"Make this my home console" button just spins

Discus and support "Make this my home console" button just spins in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to set my Xbox Series X as home console (with another account), but when pressing the button for it nothing happens; it just greys out and shows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chipgw, Nov 9, 2021.

1. chipgw
    chipgw Guest

Trying to set my Xbox Series X as home console (with another account), but when pressing the button for it nothing happens; it just greys out and shows a loading spinner for a bit and then when the spinner disappears the button is unchecked again.

I even tried with every account on the console (there are 5 of them) and none of them will proceed to the "are you sure" step (I only want the one account, but finding out that it's not an account specific issue is valuable info and if one of them got further I would have just cancelled out from the are you sure dialog).
    I've tried a hard reset; no dice

I'd very much prefer to avoid a factory reset if at all possible

:)

chipgw, Nov 9, 2021
  2. chipgw Win User

I tried the reset keeping games and apps (I had already tried the power cycle steps mentioned), and while it was happening it occurred to me that it might be something with the pi-hole we have on our home network.
    the system reset didn't help, but allowing cs.dds.microsoft.com & self.events.data.microsoft.com (the most likely culprits I saw on the query log) through on the pi-hole did.

hope this helps somebody, because I tried searching all over and found nothing to help with it.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  4. Paul Egons Win User

Getting so tired of this

Dashboard button doesn't work during spinning circle. It makes the sound, but no blades just gray with circles. I can also hear kinect make its noise as if it trying to respond to voice comands i give it. So the console is not frozen, just stuck loading.
  5. yjgf Win User

My home xbox isnt working

since yesterday,same problem on my xbox.......try on xbox one,try on xbox series s,series x....Every time i try to make my Xbox my home it just keeps on spinning very slow for about 30 seconds but will not let me tick to have it as my home Xbox....Spinning circle doesn’t do anything..no way that i can set as my home xbox..i try with old acc,create new acc,same,there is no option to set account as my home xbox....again drm,or some other problems..just like before few days...microsoft can we finish with this ilusion in last 7 days......?
  6. yjgf Win User

My home xbox isnt working

since yesterday,same problem on my xbox.......try on xbox one,try on xbox series s,series x....Every time i try to make my Xbox my home it just keeps on spinning very slow for about 30 seconds but will not let me tick to have it as my home Xbox....Spinning circle doesn’t do anything..no way that i can set as my home xbox..i try with old acc,create new acc,same,there is no option to set account as my home xbox....again drm,or some other problems..just like before few days...microsoft can we finish with this ilusion in last 7 days......?
Thema:

1. "Make this my home console" button just spins - Similar Threads - home console button

2. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  3. If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?: So I want know in the past you can set the console to home console and remove the account with the effects still in play so nobody plays on your account. Does this still work for the Series S and...
  4. The Xbox home console. Can it be used on more than two consoles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox home console. Can it be used on more than two consoles?: Hello, I have 2 friends who have an xbox, as well as my brother who has a PC. My brother plays through my PC account and I play through my console account And here's the thing: I want to share...
  5. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...: I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign...
  6. Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...

in XboX Insiders
    Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...: I was using my Xbox Series X console last night and all of the sudden the console got stuck in black screen. When I went to Xbox home dashboard to eject the disc with the controller and it won't...
  7. Can I have an Xbox one an a series x set as my home console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I have an Xbox one an a series x set as my home console?: Wanting to setup a xbox one for family in the house to use. 031855e3-a0da-4c8e-867c-0ad5ceb1dd20
  8. Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?: I verified my console is designated as the home console. My account, the primary account for the family, has the game pass ultimate subscription. The other accounts on my home console are supposed...
  9. X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?: Hi, I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working. Remote play works when on the same network but, will not work...
  10. Give me 1 home console switch, Xbox moderators help

in XboX Insiders
    Give me 1 home console switch, Xbox moderators help: Please help me, give me 1 home console switch, my sister accidentally spent all the switches, I need it very urgently, please help me If the moderators of x box see this, then my nickname is...