Members of Microsoft, is it possible to move "Get Automatic Updates" to Energy-Efficient Mode?

Discus and support Members of Microsoft, is it possible to move "Get Automatic Updates" to Energy-Efficient Mode? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'd like for Xbox One and Series consoles to be more energy efficient, and for gamers like me, to enjoy our games without needing to be interrupted for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JOHN BRESCHER, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Members of Microsoft, is it possible to move "Get Automatic Updates" to Energy-Efficient Mode?

I'd like for Xbox One and Series consoles to be more energy efficient, and for gamers like me, to enjoy our games without needing to be interrupted for updates.

:)

JOHN BRESCHER, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Members of Microsoft, is it possible to move "Get Automatic Updates" to Energy-Efficient Mode?

3. smileskybird Win User

Xbox One Energy-Inefficient?

Just turn it off at the wall is enough, but some strict parents may want to do the above, just handle it with care. Companies may make energy efficient hardware as reasonably possible like energy efficient light bulbs which last far longer than old fashioned
    light bulbs and use less power. I'm sure Microsoft has good environmental policies. They also programmed the Xbox 360 to automatically shutdown after like an hour of inactivity like idling in a game or on the dashboard. They could reprogram/update the operating
    system on Xbox 1. I viewed the image geek and I think they showed it like this to make it simple. If I were in the development team, I would have wrote it like that too.

Even though products may strive to be energy efficient, they still consumer power, and it is the responsibility of the user, (not the machine which it's makers have tried to make energy efficient), on how much power goes to it.
  4. Malacath Win User

Update all my Games

I wish it was possible as I use energy saving mode too.

I did put a suggestion in the xbox feedback site here

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6029009-automatic-updates-for-people-using-energy-saving-m

You could go there and vote for it. and maybe comment as there are a lot of unhelpful comments there from people saying use instant on mode. Clearly they don't have to pay the electric bills or are not annoyed by the noise of the power brick when trying
    to sleep.
  5. Malacath Win User

Xbox One Data usage

Also switch the console to energy saving mode as automatic updates will eat up your download limit. In energy saving you will only download updates for games if you try to play them
  6. Tomas Kopecny Win User

Update all my Games

I wish it was possible as I use energy saving mode too.

I did put a suggestion in the xbox feedback site here

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6029009-automatic-updates-for-people-using-energy-saving-m

You could go there and vote for it. and maybe comment as there are a lot of unhelpful comments there from people saying use instant on mode. Clearly they don't have to pay the electric bills or are not annoyed by the noise of the power brick when trying
    to sleep.
    Well, this is done under Settings -> System -> Updates

But in some circumstances, Update All will be helpful (e.g. when Xbox was not under power at all)
Thema:

1. Members of Microsoft, is it possible to move "Get Automatic Updates" to Energy-Efficient Mode? - Similar Threads - Members Microsoft possible

2. i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount: i cant change my birth date and i dont have a family member who has microsoft acount 5710f685-abd3-4d9b-8f55-44071ada4637
  3. Completely new microsoft account is the only family member as a child

in XBoX Accessibility
    Completely new microsoft account is the only family member as a child: I just created a new Microsoft account and it is already in a family and as a child. I'm over 18 and my birth date in the account is correct. It says that only an "adult" account in the family can...
  4. removing yourself from a microsoft family as an only member

in XBoX Accessibility
    removing yourself from a microsoft family as an only member: hey, im trying to play minecraft multiplayer edition, i was told to remove myself from the microsoft family account and ive tried that, well when i go to the "your family" it doesnt show 3 dots or...
  5. Is there a way to transfer points to a family member in Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to transfer points to a family member in Microsoft Rewards: I have been trying to give points to my brother, but haven't seen a feature to do this. Please tell me how to transfer points if there is a way. 3857ae12-0c5b-480c-9905-041ed3beec35
  6. Family Member Won't Show up in Microsoft Family Group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Member Won't Show up in Microsoft Family Group: I have just recently migrated my Minecraft account to Microsoft. I found that I was unable to play Multiplayer due to it being disabled because of my settings. The family group that I am in does...
  7. how do i get in contact with an actual microsoft/xbox support staff member

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get in contact with an actual microsoft/xbox support staff member: I need to speak to someone who can actually assist me, i have tried calling to no avail, do not reply if you are a volunteer moderator I want assistance from a Microsoft staff member thank you....
  8. RE: Xbox Microsoft account and set up by family member now dead

in XBoX on Consoles
    RE: Xbox Microsoft account and set up by family member now dead: Dear sirs my cousin set my xbox account up with his email he has no since passed away and we have no way of receiving the emails to rest the xbox to my account since we have zero way of getting...
  9. Microsoft Rewards New member Punch Card, Search and earn won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Rewards New member Punch Card, Search and earn won't work: I cannot get this punch card to become redeemable to earn 1000 points. I have scanned the QR code on my mobile device, went to bing signed in to do 50 searches, I even did the searches on the xbox...
  10. the gifting microsoft points to a family member is not showing up

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    the gifting microsoft points to a family member is not showing up: earning the microsoft points with searches and quizs and i want gift them to a family member in my group but nothing is showing up on letting me do it.Any ideas d42589aa-4467-4599-80a2-26313ca2d161