Marantz: How can I become a tester for Dolby Atmos

Discus and support Marantz: How can I become a tester for Dolby Atmos in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Marantz (Audio/Video Receivers): How can I become a tester for Dolby Atmos What exactly do you mean? ATMOS is now released for Xbox One... "Blu-ray... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by detroitjon7826, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Marantz: How can I become a tester for Dolby Atmos

Marantz (Audio/Video Receivers): How can I become a tester for Dolby Atmos
    What exactly do you mean? ATMOS is now released for Xbox One...

"Blu-ray Bitstream pass-through is now live on Xbox One consoles. Reboot & select ‘Let my receiver decode audio’ in Blu-ray settings page" -Xbox April 5, 2017

Testing and development for system and platform advancements are not open to public. The only option the public has to test and review new features is the Xbox Insider Program.

Xbox Insider Program FAQ

Cheers,

Nigel

:)

detroitjon7826, Apr 6, 2017
  2. KTM192AK
    KTM192AK Guest
    Xbox One X, Dolby Atmos Not Working, Makes Distorted Crackling Sound

Update:

I have now tried a 4K Blu-ray disk and can confirm that Dolby Atmos works with it. I used the AVR Key so HDR would go to my LG OLED TV and the Dolby Atmos Sound would go to my non-HDCP2.2 Marantz SR7009 Receiver. I now believe the problem is with the Dolby
    Access App and not with the Xbox One X's operating system itself since the 4K Blu-ray would send its own Dolby Atmos track to the receiver bypassing the Dolby Access App. Where with Games and the Demo's in the Dolby Access App are using that App to process
    the Dolby Atmos signal. Thus I believe it is a problem with the Dolby Access App, but i don't know how that ties into the operating system or how the Blu-ray player app integrates with the Xbox's operating system or bypasses it because of that pass-through
    setting that lets the receiver process the Atmos Signal. Either way I have concluded there is nothing more I can do, it's definitely an issue with either the operating system or Dolby Access App having compatibility issues.

KTM192AK, Apr 6, 2017
  3. KTM192AK
    KTM192AK Guest

I have Dolby Atmos problems with Xbox One X, I have an LG OLED 65E6P and a Marantz SR7009 receiver. My receiver clearly is getting an Atmos Signal but it’s got a distorted crackling sound. Kind of like when you’re having video connection issues with the
    screen flickering, except it’s happening with the sound with Dolby Atmos, just a rapid distorted flickering of the sound. I had this happen in the past when I first tried using Atmos with a PC a couple years ago to play Star Wars Battlefront the first Dolby
    Atmos compatible game and it was a cable issue, I was using to long of an HDMI cable, switched to a shorter one and it worked.

However this time I have tried 4 different cables and nothing works, I tried it months ago on an original Xbox One could not get it to work, and now the same thing is happening with my brand new Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition. I was hoping the problem
    would go away with the new Xbox One X, not happy that it doesn’t. It has the problem with both the Dolby Atmos app demos and when I booted up Gears of War 4, does the same thing, didn’t try a 4k Blu-ray but I assume it would have the same problem since everything
    else that outputs an Atmos signal seems to.

I have also tried using an HD Fury AVR Key which extracts the HDMI Audio so you can send the audio to an older non-HDCP2.2 receiver and HDCP2.2 video to the TV, since the Marantz SR7009 doesn’t support HDCP2.2 and I don’t feel like spending a couple grand
    getting the newest version that does when I can get this little AVR Key for $150. It also doesn’t work; it does recognize the Atmos signal though, but still the same distorted crackling sound. The HDCP2.2 video to the TV works fine though, so it’s not a handshake
    issue like you get using non-HDCP2.2 hardware.

I have basically run out of things to try and must assume that it’s a firmware issue with the Xbox One or software issue on the Dolby Access side of things that make it incompatible with first generating Dolby Atmos receiver’s like the Marantz SR7009. It’s
    just weird because there are no error messages like I see a lot of other people having online saying there receiver is not Dolby Atmos capable when they are, it just seems to think everything is working, when it clearly isn’t.

KTM192AK, Apr 6, 2017
  4. laxnigel
    laxnigel Guest

"Blu-ray Bitstream pass-through is now live on Xbox One consoles. Reboot & select ‘Let my receiver decode audio’ in Blu-ray settings page" -Xbox April 5, 2017

Testing and development for system and platform advancements are not open to public. The only option the public has to test and review new features is the Xbox Insider Program.

