Mic isn’t working.

Discus and support Mic isn’t working. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So yesterday got home from work, booted up the Xbox and joined a party with my buddies. Only problem was is they can’t hear my speak. Yeah can hear... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by joseph scism, Oct 16, 2022.

1. joseph scism
    joseph scism Guest

Mic isn’t working.

So yesterday got home from work, booted up the Xbox and joined a party with my buddies. Only problem was is they can’t hear my speak. Yeah can hear them just fine but even with me going through every possible setting/ help page……nothing. Even went and bought a different headset that was wired instead of wireless and same thing. I can hear but they can’t hear me. Xbox customer service did jack all to help when I called earlier so I’m hoping someone has a solution that doesn’t involve me getting a new console.

:)

joseph scism, Oct 16, 2022
  2. joseph scism Win User

Mic isn’t working.

Since you work for Microsoft is there a chance you could possibly see if my account was muted ? I don’t have any outstanding enforcement issues or anything but my buddy said he got his account muted my Microsoft one time on accident and they didn’t know.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Mic isn’t working.

Hi, sorry for the confusion
    I don't work for Microsoft, you can check who is who here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq

Also, if you are not able to see an enforcement action in your account history. This means that you're not banned and if that was the case, you shouldn't be able to use the Xbox mobile app to join parties

You can try to isolate the problem even more testing your account on a different console
    That could help
  4. joseph scism Win User

Mic isn’t working.

I’ve done quite a few MAC address restarts and nothing changes.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Mic isn’t working.

If you already tried the offline update the next step in this case is report the problem to the Xbox team with advanced diagnostics to see what's going on

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Because we already tried everything from your side
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Mic isn’t working.

Thanks, that helps to isolate the problem a bit more.
    Joseph, please try this on your console:

Open settings > general > volume and audio output > once there
    Select for both Headset and Speaker audio "Stereo uncompressed"

After that go to additional options > Make sure all the options there are unchecked

Under volume options > chat mixer > select Do nothing
    And under party chat output > try first leaving headset
    And if the issue persists leave speakers and headset

---------

If the issue persists and in case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed/updated from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

PS: if maybe you're using an insider build you need to leave the program first. If not the offline update is not going to work
Thema:

Mic isn’t working.

1. Mic isn’t working. - Similar Threads - Mic isn’t working

2. Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help

in XboX Insiders
    Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help: I been trying to fix an issue with my mic, it won’t work at all but I can hear myself in the mic monitoring but when I go into a party, there’s no output but I can still hear myself on the mic...
  3. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  4. My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them.: My Xbox mic isn’t working. They can’t hear me but i can hear them. 4b2d8013-33ca-4983-95b1-57523e89935c
  5. Why isn’t my mic working on my rig 300 pro XH for party chat?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn’t my mic working on my rig 300 pro XH for party chat?: I just bought the headset and can’t talk to people but can hear them through the headset. 45e02b7b-3ec3-4fa1-9324-ad8d3158de3d
  6. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  7. Why isn’t my mic working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn’t my mic working: My mic on my head seat works in every game but a Xbox call 40c25563-88c2-4de3-84d1-e8e561c0b60c
  8. My mic isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic isn’t working.: When my mic is adjusted, I can’t hear people speaking. For example, when listening to music the vocals disappear, when talking to friends they become very quiet and when playing fifa I can’t hear...
  9. My iPhones Mic isn’t working on the Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iPhones Mic isn’t working on the Xbox app: My mic works on everything on my iPhone but the Xbox app my friends said I sound like I’m going through the dishwasher And I’ve been trying everything I can think of to fix it anyone know why it’s...
  10. Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?: So the new Microsoft Xbox wireless headset for the new Xbox series X is a fantastic headset. Feels great and sounds great. But one of the reasons why I got it is for mic monitoring. I set it on...