Me and my friend are game sharing and I get all of his games but I don't get Xbox live?

Discus and support Me and my friend are game sharing and I get all of his games but I don't get Xbox live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Me and my friend has game shared in the past but I got a new Xbox and I still get all of his games and game pass but I don't get Xbox live how do I fix... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kyle Vernon, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Kyle Vernon
    Kyle Vernon Guest

Me and my friend are game sharing and I get all of his games but I don't get Xbox live?

Me and my friend has game shared in the past but I got a new Xbox and I still get all of his games and game pass but I don't get Xbox live how do I fix this?

:)

Kyle Vernon, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Kyle!

Please confirm from your friend if he has an active subscription for Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate. He can check it through https://account.microsoft.com/services by signing in his account.

Also, did you already switch his home Xbox to your new console?
  3. Rostom L Win User

Got it. Try to simply restart your console. Press & hold the Xbox power button and choose Restart console.

If that doesn’t work, let’s try to re-add your account.

Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.
  4. Kyle Vernon Win User

Yes he just checked and he has gold and I have set his home Xbox to my console.
  5. NEVER_FEAR Win User

Positive aspects of gaming

Gaming is a great way for me to keep in contact with my friends and family all around the world. It is easy to share and spend time with people who don't live nearby and can't get together often in person.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Game sharing

So my friend is game sharing with me and Im able to play all his owned games but its not allowing me access to play online and its saying i dont have gold but he does and is game sharing with me. What do I do?
    Does your friend live with you? If not then i would actually stop because the "home xbox" feature was never meant for sharing games/gold with friends. It was meant for sharing games/gold across another Xbox console that you own so that you didnt have to
    buy a game twice across two systems you own.

Using it in the way you are can actually get you both banned as its against the terms of service.
Thema:

1. Me and my friend are game sharing and I get all of his games but I don't get Xbox live? - Similar Threads - friend are game

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  4. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  5. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  6. Friends in Games removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends in Games removed?: Looks like there was a system update and now when i go to People and then Friends, the option to show Friends in Games is gone. Why would this be removed? Now i see Happening Now was added right...
  7. What happened to Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    What happened to Friends In Game?: Don’t tell me they replaced it with Happening Now I want to play games my friends are playing, not join a party submitted by /u/NaturalPreference445 [link] [comments]
  8. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  9. Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?: 2 months ago I lost all comms in the lobby and in game I could not communicate with anyone who wasn't my friends. After this week's patch I cannot communicate with ANYONE in anyway whatsoever....
  10. New friends list ,joinable games on the side

in XboX Insiders
    New friends list ,joinable games on the side: I don't know who came up with that Joinable games on the side when I go to the friends list but I like it ,it was getting in the way before but now it's out of the way but still very easy to...