Mic not working in fornite party chat

Discus and support Mic not working in fornite party chat in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know this has been an ongoing issue with Xbox, I’m just wondering if anyone knows if Xbox has done anything to fix the mic problem in the fornite... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LeahMcArthur, Jul 21, 2021.

1. LeahMcArthur
    LeahMcArthur Guest

I know this has been an ongoing issue with Xbox, I’m just wondering if anyone knows if Xbox has done anything to fix the mic problem in the fornite party chat? We have the Xbox one s all digital.

We’ve done all the checks suggested and the mic works with every other app, it’s only party chat in fornite. Very frustrating for the kids trying to talk to mates, especially in COVID lockdown.

:)

LeahMcArthur, Jul 21, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Leah, how are you today?

So, I heard of this problem, but have you checked first the volume settings of the console? Have you checked the volume mixer?

This problem is happening to any other game?
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hit the xbox button on the controller > drag right to settings > click on audio > it will open three options for you to adjust the volume.

The first leave at most.

The second is "headset chat mixer" leave in the middle to hear both console and chat sounds or all the way to the left on the control symbol to hear only console sounds (music, games, etc.). )

And the third, at your discretion, is the microphone volume.
  4. Drakon Win User

Maybe going into the Fortnite settings and checking which mic it is using? Also maybe check the permissions for Fortnite. I dont play Fortnite so idk if this will work, these are problems I have encountered with other apps.
  5. LeahMcArthur Win User

Thank you, I’ve just found the audio setting inside of fornite, it was set to “push to talk” once I changed it to “open mic” it fixed the problem ✅ thank you again 👍🏻

I have one happy boy 😃
  6. FIZZY LP Win User

Good Afternoon Leah

Sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve been experiencing with your Xbox One S White Digital Edition Console.

Party chat should work no matter what game you are in, game chat will differ in yours and your friends settings.

Let’s start a party chat, do you get any orange or red error messages? Such as cannot connect to party chat or an error as occurred?

Please see these links for further help and guidance:

https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-0x89231806

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

To speak with an Microsoft Expert please follow this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

I hope this was helpful, please let me know how you get on…

Many Thanks :)
Thema:

1. Mic not working in fornite party chat - Similar Threads - Mic working fornite

2. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  3. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  4. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  5. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  6. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  7. Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ways to make my mic work on Xbox?: So I have Astro a50 Gen 4s everything is up to date when it comes to firmware I can hear fine but I can’t use my mic on Xbox and what I mean by that is it works perfectly fine on pc. I’ve checked...
  8. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  9. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  10. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...