Messaging on xbox live not working

Discus and support Messaging on xbox live not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For 48 hours now I have not been able to access messages on xbox live on my mac laptop even though it has worked perfectly for ages now Any ideas... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mystic Cystim, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Messaging on xbox live not working

For 48 hours now I have not been able to access messages on xbox live on my mac laptop even though it has worked perfectly for ages now Any ideas anyone?

:)

Mystic Cystim, Dec 22, 2015
  2. Sennaiii
    Sennaiii Guest
    Can't message

hey I can't message on Xbox live it keep coming up with error message saying "check your account messaging isn't working for your account" I don't know what to do. I'm not suspended from messaging. Can you please help

Thanks

Sennaiii, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Justice Club
    Justice Club Guest
    Messaging on Xbox Live is not working

Message could not be sent.

And when you send invites to certain multiplayer parties or xbox live parties they dont recieve it. FIX IT.

Justice Club, Dec 22, 2015
  4. spiffy939
    spiffy939 Guest

No, all I can tell you is the messages are working fine for me on pc but im not using a mac. Sounds like the problem is at your end and not xbox live tho unless all macs are having trouble.

spiffy939, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Bill Tomas Win User

Xbox live messages not working

Bump!

I'm experiencing the same issue. Notifications of messages and replies get intercepted by the XBox app on my phone rather than display on my console.

A problem when organizing a group event with limited spaces and order of reply determined if you in or out.
  6. Thunder Trip Win User

Messaging on Xbox Live is not working

Xbox Live has acknowledged that, oh yes, they screwed us again.

(they screwed up.. the end) no, just kidding.

I'm very sorry that you're having this problem too. There were a large number of Xbox Live subscribers who were unable to connect this afternoon. As of 11:30 CST, there is still a service alert on the main support page that addresses your issue in more
    detail (as well as other problems that the XBL staff are working on as quickly as possible). In addition to not being able to send and receive messages, some users are still temporarily unable to access their friends list.

This is a very upsetting issue to many, especially if you play on XBL often, and play team-based games with people you know (Call of Duty, Halo, Rock Band, Battlefield, Gears). The good folks at XBox tech support have assured us that they are working on
    this issue and hope to have it resolved soon. I was unable to get on Xbox live for about three hours earlier, and still can't access saved data in a couple of games. Yes, I used a lot of inappropriate language while figuring out that they still haven't worked
    the bugs out, but.... yeah, it's xbox. What did you expect? Perfection? (giggling)

For more information, visit the following link:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

If there are any issues outstanding, they are described in more detail there (instead of just getting an error message and code when you try to fix it on your console.

You're not alone. I think there are many unhappy XBL subscribers who pay good money for this service, and they shouldn't have to pay for problems. I'll be alongside you, praying that they fix this like, NOW.

Best of luck,

Envy
  7. spiffy939 Win User

No, all I can tell you is the messages are working fine for me on pc but im not using a mac. Sounds like the problem is at your end and not xbox live tho unless all macs are having trouble.
  8. matthewiag Win User

Xbox Live Messages won't work

Hello TheRealBajanman

Can you check if you have security proofs enabled on your account.

1. Please go to and sign into this page
    https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage

2. Look under where it says "Security Info helps keep your account secure" and make sure you have a Phone Number and Alternate Email Address set.

3. Power cycle the console press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and wait 1 minute then turn on the console.

4. Sign back in to your account and try and send a message

After this you should be able to send messages again :)
  9. matthewiag Win User

Xbox Live Messages won't work

Hello TheRealBajanman

Can you check if you have security proofs enabled on your account.

1. Please go to and sign into this page
    https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage

2. Look under where it says "Security Info helps keep your account secure" and make sure you have a Phone Number and Alternate Email Address set.

3. Power cycle the console press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and wait 1 minute then turn on the console.

4. Sign back in to your account and try and send a message

After this you should be able to send messages again :)

i believe my security proofs are enabled from the looks of it and is it required i have a phone number in it?
    Yes you need both proofs set on the account.

I would recommend you set them both to prevent any unwanted access and an easier ways to recover you account.

Also this should fix your message issue.
Thema:

1. Messaging on xbox live not working - Similar Threads - Messaging live working

2. Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to fix the upnp is unsuccesful message?: I need help with taking out the upnp is not succesful message please help. These people from microsoft dont wanna help me. e80a7c19-dfbb-4d8b-a3f5-f721f0340fc3
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox...: What is www.xboxchecker.com I've received a random message about Xbox checker on my Xbox Series X console messages? Is it safe to go this website and why did I receive this? submitted by...
  5. When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to my messages it says “ we can’t get all of your messages right now. Check back...: My chats will not pull up or show me any chats from the past d78b6435-e963-4b35-a5e7-d54dcf10ead7
  6. Xbox 360 messages disappearing after signing out of Xbox Live or turning off console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 messages disappearing after signing out of Xbox Live or turning off console: My friend sent me a message on his Xbox one and the only way I can message them currently is through Xbox 360. If I cannot reply to messages in time and forget to reply to them and turn off my...
  7. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  8. Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...: Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry something went wrong . Try again in a while (0X80070520) Was working fine yesterday...
  9. How do I fix the error message when trying to set up a live stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the error message when trying to set up a live stream?: When I try to set up a live stream in the capture and share part of the Xbox menu it loads for a while before displaying a message that says "Sorry, Something went wrong. Try this again In a...
  10. I can't sign into Xbox live and the app isn't providing me any error messages or reason (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign into Xbox live and the app isn't providing me any error messages or reason (PC): As the title says really. I keep attempting to sign in to the Xbox app but unfortunately I'm unable to. I've tried re-installing the app, and my password works fine on here. When i attempt to...