Media player on XBox One S does not find Data on external Hard Disk

Discus and support Media player on XBox One S does not find Data on external Hard Disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have connected a hard disk with data to my new XBoxOne S with Music, movies, photos on it. The hard drive is detected as "Device D:" However, if i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by steev derwischi, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Media player on XBox One S does not find Data on external Hard Disk

:)

steev derwischi, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Goran Z
    Goran Z Guest
    USB Hard Disk

I am wondering how to access content on an external USB hard disk. Is it possible to play videos from USB Hard Disks on the Xbox One?

Goran Z, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Ddaus
    Ddaus Guest
    Crash to dashboard

I purchased an xbox one s three days ago brand new. I installed skyrim and had no issues playing it. The disk is not damaged and is also new. The game will start for a few seconds on the title screen then return to the dashboard. Ive tried a hard reset,
    uninstall and re install, downloaded blu ray player, removed saved data and profile aswell. All i can find help wise on the internet is a hard reset which does nothing.

Ddaus, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey steev derwischi! This is an issue we are currently looking in to but just in case this is unrelated try out

these steps
    and see if they help. Thanks!

Mister Cizl, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey steev derwischi! This is an issue we are currently looking in to but just in case this is unrelated try out

these steps
    and see if they help. Thanks!
  6. Exiled Mystique Win User

Xbox one x external Hard drive for media issue

So just tried another disk same result it finds it as a media disk if you open it in vlc player and media player it finds the videos folder but nothing else its in the right format same as the one that is working but no luck
  7. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Xbox one s can I add an external cd drive

The all digital xbox one s does not support external disk drives currently
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

USB drive, external drive didn't work with Xbox one.

You can already use USB Flash drives and hard drives on Xbox One to view videos, music and pictures. To view these files you first need to download the Media Player Preview App from the Xbox One Marketplace. Connect your device and load the app.

To use an external hard drive for Xbox One storage, the device itself must be at least 256GB and USB 3.0. Which means the external storage for Xbox One data must be a hard drive, USB Flash drives are not supported for Xbox One storage.
  9. Argontheos Win User

Media Player difficulty! Media Player doesn't recognise external hard drive, can anyone help?

If your external HDD is partitioned for use as X1 storage, I'm fairly certain Media Player won't recognise it as a media storage device, and so won't be checking it for audio/video/image files. It'll basically be an extension of X1 storage.

The Media Player isn't all that great. I don't think it's even complete software. It does have 'preview' in the title still. lol I can only get the X1/Media Player to detect my tablet, phone, and laptop by using Universal Media Server, a free piece of software
    that let's you organise what files can and can't be shared/streamed across devices.

If you Google you should find a free download. But that would mean you'd have to plug your external HDD into something other than your One, and have UMS set up to find it and make streaming content to the X1's Media Player a thing. =|
Thema:

1. Media player on XBox One S does not find Data on external Hard Disk - Similar Threads - Media player does

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  4. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  5. WD Black external drive only reading as media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD Black external drive only reading as media player: I have a brand new WD Black external drive. I bought it to move games I’m not currently playing. When I plug it in to the usb port on my Xbox series x, I get a message “media storage ready”. It...
  6. how to access wondows media player on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to access wondows media player on 360: hos do i connext to windows media player on a 360 4fea8aae-72b7-4ab9-a42d-ae863dbd6086
  7. Media player is harder to use now

in XboX Insiders
    Media player is harder to use now: Very disappointed with the changes. Less functionality and just a pain in the arse. Was so much better before submitted by /u/Realistic_Being_3411 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player: I put in my hp ssd p500 but my xbox reads it as a media player. I wanted to use the ssd as a gigabyte expansion. c016e10d-6337-4924-b2f7-cd883d0d04d1
  9. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  10. Why does Xbox Series S crash when listening to background music via Windows Media Player?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox Series S crash when listening to background music via Windows Media Player?: Today I started playing music on my xbox in the background via Windows media player app on xbox via DLNA connection. It worked fine for about 20 minutes, then it began opening up Windows media...