Mic not recording in game (xbox game bar)

Discus and support Mic not recording in game (xbox game bar) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On xbox Game bar, i can record my microphone over game clips, however it only works if i record my desktop or internet browser, when i am in a game and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aaron Cavanagh, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Mic not recording in game (xbox game bar)

On xbox Game bar, i can record my microphone over game clips, however it only works if i record my desktop or internet browser, when i am in a game and record what happened the mic is not being recorded, how can i fix this?

windows 11, Xbox game bar for PC

:)

Aaron Cavanagh, Dec 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Aaron

Do you have the option to record mic in games enabled?

If that’s the case please try and double check this:

"Format" your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device

Go to Windows Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound
    Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If that doesn’t work try and double check this instead

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Game Bar not using my voice

Hello Michelle Ravenwood,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are trying recording using the game bar with your discord voice. Let us see how we can help.

Windows Xbox Game Bar can capture recording your screen, any sound output and your mic. You can turn the mic off if you do not want to record what your mic picks up. This is how the Xbox Game Bar capturing works. You can also capture recording on the other app by changing the audio to record capturing setting. To check follow the steps below:

• Open Xbox Game Bar or Windows key + G
    • go to Settings (gear icon)
    • select capturing and under Audio to Record, tick All.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. ToadBode Win User

Xbox Game Bar not recording audio from Nvidia Broadcast

I've never been able to get Xbox Game Bar to capture my audio when I record - not with my normal mic/Nvidia Broadcast/Voicemod or anything else. If you wanna record clips/gameplay your best bet is to use OBS (it's free). If you don't wanna download OBS then might as well just keep using your normal mic and deal with a little bit of background noise. If you want you can use the Xbox Game Bar feedback section (Settings Cog > Feedback > Xbox Game Bar Feedback) and report it as a bug.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Xbox Game bar using mic for recordings

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

When you start recording a clip, you have the option to disable the microphone next to the stop recording button. By doing this, the clip will not record anything your microphone has picked up.
  6. .Ashe_ Win User

Xbox Game Bar not recording microphone by default

As I mentioned in my original post, I've given the Xbox Game Bar app permissions. It's a bug. It shuts itself off even when I have the option turned on for it to turn my mic on by default when I record.
Thema:

1. Mic not recording in game (xbox game bar) - Similar Threads - Mic recording game

2. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  3. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  4. Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...: recording the last minute gets everything but my mic and if i manually record it gets my mic but it gets my internal instead of my external Quadcast S microphone im on windows 11 my default mic...
  5. Xbox game bar for windows - i cant unmute my mic while recording.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar for windows - i cant unmute my mic while recording.: Im trying to record something using game bar for windows and when i start recording it mutes my mic and im unable to unmute it. When i click the unmute button or press the shortcut nothing...
  6. I want to know if the Xbox can record my game and my mic because I tried to record a vid...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know if the Xbox can record my game and my mic because I tried to record a vid...: I want to record my vid and record my voice 0df66b3e-995a-4076-8ad0-bad829158ffa
  7. Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my mic in game capture only work after turning it on during a manual recording.: I've been using the XBOX game bar to capture video game clips of me and my friends. Usually it would only pick up audio from discord and from the game I play (rocket league). My own audio is not...
  8. Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on: I've tried to do everything I found on the web. I take the clips via windows alt g and it records all apps and everything, except my own mic. I can't figure out why. However, when I turn on...
  9. Pc gets framey when taking clips with Game Bar and clips dont record my mic audio but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc gets framey when taking clips with Game Bar and clips dont record my mic audio but...: Hi so lately idk why when i take clips with xbox game bar my pc will get framey basically for like a couple seconds and then return to normal and with my clips it wont record my mic but when i...
  10. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it: Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is...