Mic not working

Discus and support Mic not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The headphone set that came with my Xbox series x works fine except the mic. I can hear all audio but players can’t hear me, (I hear them fine). I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Marc Johnson1, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Mic not working

The headphone set that came with my Xbox series x works fine except the mic. I can hear all audio but players can’t hear me, (I hear them fine). I’ve done a controller update but no help. The headphones are not the current wired stereo set in stores, in fact I can’t find these headset listed anywhere. They have the 3.5mm plug jack, black ear cups with thin blue trim and the mic is on left side. There are no volume controls or mute button located anywhere on the headset. Anyone got any suggestions on how to get mic to function?

:)

Marc Johnson1, Nov 11, 2022
  2. ChristopherMurray Win User

Mic is not working...

Hi,

See if any of the suggestions given here -
    support.xbox.com/.../wired-headset-help
    might help.

If it doesn't, you may have to contact Support to request a repair as suggested in the link if you're so inclined.

Z.
  3. FeloniousDrip Win User

Mic not working

Just entertain, for the moment, there is a firmware issue. I am seeing more and more people complaining that chat, thru their headset, is not working. I can make it work thru the Kinect, but not the headset. I have tried the headset on other devices that
    utilize 3.5 jacks, they work. But ONLY Xbox do they not work. I have tried multiple headsets with the same results. I am using an adapter. My son has a controller that does not need an adapter, he also sees the same issue.

Too many coincidences to believe everyone's headset/adapters all stopped working at the same time.

And yes, I have done the troubleshooting. Inclusive of an Xbox One restart. Updates are all done.

Any assistance appreciated.

Again, my headsets work on other devices.
  4. manuelpulido Win User

Mic not working

Me and 4 friends have the same issue, we bought the new controller with the 3.5 because the xbox one head set doesnt work out of nowhere, we try everything and it is definitely a xbox bug problem.
  5. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Mic not working

deathbyfoodtray - Would you mind telling us who is the manufacturer and which models are the headsets so we can look into this issue further for you?

Hey Bacterium189 - Would you mind creating a separate thread so we can best help you out? Thanks!
  6. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Mic not working

Sorry to hear that the solutions didn't work!

Please make sure that both the controller and Xbox One console are up-to-date. Who is the manufacturer and which models are the headsets? Do you remember when you purchased your headsets? If you've recently purchased them within the last 30 days, you may
    be able to exchange them with the retailer.

Let us know!
Thema:

Mic not working

1. Mic not working - Similar Threads - Mic working

2. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  3. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  4. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  5. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  6. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  7. Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?: So I have Astro a50 Gen 4s everything is up to date when it comes to firmware I can hear fine but I can’t use my mic on Xbox and what I mean by that is it works perfectly fine on pc. I’ve checked...
  8. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  9. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  10. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...