Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

Discus and support Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Scenario: DLNA service running on the LAN (by Router tp-link wdr3600 sharing media content from external hd). Xbox one Media Player is able to see... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nicvac, Feb 7, 2015.

1. nicvac
    nicvac Guest

Scenario:

DLNA service running on the LAN (by Router tp-link wdr3600 sharing media content from external hd).

Xbox one Media Player is able to see the DLNA service. Also it allows to browse through folders and see media files.

Problem:

After selecting a video to play, Xbox one Media Player plays it more or less for a minute. Then it says (the following message is translated: I get the messages in italian):

Cannot play. Try again later. If the problem persists, go to
    www.xbox.com/support
    ... to find suggestion. 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

This happens for any video on DLNA.

Further notes:

The same videos can be played with Xbox one Media Player by connecting the external hd directly to the console through Usb.

The video previews (sampled video image showed as tile) are not displayed when accessing to the DLNA service. They are displayed when accessing through USB.

The same videos can be played over DLNA on other device on the LAN (i.e. with VLC running either on PC Windows XP and MacBook).

:)

nicvac, Feb 7, 2015
  2. IDuffster
    IDuffster Guest
    Unable to play downloaded videos

I recently downloaded a video onto my HP laptop and when I try and play I get the following error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff).

Any ideas what the problem might be.

IDuffster, Feb 7, 2015
  3. Xbox One S - Media Player error playing DLNA Stream - error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

Having a probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local network has no problem (Windows 7 Desktop, Windows 10 Desktop,
    Windows 10 Tablet (all on Anniversary Update)). Even PS3/PS4 and Mobile Phone can connect to the DLNA Stream - only the new Xbox One S fails to do so. Error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff). Help appreciated!

realbonefather, Feb 7, 2015
  4. Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff)

Having the same probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local network has no problem (Windows 7 Desktop, Windows
    10 Desktop, Windows 10 Tablet (all on Anniversary Update)). Even PS3/PS4 and Mobile Phone can connect to the DLNA Stream - only the new Xbox One S fails to do so. Same Error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff). Help appreciated!

realbonefather, Sep 27, 2016
  5. nicvac
    nicvac Guest
    Hi, I solved this problem installing OpenWrt (openwrt.org) and minidlna in my Router tp-link wdr3600.

nicvac, Sep 27, 2016
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Thanks for helping out nicvac!

realbonefather, please make sure not to bump older threads, this particular thread is from last year and likely resolved. So that we can best help out please create a new thread, thanks a ton!

Mister Maka, Sep 27, 2016
  7. Sorry for activating this old thread. Somehow every forum has it's own rules (dont open new thread if topic already exists, always open new thread although topics the same, ....) ;-)

Anyways...just my quick response before creating a new thread.

@nicvac: Thx for your solution. But throwing away my router guarantee for messing with the firmware can not be the solution. Even if it might work. And again...all of my devices can receive streams in my network except Xbox One S. So maybe its a task for
    MS ...

@Mister Maker: Thanks for the quick response. Will create a new thread. As i have seen so far, there are quite some bugs related to the new Media Player. So the problem maybe was solved once but popped up again...

realbonefather, Sep 29, 2016
  8. nicvac
    nicvac Guest

@realbonefather: of course this is a task for MS. But don't rely on them. Our problem has been reported by me since February 2015 and as you can see the bug is still there. Instead of resolving real problems they are more interested in not bumping older
    threads.

If you don't want to risk changing your firmware, I suggest you to wait for VLC release for Xbox one (www.windowscentral.com/check-out-windows-10-vlc-app-running-xbox-one-due-later-summer).
    It should be released in the xbox store soon.

nicvac, Sep 29, 2016
  9. nicvac, thanks for the hint about VLC. Would be great if they bring this media player to the XBox One. At last thats what all the UWP stuff promised us, right? Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff) :)

realbonefather, Nov 1, 2018
  10. realbonefather Win User

Having the same probleme with Xbox One S (500 GB) and Media Player when I am trying to watch a TV-Stream provided by DVBLink Streaming Service (DVBLogic) in my local network. Any other device in my local network has no problem (Windows 7 Desktop, Windows
    10 Desktop, Windows 10 Tablet (all on Anniversary Update)). Even PS3/PS4 and Mobile Phone can connect to the DLNA Stream - only the new Xbox One S fails to do so. Same Error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff). Help appreciated!
  11. nicvac Win User

@realbonefather: of course this is a task for MS. But don't rely on them. Our problem has been reported by me since February 2015 and as you can see the bug is still there. Instead of resolving real problems they are more interested in not bumping older
    threads.

If you don't want to risk changing your firmware, I suggest you to wait for VLC release for Xbox one (www.windowscentral.com/check-out-windows-10-vlc-app-running-xbox-one-due-later-summer).
    It should be released in the xbox store soon.
  12. realbonefather Win User

nicvac, thanks for the hint about VLC. Would be great if they bring this media player to the XBox One. At last thats what all the UWP stuff promised us, right? :)
  13. nicvac Win User

Hi, I solved this problem installing OpenWrt (openwrt.org) and minidlna in my Router tp-link wdr3600.
  14. realbonefather Win User

Sorry for activating this old thread. Somehow every forum has it's own rules (dont open new thread if topic already exists, always open new thread although topics the same, ....) ;-)

Anyways...just my quick response before creating a new thread.

@nicvac: Thx for your solution. But throwing away my router guarantee for messing with the firmware can not be the solution. Even if it might work. And again...all of my devices can receive streams in my network except Xbox One S. So maybe its a task for
    MS ...

@Mister Maker: Thanks for the quick response. Will create a new thread. As i have seen so far, there are quite some bugs related to the new Media Player. So the problem maybe was solved once but popped up again...
Thema:

1. Media Player - Video stops playing over DLNA - Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8000ffff) - Similar Threads - Media Player Video

2. Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS: Buffalo (Routers): Media Player app won't show video files on NAS Hi, 1st time on the forum so apologies if the below enquiry has been covered already but I can’t find a conclusive answer...
  3. Media Player dropping off when streaming video from NAS drive since November 16th update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player dropping off when streaming video from NAS drive since November 16th update: Hi guys The post title pretty much sums it up but since Thursday (when I can see an update also became available) I've noticed issues with the Media Player app. The problem is that during...
  4. Video On Media Player Keeps Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video On Media Player Keeps Crashing: Recently When I've Been Watching Videos On My Media Player App Through My External Hard Drive It Keeps Crashing And Showing An Error Saying Can't Play With The Code 0xc00d11cd. If Anyone Could...
  5. Green screen when playing a 4k video in the media player app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Green screen when playing a 4k video in the media player app.: When I try to play 4K mov video from my Drone (DJI) I get a green screen in the Media player app. (there is preview tile.) the television is a Samsung and the Xbox one S is in 4K UHD mode....
  6. Media Player App not Recognizing Video Content; Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player App not Recognizing Video Content; Xbox One: The Media Player App is not recognizing video content from my external hard drive. The console displays the following message "No files found. We couldn't finad any photos, videos, or music in...
  7. Media Player showing mp4 files in Music and Video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player showing mp4 files in Music and Video: I have my Xbox One connected to a WDMyCloud storage device. I have a mp4 collection in the Shared Videos folder on the device. When I launch the Media Player app, it sees the device but it...
  8. Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any constructive...
  9. Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any...
  10. Media Player changes video occasionally when xbox button is pushed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player changes video occasionally when xbox button is pushed.: Occasionally while I am watching a video on media player I will pause the video and stop to check my friends list. Ever since the update there have been multiple occasions where I have pressed the...