Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,...

Discus and support Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm running the game, discord and xbox gamebar at the same time. when I turn on gamebar recording, the xbox mic will switch off. Discord can still hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Asinee, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Asinee
    Asinee Guest

Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,...

I'm running the game, discord and xbox gamebar at the same time. when I turn on gamebar recording, the xbox mic will switch off. Discord can still hear me but when I watch back the recording, only my voice is missing from the recording. How can i stop the xbox gamebar mic from switching off?

Xbox and Xbox gamebar have the required mic permissions. I've tried switching it on and off again. I'm wearing the Logitech G733 and reinstalled the drivers, but still nothing.

So I don't have a good solution to get it to automatically turn on. But I have figured what the triggers are for the mic

In xbox game bar, if you have the capturing audio setting to [game + enabled mic] the mic will automatically stay on.
    If you have the capturing audio setting selected on [All : Game, apps, enabled mic, and system], then when you start the game bar recording the xbox enabled mic will get switched off. What that means is that if you have a VC in discord going, discord will still hear you, xbox will record the game and discord, but your voice will not be recorded.
    When you start the recording, you can shortcut key the mic back on using [windows + ALT + M]. that will switch the gamebar mic back on. but you have to do thing every time you start a new recording which is not what I want to do every time (plus i don't remember half the time]
    This also applies to the quick clip function [Windows + Alt + G] where you can grab the recording of the last 30 secs - 2 minutes. This is handy if you weren't recording but just had an amazing moment you wanted to clip.

:)

Asinee, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Game Bar not using my voice

Hello Michelle Ravenwood,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are trying recording using the game bar with your discord voice. Let us see how we can help.

Windows Xbox Game Bar can capture recording your screen, any sound output and your mic. You can turn the mic off if you do not want to record what your mic picks up. This is how the Xbox Game Bar capturing works. You can also capture recording on the other app by changing the audio to record capturing setting. To check follow the steps below:

• Open Xbox Game Bar or Windows key + G
    • go to Settings (gear icon)
    • select capturing and under Audio to Record, tick All.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Gamebar audio doesn't pick up mic

Hi Deyaiceron, my name is Jose and it is my pleasure to help you.

I am very sorry that you are going through this problem and I understand you perfectly, so with the intention of helping you solve this problem you can try the following steps:

1. Check your audio settings in Xbox Game Bar to make sure your microphone is selected as the input device.
    2. Update audio drivers to the latest version.
    3. Reset Xbox Game Bar to default settings.
    4. Disable exclusive control of your microphone in other applications like Discord.
    5. Check your privacy settings to make sure microphone access is allowed in Xbox Game Bar.

If the problem persists, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Xbox Game Bar or resetting Windows audio settings to default. If you have any other questions, let me know, I will be happy to continue helping you.

Credits: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/9495cf21-692c-48e6-ab8d-a06739c0feec

I hope this information is useful to you, I wish you good luck.

Greetings,
    Jose.
  4. brightdowned Win User

xbox game bar not picking up audio from microphone

I don't have any other microphones to test with unfortunately, I'm using the mic on my headset. Reinstalling the game bar made no difference either.

I checked through the capture settings and it only seems to mute me when the "audio to record" is set to "all" ( i.e game audio, microphone, all other apps ), but not when it's set to "game" ( game audio + mic ). But the issue with this setting is that I want my discord calls / party members to be heard in the clips and recordings too. So I'm very much at a loss :(
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Game audio is being picked up by mic?

2 questions.

1st off, are.you in the preview program, and the 2nd, which is probably obviously answered, but have to ask for clarity, do you have any other headsets connected, or Kinect?
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Game audio is being picked up by mic?

I haven't seen this issue before but I imagine it's a problem with the particular headset you have.
Thema:

1. Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,... - Similar Threads - Mic being picked

2. Mic not being picked up with discord server

in XboX Insiders
    Mic not being picked up with discord server: I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Xbox. The issue is that when I connect my regular gaming headset to discord the mic stops working and no one can hear me. The headset works if I am in...
  3. my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open

in XBoX Accessibility
    my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open: My microphone is only being heard and picked up when i have the game bar menu open and immediately stops working once i close leave the menu for it. does anyone know how i can fix this?...
  4. Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset: Hello there, i got the Xbox Series X and the official Xbox Controller shipped within the console. My problem is, that i can hear myself when talking to a friend over xbox live (gold). I don't...
  5. My mic might be bugged

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic might be bugged: Somehow, someone joined my xbox party and either bugged the xbox party or my headset or my xbox. Possibly even my cell phone, and so I know this because someone who didn’t even join the party...
  6. Xbox one mic permanently on mute - this seems to be a known issue any fix yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one mic permanently on mute - this seems to be a known issue any fix yet?: Tried all the settings stuff - xbox one s with new controller and headphones jack. Any fix for this it seems to be a known issue? 66181b82-4d2a-4270-a255-15bd1965b51f
  7. Xbox app does not allow headset mic to be used in communication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not allow headset mic to be used in communication: The xbox app only connects to my headset mic about 5% of the time. It will allow me to connect to parties, but It does not use the headset bluetooth to communicate. Only the phone mic. This causes...
  8. Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly.: Headset mic cannot transmit my voice but I can hear others. Have tried trouble shooting to no avail. What to try next? 0ae50730-42a2-46dd-bab0-3f90318dd5b1
  9. Can the xbox one kinect be used as a mic on Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox one kinect be used as a mic on Xbox 360 games?: In reference to backwards compatible titles on the xbox one like Halo Reach. 07fbcb7a-c01c-4b54-96ad-91269fddf651
  10. WHEN IS THE MIC ISSUE GOING TO BE FIXED?

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHEN IS THE MIC ISSUE GOING TO BE FIXED?: This issue has been going on since approximately November/December yet there is still no admission from Microsoft that this is their issue or confirmation that a fix is on the way. This issue is...