Major Concerns with the Elite 2 - Trying not to sound like a typical complainer in the process

Discus and support Major Concerns with the Elite 2 - Trying not to sound like a typical complainer in the process in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So trying to keep this as short as possible, I have owned 4 Original Elite Controllers - 2 of them replaced under warranty - So lets call that 6... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/bburzycki, Dec 27, 2019.

1. /u/bburzycki
    /u/bburzycki Guest

Major Concerns with the Elite 2 - Trying not to sound like a typical complainer in the process

So trying to keep this as short as possible, I have owned 4 Original Elite Controllers - 2 of them replaced under warranty - So lets call that 6 Original Elite controllers. 2 of them I had to scrap for parts as they were out of warranty and become part of my parts supply to keep the others going. Other than the know issues I still liked those controllers.

Now lets move on to the Elite 2 - I have now owned 2 of them about to be 3 as I have seen the following:

First Purchased Elite 2 - Buttons sticking - A and sometimes B - But worse are the BT disconnects that seem to happen when the unit is plugged in and charging. (Clearly an issue as there is no removable battery). Note: I hate the grip material its way too slippery when compared to the original elite. I wish I could fix that in some way. It does not look like it will support aftermarket grips but maybe that would solve it. At least for me my hands physically hurt after playing for a few hours due to needing to grip the controller way harder than I had been used too. So that is a strange side effect I have found.

**Two side notes, I think shipping it with vibration on for a controller that has no removable battery might be taxing the reported play hours per charge, also somewhere needs to be talked about if you use a chatpad and how might power that also can draw**

So in trying to return the first elite to amazon they sent me a new unit for the swap - This unit at first would not pair with the console. I have seen these issues before on controllers in general, but got that working and it needed the normal update to firmware. This was done and no issues. Re-booted everything and all was working. Went to install my chatpad and nothing, it will not show up on the accessories app, it will not light up, it does nothing. Re-attached it to my other elite 2 before I ship it back for credit and it works fine?

So I guess I am very concerned at the reliability of these quite expensive controllers. I have heard rumor that MS is working on this, possibly a software update etc. It is very strange how it reacts when attached to power for charging, and the buttons sticking is clearly a not great issue. I have heard rumors about stick drift issues persisting but I have not seen those personally.

I also want to make sure this does not have anything to do with me being int he Alpha Ring as I would understand if that is a contributing factor.

I guess I am checking to see how wide spread this might be and also to make sure that what I am experiencing is possibly Alpha Ring related for the software or possibly Firmware issues, as clearly the ring does not effect the buttons sticking etc I assume that is simply a hardware issue.

submitted by /u/bburzycki
    [link] [comments]

/u/bburzycki, Dec 27, 2019
  2. kev edin Win User

Are Series 1 thumbsticks going to be compatible with the Series 2 Elite Controller?

No major Nelson done a video. And it looks like none of the the bits from elite 1 will be compatible with elite controller 2 đź‘Ť
  3. SoullessCodith Win User

xbox elite wireless controller series 2 left thumbstick problem.

The warranty is for 90 days. It sounds like the pressure sensor wore out. I am noticing a lot of complaints about the pressure sensors with the elite 2. I have been lucky so far and have not had any problems with either of my elite controllers. Here
    is a link to start the process of getting it repaired https://beta.support.xbox.com/
  4. Miss Portia Win User

Getting louder

If the console is processing graphically intense scenes, then it's very possible for the fans to spin up to expel heat. I wouldn't be concerned, as it sounds like it's working correctly! :)
  5. Miss Portia Win User

Unable to recover any gamertag and all data comes up at corrupt!

Sorry to hear the other solution didn't work, but it does sound like the repair process is under way! As far as the tracking number is concerned, has it updated yet?
  6. II PARALLAX II Win User

USAS 12 & Frag Rounds?.... Is this Call of Duty?

<----total scrub

-

I like HC, liked in in the last installment too....just wish the BF3 HC didn't have a minimap or killcam....wanna rely on my 'sitiational awareness' and surround sound headset for finding bad guys.....but if I complain to DICE about it, they'll just nerf
    some weapon instead...typical DICE heh
Thema:

1. Major Concerns with the Elite 2 - Trying not to sound like a typical complainer in the process - Similar Threads - Major Concerns Elite

2. My two controllers have major stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two controllers have major stick drift: Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has gotten way worse. both controllers are not in...
  3. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  4. Once again a major screwup by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Once again a major screwup by Microsoft: Whatever system y’all have in place to ban people for gamerpics is ridiculous. This is the 4th time I’ve gotten one of these 2 day bans for a gamer pic that doesn’t go against any guidelines. You...
  5. Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...: It doesn't let me play the game because when I type in my username to play the game, it shows an error: "Failed to create profile. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same...
  6. Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...: I know he is a god in xbox thats the reason iam asking this Does it mean iam lucky? f0efcd5e-4e08-42aa-8589-3e542270e371
  7. Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...: Ok so been having issues where i access the store or something password related. When i hit enter on said password it comes up with a grey screen and once i press back it says its having osshes...
  8. Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.: Hello, as of a few months ago my Xbox One S has had multiple major issues that have rendered it nigh unusable. These issues range from small but annoying issues such as taking long to boot up,...
  9. Once again a major screwup by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Once again a major screwup by Microsoft: Whatever system y’all have in place to ban people for gamerpics is ridiculous. This is the 4th time I’ve gotten one of these 2 day bans for a gamer pic that doesn’t go against any guidelines. You...
  10. Why are majority of my local captures gone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are majority of my local captures gone?: Hey, i recently checked my captures on my xbox series X, and theyre all almost deleted, i only have some from 17 days ago. I was wondering why that would be the case. Its my local storage and i...