matchmaking server connection problem

Discus and support matchmaking server connection problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem where all diagnostics seem to work, the xbox network settings test reports open NAT and correct network bandwidth and ping.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheAnimeDruid, Jan 3, 2016.

1. matchmaking server connection problem

Hello,

I have a problem where all diagnostics seem to work, the xbox network settings test reports open NAT and correct network bandwidth and ping. When i start a multiplayer game, however i am having problems. I get to a lobby of players and join a game, but as
    soon as it appears to swap the connection over for the actual game loading i get disconnected.

Additionally, when attempting to perform a co-op mode of the same game with one other person the game begins to act very strangely after a few minutes. Similar to a lag spike, but long and drawn out. As if the game still thinks it has a good connection,
    but the data just isn't there. This results in an crash of the game requiring the program to be quit and restarted from the dashboard for both players.

To try and diagnose if the problem was on my end i have taken the rest of my network out of line and attached the xbox directly into my modem. It still gives the same results.

What Country/State/Province do you live in: United States / New York / Albany

Modem brand & model number: **** CM820A

Router brand & model number: TPLink N600 ( dd-wrt)

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?: 1

Wired or Wireless (for each console): wired

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes, port forwarding and static IP also configured. I am the only user of this network and have performed all tests with it as the only connected device.

Do you have a NAT error? No

Any Error Codes you encounter:

"connection lost you have been disconnected from the local network"

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider): Time Warner cable

I have tested the connection when directly connected to my modem ( with automatic IP settings) and through my router with static IP settings and both perform the same.

But i don't know any further diagnostic routes to take to provide proof of any problems, or narrow down the issue. Any help would be appreciated. The game is Halo 5 Since this will likely be asked, but i am hoping to be able to isolate the problem with proof
    or repeatability to help in fixing this problem.

:)

TheAnimeDruid, Jan 3, 2016
  2. Battlefield 1 Loading times

I would look into that because like I added those 2 minutes it takes for me includes matchmaking and load times. If it takes longer for then it might be some issue like the one I had with BF3.

I described that issue a bit wrongly I see now because it wasn't the matchmaking that was slowed down. It was connecting to a server that was the problem because of my anti-virus software.

SilverEye1991, Jan 3, 2016
  3. anubis4567
    anubis4567 Guest
    Halo MCC Dedicated Servers?

Matchmaking is a process that puts you into a lobby with other players. This lobby can either be hosted on dedicated servers (MCC), or on a "host" connection (CoD).

anubis4567, Jan 3, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

It appears that you have both UPnP enabled as well as port forwarding setup. You don't need both and having both could cause some conflict. You should try using UPnP only and see how that works for you. Post back the results. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Unfortunately the problem persists when i bypass my router, so i do not believe any of the router settings to be the cause.

I would suspect the modem itself but its performing correctly on all ping, trace-route, and other diagnostic tests i perform using a computer.

The game is halo 5.

TheAnimeDruid, Oct 31, 2018
  6. TheAnimeDruid Win User

Unfortunately the problem persists when i bypass my router, so i do not believe any of the router settings to be the cause.

I would suspect the modem itself but its performing correctly on all ping, trace-route, and other diagnostic tests i perform using a computer.

The game is halo 5.
  7. {Parity} Win User

It appears that you have both UPnP enabled as well as port forwarding setup. You don't need both and having both could cause some conflict. You should try using UPnP only and see how that works for you. Post back the results. Good Luck!
  8. Willster009 Win User

How's the 360 version?

I can't get mine to play… servers don't load. push play and it just stays on the connecting to matchmaking screen. Anyone else having this problem? i ran a connection test and it says I'm connected to xbox live no problems.
  9. IceStorm III Win User

MS biased towards west coast

[quote user="CornBeeflt"]all data meets up at one point,[/quote]Different services (stat tracking, matchmaking, games, chat audio) access different servers. The act of playing a game is centered around the game server, be it a dedicated server or a client/server
    setup akin to the 360's. If there's a problem with matchmaking pairing people up on disparate coasts, that's a matchmaking issue not a "Microsoft is Pacific Coast Centric!" problem.
    The number is 18004myxbox.
    A call center employee is not going
    to know the intricacies of how Live functions.
  10. DominumStige Win User

Gears of war 4 multiplayer non funziona[Gears of war 4 multiplayer does not work]

Altri giochi online funzionano in matchmaking? Altrimenti sembrerebbe solo un problema temporaneo con i server di GoW4.

-------------

Other online games work in matchmaking? Otherwise it would seem only a temporary problem with GoW4 servers.
Thema:

1. matchmaking server connection problem - Similar Threads - matchmaking server connection

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason for me not to be able to join an unfeatured server in Minecraft bedrock...: I do not know why but i have watch videos and videos and they are just not helping its not letting me join an un featured server. Is this a missing feature in the new update or a bug? Ps I'm on...
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. So I started up fortnite and I went to play but when I ready up it says matchmaking error #1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I started up fortnite and I went to play but when I ready up it says matchmaking error #1: I really wanna know why it continues to keep saying it I'm confused and I don't know what to do bf48359c-8296-42a8-86a1-bdefddbe3b1f
  6. Being tossed into mod lobbies via infinity wards' old matchmaking system

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being tossed into mod lobbies via infinity wards' old matchmaking system: So last night i installed my xbox 360 copy of MW3 onto my series X to play multiplayer on since the newest cod games are hot garbage, and on more than a few occasions today i was thrown into...
  7. Halo master chief collection matchmaking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo master chief collection matchmaking: I play on Xbox and cannot find any matches on halo mcc, I have been sitting in a queue for 20 minutes and don’t know what to do 909e1d23-1a40-4620-b86a-52d7c7cff48e
  8. Call of duty MW3 matchmaking problems!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty MW3 matchmaking problems!: Keeps booting me out saying communication with the Xbox live servers interrupted. Pls fix! Was fine up until a couple days ago 0202770a-cea6-43a7-8b68-9aa49bf1af4d
  9. Anti Cheat Randomly Booting During Matchmaking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anti Cheat Randomly Booting During Matchmaking: I’m just randomly getting kicked out of games by anti cheat. I’m not sure what’s causing it or how to stop it. I’m not cheating, have no mods, no modded controller....
  10. My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    My network is good and nat type is open but i still have matchmaking issues in fortnite: While Launching a game of fortnite of any creative map or any mode It gives me network errors I tested everything and its all good I need help a4bbe4d8-e7d1-4269-8327-7960837af66a