Message from "blocked" user?

Discus and support Message from "blocked" user? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is specific to the game I'm playing (Deep Rock Galactic), but while playing on PC with the Game Pass I keep noticing a... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Mikael Te Smol, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Message from "blocked" user?

I'm not sure if this is specific to the game I'm playing (Deep Rock Galactic), but while playing on PC with the Game Pass I keep noticing a notification that says "Received message from blocked user [Username]". First off, this is the first time I'm encountering these people so I'm not sure why or how they're blocked. Second, when I check my messages there no new chats or even requests. If it's not a glitch, how do I check these? Has anybody experienced this with other online games while playing PC Game Pass?

:)

Mikael Te Smol, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Mikael!

I am afraid that there's no option for us to check blocked players list on PC unless you have an Xbox console we can use to check it.

Were you able to get a copy of their gamertag? If so, try to search it on your Friends section and confirm if they're really blocked. If not, it could be just a bug.
  3. HopeMonse Win User

I receive messages from a blocked user

If I did, I stopped sending messages and blocked it, but afterwards I could continue sending messages.
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

After blocking the user, you are not responding to them in any way correct? Responding removes the block.

You did the steps to block
    (and didn't repeat the steps to unblock) correct?
  5. Geth Win User

You may need to redo the block, if nothing happens, I recommend calling phone support.
  6. Rqvg Win User

I agree with everything Mistress Sara said however i just want to add a link on how to properly Mute/Block someone. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/block-or-mute-other-player
Thema:

1. Message from "blocked" user? - Similar Threads - Message blocked user

2. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  3. Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I try to check my messages it says “We can’t get all of your messages right now....: I’ve tried resetting my Xbox and hard turning it on and off. dfdb2707-7708-4ab8-9eff-c2cdcd990d69
  4. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...
  5. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  6. Issue with feedback messages on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with feedback messages on console: Hi everyone, for a few days now I've been receiving messages on the console regarding leaving feedback regarding the service due to a problem I've had. the problem is that I have already received...
  7. If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...: He used spaces to call me a porch monkey and n word how do i report this? Gt [mod removed] 9d82a3e2-2ba1-4e64-9bf2-638420a5312d
  8. Lack of error messages for "blocked" accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lack of error messages for "blocked" accounts: Tried to log into multiple Microsoft run/associated websites. But it just wouldn't complete the log in process, sending me back to the log in screen time and time again, at best the url would tell...
  9. Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why were they still able to invite me and message me when I blocked them months ago and it...: I had blocked someone from months ago and I never unblocked them and they still managed to find a way to message and invite me and continue to harass me and I can’t understand why I’m trying to...
  10. Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...: Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message 0323c51a-d86d-4183-b2ce-ac3a9d4ce3ef