Xbox Insider Program FAQ

Cheers,

Nigel

laxnigel, Apr 12, 2017
  5. laxnigel Win User

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-program

Cheers,

Nigel
  6. Weedtech420 Win User

Dolby Atmos wont code with my Marantz.

Marantz sr6014. Xbox one x Hdmi. Bitstream. Dolby atmos. Im beyond my wits end with this Help!
  7. KTM192AK Win User

Update:

I have now tried a 4K Blu-ray disk and can confirm that Dolby Atmos works with it. I used the AVR Key so HDR would go to my LG OLED TV and the Dolby Atmos Sound would go to my non-HDCP2.2 Marantz SR7009 Receiver. I now believe the problem is with the Dolby
    Access App and not with the Xbox One X's operating system itself since the 4K Blu-ray would send its own Dolby Atmos track to the receiver bypassing the Dolby Access App. Where with Games and the Demo's in the Dolby Access App are using that App to process
    the Dolby Atmos signal. Thus I believe it is a problem with the Dolby Access App, but i don't know how that ties into the operating system or how the Blu-ray player app integrates with the Xbox's operating system or bypasses it because of that pass-through
    setting that lets the receiver process the Atmos Signal. Either way I have concluded there is nothing more I can do, it's definitely an issue with either the operating system or Dolby Access App having compatibility issues.
  8. XM SirBruce ES Win User

Crackdown 3: Xbox One X reverts to Stereo with Dolby Atmos setup

Hi,

yes, console restart, a different Xbox One X and instead of Marantz, an Onkyo of the latest AV system.

It does not activate Dolby Atmos in any way, but other games do it flawlessly.

It sounds like a bug, yes, but for everybody. Not only for a determinated setup.

Anyone has tested Dolby Atmos setup with Crackdown 3? What setup?

Thanks
  9. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
Thema:

1. Marantz: How can I become a tester for Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - Marantz become tester

2. Graphics become bad when I get in a game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Graphics become bad when I get in a game.: My game looks fine but as soon as I get into a game of Rainbow Six Siege the graphics become very bad and the same as Xbox one graphics. I own a ps5 and there is a huge difference. Please help?...
  3. How Can I become an alpha ring user

in XboX Insiders
    How Can I become an alpha ring user: Hey, I've been using the insider program for more than 1 year. I'm a beta user and I would like to become an alpha one. I'm level 8. Will I become alpha one day ? submitted by /u/Lukas_Smash...
  4. So my xbox profile meets all of the requirements to become an xbox ambassador but even...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my xbox profile meets all of the requirements to become an xbox ambassador but even...: So my xbox profile meets all of the requirements to become an xbox ambassador but even though i have enough gamer score the website still says I dont. Can anyone help. I tried refreshing the page...
  5. Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming: I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that kept getting louder. I checked the vents/fan...
  6. allm not working correctly with Marantz nr1711 (hdmi 2.1 receiver). Delta ring

in XboX Insiders
    allm not working correctly with Marantz nr1711 (hdmi 2.1 receiver). Delta ring: Picked up an marantz nr1711 to replace an marantz nr1607. This is hooked up to LG C9 and xbox one x. ALLM mode is not working correctly now with nr1711. LG instance game response will now come on...
  7. Dolby Atmos wont code with my Marantz.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos wont code with my Marantz.: Why wont my marantz code dolby atmos? My apple tv works fine but my xbox x wont code it. Says multi channel in and pcm. fd5d033b-5b89-41b3-83dc-0ebf468e3ec0
  8. Marantz SR7005: Simulated Atmos from XBOX One S?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Marantz SR7005: Simulated Atmos from XBOX One S?: Marantz (Audio/Video Receivers) SR7005: Simulated Atmos from XBOX One S? THANK YOU Arminator for the answer that I was looking for! a020be45-ab7d-40c3-ac8d-30b910a35d6f
  9. Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??: Running the optical out from X Box One into the optical in on my Marantz SR7300SE. The SR7300SE is NOT a HDMI receiver BUT is a complete surround sound receiver.The X Box One video is run by HDMI...
  10. Marantz SR7000: One sends double power toggle during power off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Marantz SR7000: One sends double power toggle during power off: I have a Marantz SR7000 and have the One configured to control power for my TV, cable box, and receiver. Every time I turn off the One it will send two power toggle signals to the receiver. So...