Mic icon is always showing even when mic is unplugged

Discus and support Mic icon is always showing even when mic is unplugged in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been play games like rocket league and gta 5 and the mic icon is always showing up even tho I don't have a headset plugged in and I also do not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XxSkyXReaperxX, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Mic icon is always showing even when mic is unplugged

I've been play games like rocket league and gta 5 and the mic icon is always showing up even tho I don't have a headset plugged in and I also do not have a kinect. I need help fixing it.

:)

XxSkyXReaperxX, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Darktangent(2) Win User

Xbox Chat Issue (Mic Icon Always On Even When Unplugged)

Hey all!

Thank you so much for the information you have all provided. We have collected all of the information we need, and the proper teams are still hard at work to get this issue resolved.

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on a fix, but as soon as we get an update, we'll post it up in here.

We completely understand how frustrating this issue is, and we appreciate the continued feedback provided in this thread.
    This still isn't fixed. Just joined a party with one of my friends and he was muted, and I am unable to unmute him. Unmute in party does nothing. View profile and unmute will switch to mute, but backing out and viewing profile shows unmute again. We switched
    to game chat and I can hear him fine.

I think last time we played I muted him because his mic was buzzing, and he left party before I ever unmuted him. This seems to be an xbox live issue, and in 3 years it still hasn't been fixed.
  3. im darth tron Win User

I just stumbled across this mic issue and it does not seem like you Microsoft are willing to help any longer?
  4. Z0mBiExAssassiN Win User

I started experiencing this issue about a week ago and I have read through this entire forum with no avail for a solution. I have tried both regular Xbox headsets and 3.5mm jack headphones nothing works am I basically understanding I should throw my Xbox
    in the garbage because Microsoft couldn't fix this issue over the course of 3 years
  5. DE Aquatic Win User

Yes! I am having the same problem. I got my Xbox One S a couple days ago and the mic doesn't work. I can hear everything, but no one can hear me. Everyone in game chat can see my mic symbol. I have tried using apple headphones for a mic doesn't work. Bought
    adapter for my Xbox 360 turtle beaches doesn't work. I have tired all the things listed, but still no speech will go through ANY mic. It sounds like I am doing something wrong or Microsoft is having a glitch of some kind. If there is this many people having
    similar problems then something is up. I'm glad that I am not the only one with this issue.
  6. SPoUlaKK Win User

So i've been playing mostly single player games for a year and a half or not joining chats for multiplayer until now and realized the same thing that my mic was not going through in party chat. There were times i was able to talk if i turned the jack, or
    w/e it's called, into the perfect position, but if i moved the controller, i went back to being unable to be heard. I can hear everyone else perfectly though. I bought a new headset and a new controller, still same problem. Due to laziness, and not wanting
    to get up to get my headset and try again, i pulled my ear buds that came with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and plugged those in to my controller. The ear buds, also having a mic, actually allowed me to listen perfectly and talk perfectly in party chat........ Not
    sure if this can help anyone else having chat problems, but you can try. I'm wondering though why these buds work but not my two Turtle Beach headsets.
Thema:

Mic icon is always showing even when mic is unplugged

1. Mic icon is always showing even when mic is unplugged - Similar Threads - Mic icon always

2. Xbox One Mic Icon has line through indicating it is off, how do you fix??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Mic Icon has line through indicating it is off, how do you fix??: The mic icon (top of tv screen, right corner) has a line or a slash through it clearly saying this mic of off, not enabled, etc. I have gone up and down, in and out, all over trying to find what...
  3. Xbox One Mic icon is always off and muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Mic icon is always off and muted: Hi - we have 2 wired headsets and we're unable to speak or hear through either of them. One of them is brand new and compatible with Xbox One - we've tested it using a switch and it's not faulty....
  4. Xbox s dose not have audio output on TV and shows muted mic icon.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox s dose not have audio output on TV and shows muted mic icon.: Xbox s dose not have audio output on TV and shows muted mic icon. Although if connect headset on controller it give audio on headset.Have done every possible troubleshoot but no luck and even...
  5. Mic not working - line across mic icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working - line across mic icon: Hi there is a line striked through the micropphone icon - we have tried two diffrent hedsets (both work) and two controllers but line is still there and cannot use?...
  6. Mic showing this icon in top left when I speak - anyone know how to disable?

in XboX Insiders
    Mic showing this icon in top left when I speak - anyone know how to disable?: [IMG] submitted by /u/LoCelsoMaestro [link] [comments]
  7. Mic icon crossed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic icon crossed out: The mic icon on my xbox one console is crossed out so I have no sound on my headphones. I've searched online, tried all suggestions and nothing has worked. I've done a hard reset, I've...
  8. Mic icon appears with line through on home page

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic icon appears with line through on home page: Hi, my sons Xbox One S now loads and the mic icon next to the battery icon has a line through it. This now stops him being able to talk to his friends which he is trying to do through Fortnite....
  9. Mic icon with line through it. Did this ever get resolved?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic icon with line through it. Did this ever get resolved?: My son's xbox is showing the mic icon with a line through it. I do see that this is a common problem, but can't seem to find the fix that actually works. We have tried all the recommended...
  10. Mic icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic icon: I can hear everyone through my tv, i can also hear the sound of the game through my tv, but when i put my headset on i cant hear the game or my party and my party cant hear me, i’ve tried...