Menu option "Use TV remote for console" gone?

Discus and support Menu option "Use TV remote for console" gone? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I use my Sony tv remote for my Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, and A/V reciever through HDMI CEC. Works like a charm and keeps a lot of remotes off my table.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CrankLeaf, Nov 28, 2022.

1. /u/CrankLeaf
    /u/CrankLeaf Guest

I use my Sony tv remote for my Nvidia Shield, Apple TV, and A/V reciever through HDMI CEC.
    Works like a charm and keeps a lot of remotes off my table.

I would of course like to use that on my xbox series s as well when using streaming services like Netflix and Plex.
    I find a few post online to make this happen by checking "Use TV remote for console" in the "General TV&AV power options menu".
    However that option is missing for my Xbox.
    All the other HDMI CEC menu options are there and are working just fine like turing on and off tv with console, volume regulation through console etc.
    Any ideas?

submitted by /u/CrankLeaf
    [link] [comments]

/u/CrankLeaf, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox Series X won’t connect

When you changed TV and HDMI cables, did you use the SOURCE option on the TV remote to ensure you are using the correct HDMI socket that is connected to the console. (ie) set HDMI 1 or 2 or 3 on the SOURCE menu if that's how the console is connected.
  3. PVS123 Win User

Xbox One S blank screen on TV

"I have used every combination possible but when I connect the Xbox One S to the TV, it just shows a blank screen."

If the console works on a different TV, it sounds like the Pansonic has lost some part of its setup so you may need to check its settings with the remote Menu option, and/or power cycle the TV.

Any cable changes to the setup should be done with power completely off, not in Standby mode.

This may sound silly, and no offense, but have you ensured the correct Source with the TV remote?

When everything is turned off, turn on in this order...

First the TV, then AVR if using and last of all the console.

Let us know the result.
    I thought this may work @AquarrzSudnnym. Did check the menu and then reset the TV to factor settings also.

I made sure that the console or the TV were not in standby mode.

Yes, have got the correct source with the TV remote.

Tried turning in the order you suggested but to no avail.

Staring at the blank screen and running out of options I guess!
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

How to fix no signal on TV

Make sure the TV is set to use the correct HDMI channel by using the SOURCE menu on the TV remote.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

HD sound Problem on new tv

Press the menu button on your TV remote then press the numbers 4 7 2 5 in sequence, this opens the service menu, for pete's sake do not be tempted to go messing about in there, navigate to the Options menu, you will see the Factory reset option in there.
  6. WPAK Win User

Newbie question: Switching back to television mode

Hi there if your tv remote has a 'source' button pressing that might do the trick. It is often an square with rounded edges and an arrow to the side. Or you could try if there is a source option in the menu of the tv settings of the tv.
Thema:

1. Menu option "Use TV remote for console" gone? - Similar Threads - Menu option remote

2. Option missing from menu "Make it magic"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Option missing from menu "Make it magic": In the support page the option of "Make it fast, make it magic" is available. but that option for easy login does not show on my Xbox console [img] 70c7ccea-a8c7-4d49-92a2-3a5bc3dd11d4
  3. Xbox app menu only shows 'My Library' and 'Store' as options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app menu only shows 'My Library' and 'Store' as options: Hi, I don't think my app is working properly and I would like to know if there's something that can be done about it. Here's an example: [img] Thank you for your time....
  4. "Use Game Art" option missing from background color menu after latest update

in XBoX on Windows
    "Use Game Art" option missing from background color menu after latest update: After the latest update to the newer interface I have just a grey screen for a background, no game art when selecting a game tile. I checked, and the option "Use Game Art" is now missing from the...
  5. 4K HDR system menu option to improve display on 4K projectors

in XboX Insiders
    4K HDR system menu option to improve display on 4K projectors: My setup: AVR with 4K, Series X, 4K laser projector, optical HDMI cable for 2.1 speed (verified). The system menus on Xbox are scaled up to 4K (you can clearly see the blown up pixels not...
  6. Xbox Series S refresh rate option no showing in xbox menu

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S refresh rate option no showing in xbox menu: Hey guys i have a Xbox Series S and i have a Dell S3220DGF for monitor and i been trying to change my 4k/60hz into 1440p/120hz i also tried 1080p/120hz but even tho i tried everything (free sync...
  7. There should be an option to view all games menu in Microsoft Store.

in XboX Insiders
    There should be an option to view all games menu in Microsoft Store.: Currently, you can only view a select amount of games segregated into different tabs in the store--i.e. "New Games", "Suggested For You"', "Deals", etc. I think this is too limiting. There should...
  8. Please bring back the Twitter button to the main sharing menu instead of this mobile option.

in XboX Insiders
    Please bring back the Twitter button to the main sharing menu instead of this mobile option.: [IMG] submitted by /u/javycane [link] [comments]
  9. Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice : No HDR option in the Menu

in XBoX on Windows
    Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice : No HDR option in the Menu: Hi Everyone. I'm having problem with the HDR mode for Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice for PC. I have HDR turn on in windows 10 and it works perfect for Sea Of Thieves but it does not show up in...
  10. Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu

in XboX Insiders
    Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu: With the future of console streaming we'll be syncing our bluetooth controllers to our phones but then to use it on the console itself again we have to hit the sync button on the console and it...