Major Problem: Games Fail To Launch

Discus and support Major Problem: Games Fail To Launch in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've discovered a likely major issue that may be tied to the latest Skip Ahead update. Periodically, games fail to launch after boot up (instant on).... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MechaShadow84, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Major Problem: Games Fail To Launch

I've discovered a likely major issue that may be tied to the latest Skip Ahead update. Periodically, games fail to launch after boot up (instant on). For example, Destiny 2 has been stuck at the splash screen for over 3 minutes now.

Holding the Xbox button and selecting turn off console works, but restarting doesn't. Trying to report a problem just hangs forever, never loading the app. Unless I hard reboot the console, games still won't load. I've noticed that games sometimes have a "!" symbol by them after hard rebooting my Series X as well. I currently have no way to report this via my console since it just hangs forever when I try.

submitted by /u/MechaShadow84
    [link] [comments]

/u/MechaShadow84, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Private Maximo Win User

Midnight Launch Fun

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

[quote user="Strangeotron"]

midnight launch = less copies in stock tomorrow.

fail.

[/quote]

Midnight and tomorrow = Same Day

FAil

[/quote]I agree major fail!

I must be one of the few who is not getting the game!
  3. COBRA MUSTANG Win User

Minecraft bedrock edition realms unable to connect to world issue

Similar problem here.
    Xbox Series X and on Xbox 1 X. Game fails to launch. Uninstalled and re-installed, no change.
  4. Mitch0990 Win User

Xbox 360 slim problem

ive sent it into xbox for repair but none of them ever heard of this problem and im just woundering what it could be, either the xbox has totally failed or maybe a major componant has failed?
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Microsoft needs to answer for the disc drive....

Couldn't agree more - I'm on hold buying X1 because of these issues.

Probably wait for MkII hardware that is really fixed.

Fan noise, drive issues....failing to load discs, making scratches on discs etc

The major advantage with console gaming is that hardware is the same for developers and gamers - and when hardware fails - then pc gaming seems more like the way to go.

The most problematic is that is seems to have arised after a firmware update - where the obvious choice would be to back down again - and see what the problem is.

X1 seems to have been developed in a rush, when PS4 was notified a date of launch.
  6. THE PRIS0NER Win User

Dear XBOX ONE 24-Hours Check-In is not a good idea!

Regardless whether some of you fail to see why this is a bad thing.... the majority of gamers I've talked to think it sucks. It is a deal breaker for too many people and that alone should be enough for MS to change their thinking on this if it's not to late.
    If it is too late... push the launch into 2014.
Thema:

Major Problem: Games Fail To Launch

1. Major Problem: Games Fail To Launch - Similar Threads - Major Problem Games

2. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  3. Major YouTube problem!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Major YouTube problem!!: Ok. So...I have been waiting to start this discussion to see if Microsoft would fix the problem on their own. But, either they don't know about the problem or not enough people have brought it to...
  4. The new Xboxs and the major problem

in XboX Insiders
    The new Xboxs and the major problem: So with the new generation of Xboxs almost no one can actually get an Xbox series x and the solution is to have it in store only so that scalpers online don't buy them everytime a restock happens...
  5. Major bug/problem on my console. Can't log in/add profile.

in XboX Insiders
    Major bug/problem on my console. Can't log in/add profile.: I can't log in or add my profile after rest. I have been in contact with the support and they can't help me. I have in total done reset on the console 4 times with no fix of my problem. The bug...
  6. So, I have a major problem and nothing works

in XBoX on Consoles
    So, I have a major problem and nothing works: My xbox keeps scrolling down as soon as it is turned on. I have tried a hard reset, removed the batteries from all of the controllers before turning it back on. I know that it is not a controller...
  7. Xbox One X Major Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Major Problem: Another one! Another Xbox One X console dead! It receives power but doesn't boot up. It quickly shuts itself off like its going into some kind of protect or like it doesn't have enough power? What...
  8. Yea it's a major problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yea it's a major problem: To whom it may concern. I have a problem I bought alot of games online I also was game sharing but since I been game sharing I had nothing but problems..my home xbox is for game sharing it...
  9. Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Xbox One major problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition Xbox One major problem.: Hello everyone, I have been having a huge headache with Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition on my new Xbox One S. I bought it on Windows 10, and yesterday, when I got my console, I tried to...
  10. Major problem with account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major problem with account: Hello, I Think I have a major account problem. I found out that my email was being used by someone else to put up ads on a Swedish site for clothing etc. Therefore I had to remove the email as...