March 17th, 2023 - No longer able to download/install/use previously downloaded games from...

Discus and support March 17th, 2023 - No longer able to download/install/use previously downloaded games from... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am completely unable to download or install any games through the Xbox PC application. The download button on the game's page in the app shows a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyler_697, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Tyler_697
    Tyler_697 Guest

March 17th, 2023 - No longer able to download/install/use previously downloaded games from...

I am completely unable to download or install any games through the Xbox PC application. The download button on the game's page in the app shows a frowning face instead of the actual button. Additionally, games that are already downloaded to my computer are unable to launch. I receive the following error message: Something went wrong launching your game. Error code: (0x80004005).

This issue started abruptly. I was able to play my previously installed games last night (3/16). Without any (user-initiated) change, update, PC power off, etc, I tried to boot a game on 3/17, I was no longer able to do so. It is unclear whether or not I would have been able to download/install a game from the Xbox app on 3/16, as I did not attempt to do so at that time. I only discovered I couldn't download/install games after attempting to do an uninstall and reinstall for the game that was having issues launching.

Troubleshooting steps tried so far:

1. Restart PC

2. Sign out of the Xbox App and sign back in

3. Uninstall and reinstall a game. Note, I tried uninstalling a game, hoping to reinstall it and give it another try. This is when I realized that I am unable to install any games.

4. Windows settings -> Update and Security ->Troubleshoot -> Additional troubleshooters -> Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. allowed the troubleshooter to make all changes it identified as needing

5. Apps -> Apps and Features -> Xbox App -> Advanced Settings -> tried Repair option and Reset option. Restarted PC before trying again

5. Apps -> Apps and Features -> Gaming Services -> Advanced Settings -> tried Repair option and Reset option. Restarted PC before trying again

6. Uninstall/Reinstall Xbox App

Windows Version: Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 (Successfully installed on ‎11/‎30/‎2022); Quality Update 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based Systems (KB5023696) (Successfully installed on ‎3/‎15/‎2023)

Screenshots of issue - tried inserting some images in this post, but its having trouble doing so, will try to stick some in as a reply

:)

Tyler_697, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Tyler_697 Win User

March 17th, 2023 - No longer able to download/install/use previously downloaded games from the Xbox PC app

Promised screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Dirty Loco Win User

Double Dragon and TMNT on XBLA, where are they??

Those games were removed from the XBLA Marketplace as they no longer had a publisher, so you won't find them there.

If you had purchased them previously, you will be able to find them in your
    Purchase History
    , and you can re-download them from there.
  4. johnnydigsgirls Win User

Backwards Compatible Games update issues since latest system update

... and now although i have all 4 DLC's installed for Fallout 3 and had no issues previously when i try to load the game using 'Continue' i get the error message:-

'This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue Loading' ?

But if i click on downloads they are installed fine.

Erm... great !
  5. [Farscape] Win User

cant find my game after re-installing windows 10

should be under your download list or just search the store, if you re install windows then any games previously downloaded will need to be downloaded again as windows will not use a previous installations apps due to folder encryption.
  6. PrimoFuSion Win User

Games for Gold December

My Gold runs out the 17th of January, so I should be able to download 4 more games hopefully!
Thema:

1. March 17th, 2023 - No longer able to download/install/use previously downloaded games from... - Similar Threads - March 17th 2023

2. Community Update March April 2024 - Seeking Updates of the Morning

in XboX Insiders
    Community Update March April 2024 - Seeking Updates of the Morning: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  3. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of March 29th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 29th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  5. Xbox Requests: Week of March 22nd, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 22nd, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of March 15th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 15th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  7. Xbox Requests: Week of March 8th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 8th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  8. Xbox Requests: Week of March 17th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 17th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  9. Ebony Flintlock Pistol From March 17th Mixer Stream?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Ebony Flintlock Pistol From March 17th Mixer Stream?: I watch the entire Sea of thieves first stream on mixer, Saturday March 17th on my Xbox. After which I found out I would get the pistol skin. I i never looked into it after that, i just waited. I...
  10. 17th March Microsoft Solitire Cannot login to exbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    17th March Microsoft Solitire Cannot login to exbox: Good Afternoon Team, I play three sets of games Solitaire, Mah-jong , and Sudoku Sudoku, logs into Xbox and works fine, the other two games don't it leaves me in guest. I...