Messed up hard drive?

Discus and support Messed up hard drive? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My dad got me a seagate 1tb hard drive, slightly used but not for long. And as i got the series S, i didnt have much storage so he lended the hard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FourthBook53700, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Messed up hard drive?

My dad got me a seagate 1tb hard drive, slightly used but not for long. And as i got the series S, i didnt have much storage so he lended the hard drive to me. But, everytime i try to format it to game storage so i could download more, it doesnt show the option for it, nor show it is any other storage device in settings, But i just tried to use it on media to see if it worked. It did, but it wont stop staying for the pictures,music,videos storage purpose. all i want to know is, how do i get it to show and work for games, and how do i get it off the option for videos/Etc.?

PS: it says there only 736kb free of the 931.5???? so maybe why but im not sure

:)

FourthBook53700, Jan 21, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Messed up hard drive?

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to connect the hard drive to your PC and format it from there?

Thanks!
  3. nevillefarrell Win User

Messed up hard drive

Sounds like your hard drive has come to the end of it's life I'm sorry to say. You could try attaching it to a different Xbox to see if maybe the issue is with the console but I'd say it is with the hard drive.

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

You'll need to set up a repair for the hard drive. Register your console using the above website and you will find out if your in or out of warranty for this issue.
  4. MaDnEsSgEaRs13 Win User

Hard Drive Messing Up?

Thanks, I've removed the external, and it works perfectly. So that was the problem. Sooner or later, I'm going to get an actual Xbox 360 hard drive, since you gotta have 'em to play Halo 2 and other original Xbox games.
  5. pauliejoseph Win User

Hard drive messed up

^^^^^ Couldn't be more true. It has been said on here so many times please people stay away from third party transfer cables!!!!!!!!
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Hard drive messed up

[quote user="DontJackDry"]Hey guys i was trying to use my transfer cable to transfer my account to my other xbox. well i formatted my hard drive to a usb[/quote]That is typically only possible if you're using a third-party transfer cable.
    i was wondering
    if there was anyway to change it back into a hard drive please let me know...
    Once the custom formatting and security data is gone, there's no sanctioned method to get them back.
Thema:

Messed up hard drive?

1. Messed up hard drive? - Similar Threads - Messed hard drive

2. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  3. Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...: My Xbox has randomly started buzzing and squeaking. I have found it out to be the fan and im wondering if it is due to it maybe getting too dry? Would putting electronic oil on the fan possibly...
  4. Running Quake 1 on Xbox messed up my colours

in XboX Insiders
    Running Quake 1 on Xbox messed up my colours: I was playing Quake then I had saved my game and had got out of Quake. When I say I got out of Quake I don't mean I closed the application I just when to the Xbox Series X home screen. After that...
  5. Why is the Xbox report system messed up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox report system messed up: When I report people it normally doesn't go through it says that Xbox couldn't take action but yesterday it said that Xbox had taken action well right after that my Xbox was suspended so now I can...
  6. Game chat for none of my games are working, party chat works fine, I’ve already messed...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat for none of my games are working, party chat works fine, I’ve already messed...: my game chat is not working for any of my games, the party chat works fine. I’ve already messed with the settings and stuff to try and fix it, anyone know what the problem is?...
  7. Sick of these 4 gamertags messing and cheating on mw2 get some people on there to catch...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sick of these 4 gamertags messing and cheating on mw2 get some people on there to catch...: uWhy are there so many people on mw2 cheating there ddos people freezing there internet i pay good money for games and live and my kids are getting kicked offline hacked deranked by all kimds of...
  8. Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...: Can someone please help me before I football kick my phone across the room at mach ten. 7702d1fe-6045-46cc-9fbc-2cd9f6fa219e
  9. Minecraft Migration Messed Up??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Migration Messed Up??: So I've migrated my mojang to microsoft a while ago and now it's saying I haven't and I can't proceed beyond these pages. I can't play, I can't make account changes, just completely locked. Any...
  10. External Hard Drive Mess

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Mess: I have an external hard drive for my Xbox One and have been using it to save app and game data once my internal hard drive was full. I was having some trouble saving game progress with Mass Effect...