Mic not working through Xbox elite series 2 controller

Discus and support Mic not working through Xbox elite series 2 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is anyone having the same issue? I can hear game sound and my mates but nothing is picking up through my mic when I talk. It works on my old controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jordan Santy, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Jordan Santy
    Jordan Santy Guest

Is anyone having the same issue? I can hear game sound and my mates but nothing is picking up through my mic when I talk. It works on my old controller but not on my new elite series 2 controller. I’ve searched up how to fix it and seen a few threads on it but can’t find any answers on how to fix it.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Currently having to plug my mic into my old controller and use my elite controller to play which is not ideal.

:)

Jordan Santy, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jordan!

Please make sure that your Elite controller is assigned correctly to your account.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select the controller, and then the More options icon (…). Assigned to shows the current account assigned to that controller.
    To assign the controller to another account, select Assigned to, and then select the account that you want assigned to the controller. This will pair the controller to this account.

You may also re-add your account if it doesn't work to refresh everything.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.
  3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

How do I change my controller LED light?

4. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  5. Buachaill Dona Win User

Xbox elite controller 2 question

6. MárióPetri Win User

Reset Factory and Unpair elite controllers

This metod an xbox series s or x controller unpair.

My contorrel elite 2 and not working.
Thema:

1. Mic not working through Xbox elite series 2 controller - Similar Threads - Mic working through

2. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  3. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  4. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  5. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  6. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  7. Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?: So I have Astro a50 Gen 4s everything is up to date when it comes to firmware I can hear fine but I can’t use my mic on Xbox and what I mean by that is it works perfectly fine on pc. I’ve checked...
  8. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  9. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  10. Mic won't work through game streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic won't work through game streaming: Ever since the update on xbox, my mic does not work through game streaming. On the top right it now shows a mute mic symbol. My mic is working fine as it works when I'm not using game streaming...