me and my partner have ARK from the PC Game pass, however cannot play together

Discus and support me and my partner have ARK from the PC Game pass, however cannot play together in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; as stated in the tittle, want to play together, cant just join each other as it comes up with join fail, cannot join each other using ip address. and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ayron burrow, Jun 6, 2023.

1. ayron burrow
    ayron burrow Guest

as stated in the tittle, want to play together, cant just join each other as it comes up with join fail, cannot join each other using ip address. and neither of our games when we load them as non dedicated, show up in the server list for join servers. both games are up to date and checked the files, both have been reinstalled.

she will run a non dedicated game and i can't load (Invite through friends, join through friends, or type in IP address) it simply comes up as join failed. we have tried using himachi, and allowed it though our firewalls, the game and himachi, none of it works, currently its became a pointless buy if we cannot play together

:)

ayron burrow, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi ayron burrow,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello ayron burrow,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you want to play together with your partner, ARK: Survival Evolved. As per description, you can't join each other using IP address and comes up with join fail error.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    2. Was this working before?
    3. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    4. Do you mind sending a screenshot of the exact error message, minimizing your personal information on it, please?
    5. Have you tried other games and see the same result?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

We have research some workarounds for this issue and see if this will work for you.

• Make sure that both of you have Game Pass downloaded to your PC's.
    • That you both have also Xbox Live and good internet connection.
    • That your NAT connection is not restricted.
      • You can check your Network Address Translation (NAT) type in Windows 11 using the Xbox Console Companion app:
        1. Open the Xbox Console Companion app.
        2. Select Settings, and then select the Network tab.
        3. Look for NAT Type. If the status says Teredo is unable to qualify, it means your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address.
    • NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. THELILASSASSIN Win User

Let's hear it - Who is your gaming partner?

My gaming partner is a person I met on ark 2 years ago. We play everything together like siege and apex
  5. Jerry Berry1 Win User

Ark crossplay Xbox X and PC "Join Fail"

I just wanted to add that this has been an ongoing issue for years. I used to play ark about 4 years back on a private server with a few buds, but the difference was that we all had Xbox consuls at the time (standard Xbox 1 then). Then sometime into our play-through, my consul gave me the "failed to join." so I switched to a new PC; since the game was cross-play at that time, it fixed the issue.

Moving ahead to last year, I was getting back into the game but had a PC-breaking bug with Ark. The game (for some reason I cannot figure out to this day) broke my PC WI-FI. To put it simply, I could not browse the internet (with Chrome and Microsoft edge,) with ark installed. However, ark and games were still connected to their respective servers to allow me to play games, but my network broke (yes, I was also using an antivirus at the time, so my laptop was clean of malware!!). Also, I should add that I have a VPN installed but don't have it on when gaming.

Moving ahead to 3 months ago to today, I still cannot play ark even though I have it installed through an Xbox game pass. My bud is on (again) Series X, and I'm on PC to this date, and the game still gives me the "failed to join" error.

So basically, TL: DR, I'm pretty sure it's Ark's issue and not Microsoft/Xbox that has been tormenting the game for years.
  6. Bostic Win User

Playing Ark: Survival Evolved on PC and Xbox at the same time using family sharing?

I am having a similar problem as the above. I was trying to do the same thing the above attempted but I added Game Pass to my son's account. ARK is available on Game Pass. I am still unable to play from the Xbox to the laptop. However, if I delete my account
    from the xbox, then I am able to play against him from the laptop since he has game pass. This bothers me that I need to delete my account to enable him to be able to use the game. I am also upset that I have to buy another console for him to be able to play
    on a console verses my computer.

Finally, I am thinking of purchasing ARK for him, am I going to face the same problem if he has ARK and I have ARK and we play Console to Computer?
Thema:

1. me and my partner have ARK from the PC Game pass, however cannot play together - Similar Threads - partner ARK Game

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Microsoft Partner Center is down

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Partner Center is down: Hello, I recently paid $20 to get my account registered as a Microsoft partner so I can use dev mode on my Xbox. However, the website where you enter the code on your Xbox to get it registered is...
  4. Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center: So Im Trying To Purchase An Xbox Developer License And I Keep Getting This Error Something went wrong. Please contact support. (ReferenceId: 41ea27aa-11d0-47c7-c989-08dc2e0d878a) I Dont Know...
  5. I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade...: I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade for her account her xbox series x is my home xbox so why is she not getting the vault edition items...
  6. Can't register developer account in Partner Center

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't register developer account in Partner Center: Hello, Currently I'm trying to register a developer account, but I keep running into a problem. After I fill in all of the information, and click save after inputting the billing information it...
  7. All I want to do is sell my old Xbox on Amazon yet it's saying I need to get partnered

in XBoX on Windows
    All I want to do is sell my old Xbox on Amazon yet it's saying I need to get partnered: Hi, I am trying to sell my old 360 console on Amazon but it keeps saying I need to be a partner with Microsoft to do this, I've looked about found a link to some ai cloud partner thing but it's...
  8. I'm trying to send my partner a 14 day trial of PC Game Pass, but it says I don't have a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to send my partner a 14 day trial of PC Game Pass, but it says I don't have a...: Hi, It says on my Xbox app I can send five 14 day trials for PC Game Pass to friends, so I thought I'd send one to my partner. I logged in and it states "Sorry, this offer is only available to...
  9. "Request failed with status code 400" in Partner Center when visiting "Xbox development...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Request failed with status code 400" in Partner Center when visiting "Xbox development...: So I have finally built my first D3D UWP application and wanted to test it on my Xbox. For that, I instructions on Xbox Developer Mode activation - UWP applications | Microsoft Learn, downloaded...
  10. Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...: Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly fine on high graphics. And we have our own...