Making looking for group posts for Xbox games on pc.

Discus and support Making looking for group posts for Xbox games on pc. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I recently got back into looking for group posts and wanted to make one myself. I only searched for the posts on Xbox, said I'm interested, then went... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Doonut, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Doonut
    Doonut Guest

I recently got back into looking for group posts and wanted to make one myself. I only searched for the posts on Xbox, said I'm interested, then went to my pc for the invite. When the Xbox companion app was a thing I could use that to search/make a group post, but now nothing allows me to look for or make a group post. Yes, the game bar has group posts but it only shows a couple of games. The game I'm looking for is Minecraft, but the Xbox version of the group posts because that's the only place where a lot of group posts for Minecraft are made. If there is another way to search for group posts using the Xbox app or being able to see Minecraft on game bar, please tell me. Thank you.

(When I tried to post this the first time this error appeared: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: commaSeparatedMetadataIds none" Not sure what it meant but refreshing the page fixed it.)

:)

Doonut, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Doonut,

Thanks for confirming that your issue is about the PC version of Looking for Group (LFG). In that case, Xbox Console Companion has been a great help for streaming, LFG and installation of games in the previous versions of the Windows. Now, that Windows 10 and Windows 11 is updated, the Xbox Console Companion will be moved over to Xbox app. Where Xbox app will help you manage your game library and subscription, while the built in app - Xbox Game Bar will help you with the recording, capturing, linking of account, and managing headset/microphone and LFG.

Xbox apps:

Xbox Game Bar - Microsoft Store Apps

Xbox App for Windows PC | Xbox

Regards,

3. Doonut Win User

Sorry for the late reply but the "error message" was irrelevant. I said that the first time I tried to post THIS post it gave me that error message, and refreshing fixed it. I can post LFG posts on my Xbox but I was looking for a way to make LFG posts for games on Xbox but on my computer.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Doonut,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you wanted to do an LFG (Looking for a group) post and is unable to because of the error message. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, this is happening on Xbox for PC. To ensure you stay up to date like the games are always updating. We recommend you perform update, repair and install apps if necessary. You will be using Xbox Game Bar for this new update instead of Xbox Console Companion app. Some features of Xbox Console Companion are now migrated to Xbox app. You will be updating Gaming Services to ensure you play matching the games updates.

Is it possible for you to access the privacy settings for your Xbox account? If so, pls click this link and make sure to allow these two boxes in the screenshot below. Link: https://account.xbox.com/settings

[​IMG]

There is a steps and guide on how to create a new post for Looking for Group. Please check it in here: Create a Looking for Group post | Xbox Support.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Restart your device

As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

Make sure Windows is up to date

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Update your Windows and device drivers

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account

When you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Remove and reinstall Gaming Services

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Support article: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  6. At the Nozzle Win User

Adding new friedns

Hey V3nomFata1ity,

You should try posting to the forums of the game or sub-reddits for said games, and say "Looking for friends" or "Looking for a group to play with"!

You could also utilize the "Looking for Group" feature on Xbox Live. https://www.bing.com/search?q=looking+for+group+xbox&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

You can also join clubs on Xbox and post there as well to meet new people!

Best,

Nozzle :)
Thema:

1. Making looking for group posts for Xbox games on pc. - Similar Threads - Making looking group

2. I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...: Ive tried everything i can think of even looking at other posts on here and i dont know. This has been going on for a couple months now so i dont think it has anything to do with moderation....
  3. Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?: So for the past 2-3 days, whenever I post a looking for group post in a party, as soon as I go back into the menu using the hone button, the party tab just says "party encountered an error" and I...
  4. “make sure you’re signed in to Xbox, then look for it in microsoft store.” then i go to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “make sure you’re signed in to Xbox, then look for it in microsoft store.” then i go to the...: i’m trying to open a game that’s installed and it’s saying “make sure you’re signed in to Xbox, then look for it in microsoft store.” then i go to the store and it says play then say the same...
  5. I can make a looking for group post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can make a looking for group post: every time i try to make a group post it says "There was a problem posting your looking for group" (I already did the privacy settings) db40b3d5-da9c-461e-a9dd-f69d363a6090
  6. Xbox DVR clips make my game look laggy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR clips make my game look laggy: Xbox DVR clips make my game look laggy all of the sudden. I only play on xbox so no pc stuff is necessary in your answer just looking for a solution on the xbox one that’ll bring my clips back...
  7. What do you think should Microsoft look for a game company to make Fable 4 ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do you think should Microsoft look for a game company to make Fable 4 ???: Hello everyone I am curious to see what your opinions are, me I am a avid Fable fan and i really really enjoy the games eve though some have had a review, some games people find bad turn out to be...
  8. Please make an button to look for new updates thats

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make an button to look for new updates thats: Please implement a button to look for new updates thats realy unconfterbal you want play some overwatch with frinds and i cant because the updates comes 1 to 2 hours later...
  9. Make xbox one home screen look like xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Make xbox one home screen look like xbox 360?: How do i make my xbox x home screen look like a xbox 360 home screen e89fa7e1-7ee0-4868-bba4-4e9541292531
  10. My gamertag was spoofed to make it look like I was hacking. Got banned please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag was spoofed to make it look like I was hacking. Got banned please help.: Hi xbox live enforcement team, I need help getting a gamertag back that has been permanently suspended for no reason. All i want is the gamertag back but if there any way you can help me get the...