Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

Discus and support Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello there, i got the Xbox Series X and the official Xbox Controller shipped within the console. My problem is, that i can hear myself when talking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Warlord1337sU, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

Hello there,

i got the Xbox Series X and the official Xbox Controller shipped within the console. My problem is, that i can hear myself when talking to a friend over xbox live (gold). I don't want to hear myself. I've set the slider in the audiosettings all the way to the left, so it should be disabled. But this does nothing, i can hear myself.

My friend doesn't have the tv-audio on, so he is wearing a headset too, his microphone can't 'hear' the output of his speakers/headphone. The problem isn't on his side.

I'm using a brand new Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired headset. It's really disappointing constantly hear myself in my headphone when i'm talking. How to turn off this 'feature'?

The headset is working fine so far, i've testet it on Microsoft Teams in Windows 10, there is no problem at all. I can't hear myself on teams, so the error must be on the xbox side.

sorry for my english, but it's not my native language.

Thanks.

:)

Warlord1337sU, Apr 25, 2022
  2. FullHornet Win User

Gaming headsets for the Xbox One

Turtle Beach just came out with a completely wireless surround sound headset with mic monitoring for the Xbox One Stealth 500 X. Goes for $230.
  3. Shaggy2000 Win User

Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

Is your voice heard in your headset at exactly the same time as you speak, or is there a slight delay from you speaking to you hearing your voice back?

The only reason im asking is that whenever a certain friend of mine logs into a party chat we always get echo, ie I speak and then hear myself a split second later. Its all down to his cheap headset, his TV is muted and yet we always get echo.

The best way to tell if it is your friends fault or not is to leave the party chat tab showing on the left hand side of the screen, and then you speak (while he stays silent), if your friends chat icon lights up green when you hear your echo then its something wrong at his end.
  4. SltKiwi Win User

Unable to find microphone for these users!

For me, I unplug both the mic and turn off controller then plug them back in.

Then I realise my mic is muted from the headset. I have a Turtle Beach Recon 50x so there is a switch on the wire to mute the mic.

You can also check the audio settings to see if mic monitoring is all the way up.
  5. itzzApoc Win User

Unable to find microphone for these users!

For me, I unplug both the mic and turn off controller then plug them back in.

Then I realise my mic is muted from the headset. I have a Turtle Beach Recon 50x so there is a switch on the wire to mute the mic.

You can also check the audio settings to see if mic monitoring is all the way up.
    I did that and sadly no give. When my headset is plugged in. The only mic i can turn on or off is my kinect.
  6. MandiLynn Win User

Xbox One / Headset Not Working

I also bought:

Turtle Beach Recon 70 Headset for Xbox One - same issue

and TWO (2) SADES R5 Gaming Headset Headphone 3.5mm Wired Stereo Over-Ear with Mic Volume Control for PC/New Xbox One/PS4/Mac

All 5 headsets do the same thing...
Thema:

1. Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset - Similar Threads - Mic Monitoring can't

2. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  3. I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out how to turn mic monitoring on.: When I plug my headset in I can hear audio, but I can’t talk or hear other players talk 20451793-29a1-40f8-bce0-b5426b9ee091
  4. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat: I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping. 4eb7e6fb-f331-4c73-9d05-f97948d0aaa5
  5. Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything: hello my turtle beach stealth 600 Gen 2 the older version not the new one withe the dongle my mic is fine my xbox series x on the otherhand isn't allowing my voice to be heard in party with or...
  6. Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset: Everytime I plug in my wired controller (gamesir g7 se) and my wired headset (steelseries) my mic monitoring is on. The only way I've found to turn if off is to go into a party and go to audio...
  7. How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...: Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level. No matter how many times I turn it back down...
  8. How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...: I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your headset or other device to change the...
  9. Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.

in XBoX on Windows
    Question regarding audio and mic through monitor.: Hi, Can anyone help me understand what I need to do regarding my headset to get in game audio and be able to use the mic too? I get the audio no problem but how do I go about being able to use...
  10. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.: So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't. And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work. I scrolled over to audio and it rightly says a headset is...