mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S) Only when I speak

Discus and support mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S) Only when I speak in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one S using a Corsair Void Pro wired headset & purchased a new Xbox Wireless Headset made by Xbox. I have same issue no matter what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MasterfulBruce, Jun 25, 2021.

1. mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S) Only when I speak

I have an Xbox one S using a Corsair Void Pro wired headset & purchased a new Xbox Wireless Headset made by Xbox. I have same issue no matter what headset I used.

Issue: within the last 3 months I began hearing an echo only when I talk. In only have one other person on the party check.

Went through all the changes including : Stereo uncompressed, Hdmi uncompressed, Chat mixer speech (and other settings), changed to Headset (but tried Headset & Speaker), changed mic monitoring at all settings (low, medium, high)

Person I am party chat with was using the same Corsair Void Pro wired headset until broken. He is now using a Skull Candy Hesh 2 wireless headset. Works well for him, but I am still hearing my voice echo. Not the entire sentence just the last couple of words. His system is an Xbox X console if that makes a difference.

I called support and they had me reset the console to factory settings. I did this twice once saving apps and info and again starting over they said they would send me an email to let them know if this resolved the problem I never received and email from Xbox support. Thus I am writing it hear.

Please help me so I can start playing online again without hearing my speak (echo). Thanks

:)

MasterfulBruce, Jun 25, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @MasterfulBruce!

Since the eco issue appears even when trying different headsets, then it is most likely that someone else in your party has their mic gain too high and has party chat through their TV or too loud in their headsets. check whose name shows when you hear the echo.

they would need to turn down party chat volume and/or change their mic sensitivity. However, we'd recommend checking Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support page as it contains some fixes.
  3. AridLizard Win User

Mic Echo on Xbox One

it depends who is hearing the echo.

if you are hearing an echo then it is most likely that someone else in your party has their mic gain too high and has party chat through their TV or too loud in their headphones. check whose name shows when you hear the echo.

they would need to turn down party chat volume and/or change their mic sensitivity
  4. HyruleBalverine Win User

can i use my kinect as a mic

The only thing to be aware of when using your kinect as a mic is placement of your Kinect. The mic can pick up the sounds from your TV (ie, the game and other people chatting with you) and will allow others to hear or will echo the party chat.
  5. slackadelic Win User

Mic echo, Party Chat only.

Does your friend have his audio going to his headset AND speakers?
  6. gbur02 Win User

Mic echo, Party Chat only.

Thema:

1. mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S) Only when I speak - Similar Threads - mic echoing problem

2. Mic Echo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Echo: So I recently bought an A10 headset on black Friday and I've had my Xbox series s controller since I got the console several years ago and it's been dropped and etc and whenever I play fortnite or...
  3. Ongoing Mic Echo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ongoing Mic Echo: Across two headsets and two controllers, I have had a party chat echo issue. I do not believe it to be audio bleed, as even hectic gameplay does not appear to echo, but only party chat. The only...
  4. Xbox party issue: friends can hear an echo from my mic but I can't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party issue: friends can hear an echo from my mic but I can't.: A short while ago I bought a new controller to replace one with some drift on a thumbstick. It also works wonders for volume since it gets past the greyed out volume settings for moly older...
  5. Mic Echo

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mic Echo: I have a Turtle Beach Recon 70 and I have been having echo issues. I don't have tv volume on, and no matter what volume my headset is at, my friends hear themselves. Even when my mic is flipped up...
  6. Mic Echo Series S Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Echo Series S Elite Controller: Yes yes, I know. There are way too many questions about mic echo, but listen up!! I Have never had mic echo issues on xbox. I still have the same controller and headset I have been using. The only...
  7. Xbox headset mic echo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset mic echo: I have an astro 10 headset that has been working for about a year and my friends have said that they are hearing themselves echo and get louder through my mic but i cant hear anything. The problem...
  8. Mic echo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic echo: On my mic my friend exhos onto my mic how can i fix this? b3c61cf1-09d4-448a-b266-5168fb86fa0f
  9. MIC echo

in XBoX on Consoles
    MIC echo: So me and another friend are using PC and 6 other friends are using xbox. Both our mics are echoing even if muted. They can all hear an echo even though we are muted. Please help...
  10. Mic echo, Party Chat only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic echo, Party Chat only.: The last few months, my friend's been having serious echo issues in party chat; his voice echoing in my headset. We're both pretty technically apt and most articles we've found to try and resolve...