. Tried new headset, new controller....nothing. However, I CAN use a headset plugged into the 3.5mm jack that the new controllers have. I have no clue what the problem could be, but it has to
    be something wrong with the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions - Similar Threads - Mic headset working

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  5. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  6. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  7. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  8. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  9. A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this

in XBoX Accessibility
    A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this: I just got the A20 Astro headset yesterday, it’s connected to my Xbox and everything the adapter is in and working. I can hear everything but my mic isn’t working. I have to scream or yell for...
  10. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...