MAC Address & Authentication, WTH?

Discus and support MAC Address & Authentication, WTH? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, i just turned on my one & attempted to sign into my account. I'm being asked to authenticate my xbox and fill out a alternate MAC Address. What... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisPritchard2, Jun 18, 2019.

1. MAC Address & Authentication, WTH?

Hi, i just turned on my one & attempted to sign into my account. I'm being asked to authenticate my xbox and fill out a alternate MAC Address. What exactly is going on?

I'm on our home network, wifi 24mbps. Never had to do this before. I could use some help, as I'm totally out of my element.

:)

ChrisPritchard2, Jun 18, 2019
  2. xlPGTiPslx Win User

No need to apologize. I am glad you got the issue resolved.

If you need anymore assistance please just ask :)
  3. xlPGTiPslx Win User

Hi ChrisPritchard2,

Please have a look at this thread and report back if it has worked.

Additional Support

Thanks
  4. ChrisPritchard2 Win User

Hi, I fixed the problem. Just reset router, its working now. Not sure what happened, i apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for the assistance.
  5. ChrisPritchard2 Win User

I actually don't own a PC, only a tablet & the xbox. Kind of freaking out here. What should i do?
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox one and logging in to internet

Who controls your network? What you may have to do it contact them and get them to allow the MAC address of your console through security without the authentication step.

Another thing that I have heard of working is to go ahead and authenticate through the browser using your laptop/tablet/phone. Then set the MAC address of device as the alternate MAC address of the XBOX.

Good Luck!
Thema:

1. MAC Address & Authentication, WTH? - Similar Threads - MAC Address Authentication

2. Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address: Y do I getting g this address my xbox connects for a little while then kicks me off wifi. How do I change my mac address back to my old one? b450bea7-0b15-44c2-93c9-90a5fc830280
  3. Alternate MAC address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alternate MAC address?: I already hard reset my console and it’s still asking for an alternate MAC address and won’t connect to the internet. Can someone please help? I’ve cleared it and entered it in manually and it’s...
  4. Authentication MAC Address not working and can’t connect to network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Authentication MAC Address not working and can’t connect to network: Whenever I connected to my wifi it said more authentication was needed. It said to either enter an alternate MAC address which did not work, to clear the MAC address which did not work, or to wait...
  5. I have to reset my Mac address so my controller can connect to my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have to reset my Mac address so my controller can connect to my Xbox.: Every now and then I have to reset my alternate Mac address because my controller won't stay connected to my Xbox. My controller will randomly disconnect from my Xbox, I take the batteries out of...
  6. My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address

in XBoX on Consoles
    My network stopped working out of nowhere and its saying i need a MAC address: I have two networks i have tried both and ive manually put in my mac address and it still does not work. Ive also tried clearing. My internet works fine on every other device except for my xbox. I...
  7. Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate: So I have an issue regarding my network. This only happens with one specific network. I left my Xbox untouched for about a week, not turned on or nothing. I come back and didn't use it for the...
  8. No Wireless MAC ADDRESS in my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Wireless MAC ADDRESS in my Xbox Series S: Hi all, I'm facing an issue trying to connect to wifi. There's not a list of wifi networks, I've tried all possible solutions and I saw that in my advanced setup there's not a Wireless MAC...
  9. Problems with MAC address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with MAC address: For some reason my Xbox suddenly needs me to either “authenticate” or manually enter my MAC address. It works fine after I manually enter it but why is my xbox suddenly having problems finding my...
  10. I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I messed around with my alternative MAC address and now connection to internet is messed...: So I read online that you could bypass parental controls on xbox by changing the alternative mac address. I did that and it worked at first until my parents blocked the new MAC address out of the...