Madden 23 Freeze and Glitch Issues - REFUND

Discus and support Madden 23 Freeze and Glitch Issues - REFUND in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why does XBOX and Microsoft treat its customers like idiots? If you sell a bad product you should refund your customer regardless if they buy it as a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by A. Murphy, Dec 7, 2022.

1. A. Murphy
    A. Murphy Guest

Why does XBOX and Microsoft treat its customers like idiots?

If you sell a bad product you should refund your customer regardless if they buy it as a download or physical copy...besides you basically make it necessary to buy digital downloads instead of games disks now. Do you intentionally send auto-response declines and prevent users from speaking to customer support regarding refund requests in order to keep our money?

I too have done an additional review and have determined I cannot be charged for a dysfunctional game. Therefore, the charges I was erroneously billed need to be refunded.

My policy is not to buy garbage. Therefore, the purchase is invalid. Either sell a working game or refund the charge for the broken product. Why have a page titled "Request a Refund for Digital Games" with criteria that states - made within 14 days of purchase and for games you have not accumulated a significant amount of play time?

My request meets both of those and is within the free trial period of 10 hours of play time. Your answer reflects the generic auto response and is insincere and disrespectful.

Get off your **** and refund the money because it is within the guidelines and is the right thing to do when you sold me a lemon product. This is borderline fraud...selling a broken game with a stated return policy only to refuse refund without a satisfactory justification.

Escalate this matter to a manager or supervisor. You cannot hide behind these garbage company policies.

On Dec 6, 2022 3:09 p.m., Xbox Support <*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***> wrote:

:)

A. Murphy, Dec 7, 2022
  2. A. Murphy Win User

Hi Josef,

Thank you for the reply. I did indeed complete the refund request form you linked. I also replied to the emailed denial. I was told by Laven Dayle Dy Pueco "We can't provide a refund to this request. Our refund policy Refund Request does not allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding."

I have never requested a refund before. I purchased on 24 Nov and requested refund on 25 Nov...played less than the 10 hour free trial. I deleted the game. I have called and spoken to several reps that all agree I should be refunded because I am within the 14 days and have not played the game much.

The response I get online is Details: Refunds aren't available for digital purchases that have been played or used. However, the refund eligibility states - Refunds are typically issued for requests made within 14 days of the purchase date for games in which you haven’t accumulated a significant amount of play time.

Today I spent 80 minutes on the phone being passed from rep to rep (from some guy to Tristan - a supervisor to Mariam in another department) and department to department all for the same result - only the online refund department handles this we cannot do anything.

All of this for a refund of $50.84 CAD. At first I thought I would just be out the money, now I am pissed they can do this...sell me a game that has frequent freezing and glitching and refuse to refund me when I explain it is not playable. I contacted EA Sports and they admitted there are problems with freezing and glitches, especially in franchise mode, but they could not refund me since they did not sell it Microsoft did. Basically, they sold me bad software and refuse to refund me when I point it out.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this A.

As a friendly reminder, keep in mind that Microsoft is not the game developer / publisher.
    EA is the developer / publisher

Now, going back to the main topic. Is this the refund form that you sent?

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

If yes, you can actually file an appeal for the results of the refund.

All you need to do is to reply to the email that was sent to you by the refund team, you can reply with a detailed explanation so they can review your request again and grant you a possible exception.
  4. A. Murphy Win User

What a shame Microsoft has such a flawed process for refunds. Seems pretty cut and dry from my point of view. Not sure how one person in their refund department gets to deny my request without any consideration and I have no other recourse. Why even have a refund department if you are only going to deny all the requests. That is not customer service.

Hopefully, these types of customer service experiences do not cause Xbox Ambassador's like yourself too much embarrassment. Thank you for doing what you can.

I guess I know where to go to buy my next piece of sh*t game if I want to waste more money. At this point, I only hope karma brings this full circle so I can provide a similar level of quality of service.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi A.
    I apologize for the situation, when the refund form is rejected twice is not possible to ask for a refund in that case :c

If even someone at Microsoft support is not capable to process the refund for you. There is nothing else that we can do here in the forums
  6. Brian Lockhart1 Win User

Why haven’t I gotten my money back from a refund?

I refunded madden 23 on 12/20/22 it said it’s approved but haven’t gotten my money back it also says for black ops 2 it’s approved
Thema:

1. Madden 23 Freeze and Glitch Issues - REFUND - Similar Threads - Madden Freeze Glitch

2. I do not have a code for my Madden points

in XBoX on Windows
    I do not have a code for my Madden points: My son bought a Madden points card at Target. He cannot read the code on the receipt. On top of that my husband cannot find his log in information for his Microsoft account as one of the emails he...
  3. I bought madden 24 and just want to be able to play offline. Do I have to pay a monthly...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought madden 24 and just want to be able to play offline. Do I have to pay a monthly...: I want to be able to play madden 24 offline. Do I have to pay for a monthly game pass plan? b7fa16c9-cbe7-4773-a4a5-b662af83a5a6
  4. Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded....: Bought an Xbox series X. With Madden 24 bundled. I can not see how to get this downloaded. I do not see any section in settings or in account ghat says "included with my xbox"...
  5. So I bought this $50 Madden 5850 points from target and it said it was on the receipt I put...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I bought this $50 Madden 5850 points from target and it said it was on the receipt I put...: please help I bought this 5850 Madden points at target for $50 and they said the code would be on the receipt I put the whole thing in and it’s not working fd8a91f4-5e09-4128-9442-832e1d4a799e
  6. Madden 24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 24: My son received at Xbox Series S for Christmas. He use 2 Xbox gift cards to purchase Madden 24 first, and then tried to set up the 3 month free GamePass. Now he is being prompted to repurchase...
  7. My son can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox 1: Can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox one just stop installing. We have applied all updates and have enough space 7a4292c1-daea-4328-be2b-c42f76bc0132
  8. Transfer process of madden 24 from Xbox One to Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer process of madden 24 from Xbox One to Xbox series s: How do I transfer my progress from my madden 24 account on my Xbox one to my Xbox series s 508e7b63-a7f0-4ce5-962a-f86255c43c95
  9. While in madden 24 online franchise, game keeps freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    While in madden 24 online franchise, game keeps freezing: While in madden 24 online franchise mode, after the most recent update the game freezes when I get on offense and I have to restart madden. Nothing I've done has helped; re-installed, cleared...
  10. Madden 24 Freezes on MultiPlayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 24 Freezes on MultiPlayer: Madden 24 freezes on multiplayer. Can play locally, but it freezes every time on multi. Never had issue with previous versions of Madden. My wifi signal strength is good. I have an Xbox series X...