Many People that play Minecraft Java edition are getting their accounts hacked.

Discus and support Many People that play Minecraft Java edition are getting their accounts hacked. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is Microsoft going to do anything about this? It's a serious issue that's only going to get worse. People's Minecraft accounts keep getting hacked... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Unknownoof2, May 20, 2023.

1. Unknownoof2
    Unknownoof2 Guest

Is Microsoft going to do anything about this?

It's a serious issue that's only going to get worse. People's Minecraft accounts keep getting hacked with no way to recover them.

Incase you want to know how the phishing scam works this is how it works;

------------------------------------------

A scammer texts you in a mc server

A) to Duel you and if you win give you something

B) that you've one a giveaway

(Either one of these have the same outcome)

Next the scammer will DM you and send you a phishing website which will ask for your email and a code. This seems harmless but this code is in your email and it's a password reset code.

Once the scammer has access to your account they will change the email and password.

------------------------------------------

Many people are being affected by this scam and are losing their Microsoft Account

(Yes I've tried contacting Microsoft but they always say something along the lines of "Due to the TOS the only thing we can do is permanently suspend your account")

My solution:

Microsoft should be able to verify that it's our account by asking what game we need to access and our purchase ID.

Once they do this they should be able to revert the changes made by the scammer.

:)

Unknownoof2, May 20, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

the key to this is Education, those falling for the scams need to learn, nothing comes for free. sharing details with anyone will result in bad things.

there is only so much a company can do to protect the users, sharing details is a bannable offense full stop regardless if scam or not.

so even if you got the account back with the ways your are saying, it will still get banned for the user breaking the terms by sharing the account details.
  3. Carlos TorresID Win User

java account hacked then migrated

I just want to get this straight for other people who reply to this thread.

So, you had a Mojang login to Minecraft JAVA edition. You haven't migrated yet, but someone hacked your Mojang account and then migrated it to a Microsoft account. Seems like you have to kinda explain the situation back to Minecraft support again, or unfortunately buy another copy of the game.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft java edition problem

So the issue is not to create the account now, is that you wanna get the Minecraft Java edition on your account

Only the account that made the purchase of the bedrock edition can get the java edition for free
  5. Odin Spjut Win User

Minecraft Java Redeeming

I have this exact issue. I own the Minecraft Bedrock edition (for windows 10), and can install and play it through the minecraft launcher. I get the message in the launcher that I'm eligible for the Java edition, and click to try to redeem it, which takes me here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/minecraft-java-bedrock-edition-for-pc/9nxp44l49shj I sign in to my Microsoft account on the web, and it still says "Buy" rather than "Get" and there's no option to change things.

I've tried uninstalling all minecraft stuff, resetting my windows store and xbox app accounts, and restarting the computer. I can reinstall minecraft just fine and still play the Bedrock Edition, but the Java edition remains unavailable.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Syncing Purchases to PC from Console

Hi ID, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

No, if you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4 and link your Microsoft account with your PS4 account, it will not sync the purchase with the accounts. Minecraft Bedrock purchases are tied to the platform on which they are made. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PC, you will only be able to play it on PC. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4, you will only be able to play it on PS4.

However, there is an exception to this rule. If you buy Minecraft Java Edition on PC, you will also be able to play Minecraft Bedrock on your mobile device. This is because Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock are compatible with the "Minecraft Live" feature.

If you just want to play the Minecraft you paid for on your PC, you don't need to buy Minecraft Bedrock for PS4. You can download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition from the Minecraft website.

Here are some steps to download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition:

Visit the Minecraft website.
    Click on the "Download Minecraft" button.
    Select "Minecraft: Java Edition".
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
    Once you have downloaded Minecraft: Java Edition, you will be able to play it on your PC.

I hope my answer was helpful and clarified your doubts. do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other problem. have a nice day.

Oskayra
Thema:

1. Many People that play Minecraft Java edition are getting their accounts hacked. - Similar Threads - Many play Minecraft

2. I got suspended for the second time how many days is that for?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got suspended for the second time how many days is that for?: Help me plz so I got suspended for the second time and I Wondering how many days is that 3791a1d9-b099-490e-b1eb-7e9e051d74ea
  3. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  4. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  5. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  6. How many pieces make up a Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How many pieces make up a Xbox?: I’m 60. I drive a truck. I sit sometimes, this week 54 hours. I bought a Xbox for $450 dollars. I set it up yesterday and shut it off. Today I have been trying to sign ito the damn thing for 4...
  7. How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?: How many game('s) and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time, because I want to know if I can run 1 game and two apps (Simple background music player / Dolby access) running in the...
  8. Can anybody help because I’ve restarted my Xbox so many times.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can anybody help because I’ve restarted my Xbox so many times.: Whenever I use the Xbox button a message appears saying ‘Try launching again shortly. ‘ then ‘If guide still won’t launch, reinstalling it should fix the problem.(0x80073d0f) It is stopping me...
  9. How many people game share one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many people game share one account: How many people can game share one account e3cb1c94-8e19-4637-bc38-246a15037f21
  10. I have the disc version of minecraft and ive played it many times before but when i try and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have the disc version of minecraft and ive played it many times before but when i try and...: Idk what to do it keeps saying i need to sign in with who bought it but its the disc version and i was playing the other day and now i can't i even tried taking the disc out and restarting my xbox...