Mic not working Solution

Discus and support Mic not working Solution in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This solution has work for me and a few of my buddies. I hope it will work for you :) If your problem is your mic is not picking up your voice and you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrewCIT, Jan 2, 2014.

1. DrewCIT
    DrewCIT Guest

Mic not working Solution

This solution has work for me and a few of my buddies. I hope it will work for you Mic not working Solution :)

If your problem is your mic is not picking up your voice and you have party chat turned on and or just not working.

Try this out:

Step One: Turn of your Xbox One. Let is shut down completely.

Step Two: Make sure you mic is plugged into your controler.

Step Three: Turn on you Xbox One using only the controller.

Step Four: Start a Party chat and or join one.

Step Five: Turn on Party chat.

Step Six: Speak "Test, Test, One, Two" If you are alone you should see your mic bubble move. If you joined your buddies you should hear "Hey look who got it working" or mean words depending on your friends.

I hope this has helped you and if it did not you might just need a brand new headset.

Regards,

ThinkTwicz

:)

DrewCIT, Jan 2, 2014
  2. VostokRising
    VostokRising Guest
    Mic not working

"This wouldn't be weird if I hadn't gone out and purchased a new controller and headset."

VostokRising, Jan 2, 2014
  3. LiL Rakus
    LiL Rakus Guest
    Mic not working

ive replaced the cord and 2.5 to 3.5 mm attachment and still no beans and i really dont want to delete my profile off my xbox.

LiL Rakus, Jan 2, 2014
  4. DavidNiell Win User

Compatible mic for Xbox series X

Thx Jesse, im agree with you. I tested USB standard mics and didnt world. Only works the headphones mic...but is not a solution for me...

I Hope Microsoft offered an official mics early....

Thx and have a nice day
  5. Proximiteh Win User

Microphone only works for about 3-5 seconds, then cuts out and nobody can hear me.

Maxen's solution did not work at all.

What can be done about this? The mic seems to work in every way except for transmitting my own voice.
  6. anonanonymous3 Win User

Xbox microphone issues continued

Pretty much using ANY random headsets/earbuds with mics will work.

Each time you connect a new mic, turn OFF controller, and RESYNC it.

This has proved to work with most games, audio, and AudioAdapter issues.

It will take 5 Minutes or so but it will work.

Sometimes it will happen in the first try.

If this works please share the solution.
  7. Manny Takn Over Win User

Xbox one is muted!

I was on phone with xbox they acted like they couldnt fix it, i was a solution and change out the controller and it worked right away with same mic
  8. EkkyJ Win User

Call of duty Warzone

Does anyone know why after this update my mic hardly works.. it works perfect with other games but ive found crossplay sometimes stops mics on both ends from working has anyone else encountered this?? Any solutions minus the obvious restart the console
    blah blah blah .. done all that and still no luck :(
Thema:

Mic not working Solution

1. Mic not working Solution - Similar Threads - Mic working Solution

2. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  3. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  4. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  5. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  6. Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?: So I have Astro a50 Gen 4s everything is up to date when it comes to firmware I can hear fine but I can’t use my mic on Xbox and what I mean by that is it works perfectly fine on pc. I’ve checked...
  7. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  8. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  9. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  10. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...