Mic Audio sounds garbled/robotic/underwater when using Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Mic Audio sounds garbled/robotic/underwater when using Xbox Game Bar in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 and a USB interface with an XLR microphone. The sound is fine for me and works fine for other applications like discord, but when... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Agent Jrad, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Agent Jrad
    Agent Jrad Guest

I am using Windows 11 and a USB interface with an XLR microphone. The sound is fine for me and works fine for other applications like discord, but when in an xbox party, everyone else hears my audio as all garbled and very not nice to listen to.

I've dug around these forums and found tons of people having the same problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/2e6f3fda-a5cd-46af-b079-76e1fa31a472?page=1

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-a-robot/8f1b4953-0446-45ce-8550-fc78facedf8e

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...derwater/c9aa3666-e726-45a4-b106-4f610f1e0297

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/1c10281c-3c6c-4520-a1a9-aeb1d15bed7b

^ this post is especially nice because there is a sound recording

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ng-party/e35a53fe-2e72-4833-a127-0715a442da7f

I have tried every solution in all of these posts and none of them have worked. A few people found workarounds, but none of those appear to be possible for me as I cannot replicate their results.

This clearly has been a problem since October of last year and Microsoft hasn't done anything to fix it, just send cookie-cutter responses (looking at you Josef) and hope nobody cares long enough to need to keep responding.

Can someone please let me know if Microsoft is actually working on this?

:)

Agent Jrad, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Agent Jrad Win User

None of that work. Ive tried drivers, Ive tried updates, ive tried changing the format in the advanced audio settings, anything mentioned in the forum posts I linked I have tried and it did not work for me.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling xbox game bar multiple different ways, still no dice
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Agent Jrad,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the information presented, the audio issue happens in Xbox Game Bar app party chat only while on other apps, work perfectly fine. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can try:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Check for known issues and updates from the manufacturer

Your Windows device relies on your audio hardware. That hardware relies on software called drivers to run. Drivers are updated frequently, so even if your hardware is brand new, it's a good idea to check for updates. Here's how:

• Press the Start button on your Windows device or keyboard, or select the Windows key in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Go to Search, enter "dxdiag.exe" and then select dxdiag Run Command in the list of results, or press Enter.
    Note: When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, a progress bar appears at the bottom of the window to let you know when the information has been loaded.

• On the Sound tab, look for the provider or manufacturer of the audio device, and then note the name, model, and version number of the audio driver.
    • Open a web browser and search for the manufacturer's website.
    • Follow the steps to search for your specific audio device, and then check if there are any available updates for you to install.
    3. Scan your device for potential viruses

• Run a scan for viruses using Windows Security or software you’ve installed.
    • Once all viruses and threats are removed, restart your PC.
    • Temporarily disable your security software and then try starting or joining a party again.
    For your reference, see: Troubleshoot problems with party audio on Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Agent Jrad,

Thanks for letting us know that the prior resolution does not help resolve the issue. We have other strategies to try.

By the way, before we go any further, we would like to confirm if the following settings from your privacy and online safety settings for your profile are properly configured. The following information should be set to everyone:

• Others can communicate with voice, text or invites
    • You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice and text
    • You can use video for communications

To check, open a browser and go to https://account.xbox.com/profile and select privacy tab then find those information above and be sure to click submit after you have set it to everyone.

And also, we would like to ask additional information so that we can further isolate the issue.

1. Is everyone in the party chat can hear you in garbled sound or happening only to some friends?
    2. Have you tried using a different headset with microphone so we can check if this is not related to compatibility issue?
    3. Can you provide us the make and model of your microphone?
    As additional troubleshooting steps, we will make sure that your Xbox app is updated. To check available updates, go to Microsoft store and choose library and see for available update.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Azerael Win User

Windows Xbox app, I sound like a robot underwater to my friends in party chat

hey, this seems to be an issue with something in the software of the Xbox game bar

everyone with an audio interface has had this issue with Xbox parties only and there are no issues with other apps.

it appears to be something with either the software or with Microsofts hardware because regardless of which interface

I use (I have 5) and which microphone I use my friends all report (underwater robot or underwater static) from my microphone

but only if its in an Xbox party, discord works fine, skype works fine, even game chats work fine.

It seems to be an issue with the software communicating with the audio interface as with a standard USB or AUX mic

I'm not having any of these problems.

It's nearly 100% not on our end but something in the software of this new game bar

and even when it is most of the time its not related to this properly.

If anyone has a fix that's worked for them please don't hesitate to reply to this post please.
Thema:

1. Mic Audio sounds garbled/robotic/underwater when using Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Mic Audio sounds

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  4. My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic is not working but I can hear audio - how do I fix this?: My mic is getting audio from Xbox however my mic is not inputting into my Xbox to chat in parties online. It was working fine a few days ago. I’ve tried all the things that were suggested,...
  5. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  6. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  7. Streaming to twitch with headset no mic audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming to twitch with headset no mic audio: Trying to stream on twitch with Xbox x through twitch app and only in game audio is being recorded all setting have mic on both Xbox and twitch tried two headsets can hear in game audio fine...
  8. Gamebar audio doesn't pick up mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Gamebar audio doesn't pick up mic: Hello I am having issues with xbox gamebar when i have it on "all" audio for capturing clips it picks up discord and other sounds but not my mic but if I were to toggle "game" it picks up my mic...
  9. Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic: Recently, out of nowhere my microphone decided it was done picking up game sound. I can still chat and hear friends. Naturally i figured it was because my mic was broken..nope. Then, I figured it...
  10. xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio: hello im on xbox one ,im connecting it to a optama hd projector via hdmi, and to a sound bar via optical lead the sound works after altering settings on xbox to stop audio on hdmi and enable on...