Merging an Email with an automated generated Gamertag with an already existing gamertag

Discus and support Merging an Email with an automated generated Gamertag with an already existing gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In the beginning, I made an Xbox account with an email account I currently don't use anymore. On this Gamertag, I bought games, finished games, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ThijsWar, Oct 3, 2020.

1. ThijsWar
    ThijsWar Guest

Merging an Email with an automated generated Gamertag with an already existing gamertag

In the beginning, I made an Xbox account with an email account I currently don't use anymore.

On this Gamertag, I bought games, finished games, and have achievements.

When I needed a new email address Microsoft made an auto-generated Gamertag for me.

Now I have an email address I use for work etc. and a Gamertag I cant transfer to that email because it already has a Gamertag.

So I use Email#1 with Gamertag#1

And I use Gamertag#2 with email#2

How do I merge Email#1 with Gamertag#2 without losing data on either?

:)

ThijsWar, Oct 3, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi War,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. I'm sorry to inform you the option to transfer/merge Gamertag, saved data, achievements and any/or game purchases from one account to another Microsoft Account will not be possible. We currently do not have
    an available feature. The one step we have available is changing the primary email on
    the Microsoft account
    . You can however set up home console on
    your main profile. Note: If you choose to remove an alias that uses a Microsoft domain such as @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, or @live.com, that alias will be completely deleted and will not be available to
    sign in to any Microsoft services. A Microsoft and Xbox account are one and the same. As there is nothing more I will be locking this thread.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

DOES XBOX PROFILES BEEN CREATED AUTOMATICLY OR MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED?

It could have been an automated name that was randomly generated by the system for your Gamertag. If you signed up for a Microsoft account, or signed up for a Microsoft email address, it could have assigned you a Gamertag like this automatically.
  4. WPAK Win User

join existing local profile to existing live account?

Hi there,

-

No, you can't merge a local profile with an already existing Xbox Live account, it is only possible to 'upgrade' that local profile to a new Xbox Live account. If you want to do that see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag
  5. onyxishere Win User

I can't recover my Microsoft Account

you can change the email of a gamertag but you cannot merge them.
  6. Smwutches Win User

A gamertag that already exists

Thema:

1. Merging an Email with an automated generated Gamertag with an already existing gamertag - Similar Threads - Merging Email automated

2. I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what...: I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what microsoft account it was. how can i find out and start playing minecraft agn?...
  3. How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?: I have an old Java edition Minecraft account, and I missed the migration window so I bought Minecraft again. I can tell Microsoft still has access to the data in my old account though because it...
  4. Two Merged Minecraft Accounts???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Merged Minecraft Accounts???: I bought Minecraft Java edition under my dad’s Microsoft account a little over a year ago which was also being sold with Bedrock as a package. I also have a Microsoft account which only has...
  5. Multiple microsoft account to merge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple microsoft account to merge: Hi, I've got Minecraft few years ago with one of my E-mail account (french mail 'wanadoo'). This E-mail is now unactive and I would like to switch my minecraft account to an other e-mail...
  6. How to open up Minecraft after Merging

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to open up Minecraft after Merging: Hello! I'm having some issues with my copy of Minecraft. I purchased the game back on 9/11/20 and merged my single account once on 1/28/22 for Java, and another time on 3/13/22 on my Android...
  7. Minecraft Micrsoft Merging

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Micrsoft Merging: I have a Minecraft account under a sbcglobal.net email, however, this email was deleted a long time ago. I would like to get my free Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition since I was not able to...
  8. Fiance and I's friends list merged together

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fiance and I's friends list merged together: So me and my Fiance use the same Xbox Series X and whenever he is logged in he gets my friends on his friends list. I'm fully logged out of the Xbox but they're still appearing on his friends...
  9. Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...: I have two Xbox accounts and want to merge both of them to one number to authenticate I don't use Skype is it possible to remove it in use a single number for two accounts so I can authenticate...
  10. Can I merge Microsoft accounts or just move over the email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I merge Microsoft accounts or just move over the email address?: I've had several microsoft accounts and only really used them for xbox live. This account I've had for probably coming up on 20 years now uses a hotmail email address that I don't have access too....