Mic monitoring wont change

Discus and support Mic monitoring wont change in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cant change my mic monitoring even with my headset turned on d255f920-84bf-4774-96ac-9a56bbab718f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kankl1417, Nov 25, 2022.

1. kankl1417
    kankl1417 Guest

I cant change my mic monitoring even with my headset turned on

:)

kankl1417, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, have you tried to use a different controller?

Or are you using a wireless headset?
  3. Qvx Win User

Xbox mic problem

It doesnt rlly help tho i was able to hear myself through putting the mic monitoring up which means my mic is picking up my sound however it doesnt change the fact that my sound wont register in party chat
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Cant change mic monitoring

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kankl1417

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Is this happening on Xbox or PC?
    If it’s on Xbox, what console do you have?
    If it’s on PC, are you using windows 10 or 11?

In any case:
    When this started to happen?
    Do you know if your device received an update recently?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra information
    May I know if you tried using a different headset / microphone to see if that helps?
    Or if you have a wired headset, connect it to a different Xbox controller (and double check that the connector is a 3.5mm connector)

By the way, when you say “restarted my Xbox”, do you mean power cycle it?
    If not, give that a try as well

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  6. kankl1417 Win User

Thank you for responding, I am on an xbox series s and I believe it started today after I connected a wireless headset I have also tried restarting my xbox but it didn't work.
Thema:

1. Mic monitoring wont change - Similar Threads - Mic monitoring wont

2. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  3. I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.: When I plug my headset in I can hear audio, but I can’t talk or hear other players talk 20451793-29a1-40f8-bce0-b5426b9ee091
  4. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat: I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping. 4eb7e6fb-f331-4c73-9d05-f97948d0aaa5
  5. Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything: hello my turtle beach stealth 600 Gen 2 the older version not the new one withe the dongle my mic is fine my xbox series x on the otherhand isn't allowing my voice to be heard in party with or...
  6. Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset: Everytime I plug in my wired controller (gamesir g7 se) and my wired headset (steelseries) my mic monitoring is on. The only way I've found to turn if off is to go into a party and go to audio...
  7. How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...: Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level. No matter how many times I turn it back down...
  8. How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...: I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your headset or other device to change the...
  9. Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.

in XBoX on Windows
    Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.: Hi, Can anyone help me understand what I need to do regarding my headset to get in game audio and be able to use the mic too? I get the audio no problem but how do I go about being able to use...
  10. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.: So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't. And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work. I scrolled over to audio and it rightly says a headset is...