Lower Price?

Discus and support Lower Price? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; TwinnedIsland: You make a good point. The only area for clarification is that both our comments define 'customer' differently. If I'm reading you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Osulep, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Osulep
    Osulep Guest

Lower Price?

TwinnedIsland: You make a good point. The only area for clarification is that both our comments define 'customer' differently. If I'm reading you correctly, your looking at the mass market as a potential customer... i.e. everyone in the spectrum who purchases
    TV products from the typical Roku customer to the avid games consumer. I look at it much more narrowly. A $500 games machine will only be a viable product to what is generically referred to as 'core gamers' or those that spend significant time and money
    with console games. Those core gamers don't tend to be heavy users of Kinect integration, voice controls, or live TV watching on their consoles. All of these features cost a tremendous amount of money in R&D and physical hardware... this is what I mean,
    MS still wants to 'control' the living room, and the X1 is well positioned to start down that path, but the initial consumer in my definition doesn't want these extra features or costs. I would argue that's why I was seeing X1's everywhere even in the run
    up to Christmas and I have yet to see a PS4 at any retailer. Again, if i'm correct this will be played out in January numbers.

:)

Osulep, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Tug Phelps
    Tug Phelps Guest
    Low Opinion

I am only a few missions into adult connor (just learned the rope dart) and thus far the game has exceeded my expectations. The entire england through adult connor (first 10%) section of the game was awesome. I like it more than the set up for AC2. However,
    Connor is way too wooden and even though i am little into his story as an adult he seems to have a non-personality. I will miss the aggressive personalities of the past assassins, even Connors father. I can't picture Connor making a joke. I guess Connor will
    be a cliche serious Native American that talks slow, monotone, and always referring to 'his people.'

Fighting: Seems fine to me.

Glitches and mistakes: Feels like any other AC creed i've played. They've all had occasional freezes and pop in problems. Not saying that is OK, just that it seems no worse than before.

Sailing: Is awesome i think.

Side note: While Revelations was horrible, i recommend Brotherhood. That was a good game.

Tug Phelps, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Low Opinion

This game could have been such a great game however, with all those glitches, breakdowns and freeze ups what else can I say except this game is weak. Connor as a character is weak, his counter moves are either on the button or they don’t even function right. Running
    everywhere is what a requirement, fast travel stations are far in between, not to mention riding a Horse which has a mind of its own either you gallop or when you try that burst button the horse seems to hate running faster. Weapons, weapons what to say about
    weapons. Well, too many Flint lock rifles stayed in mid are or when I was climbing a large rock hill the weapon just left Connors hand sticking into the rock face. Trees many were stiff, unable to move through and often Connor would just stop dead in his tracks
    with noting around him.

Now, whose bright idea was to have almost every quest task as a time trial? Time trials are and is a sure way to kill a game as good as this game was supposed to have been. I found these quick timers annoying including those you would not even look at. On
    my Sync there are many red x’s OMG, such a dumb idea was the egg timers. I have had no levels of frustration in 1 or 2 (didn't play the 2 side game disc) as I have felt in this game.

I am the first to say, I did not understands even looking through many video’s on how to with this stockpile, artisans builders and I never seen a convoy at all. As well as the Assassin helpers, which I was able to gain only 4 members. I found this section
    a bit confusing. I know, it was the first walk-through now that I know it all through a bumbling first time game play I am sure the next would be better. However, I am not sure I would want to sit down and play this game again knowing it has so many problems
    both within the game as well as with understanding parts of the game. I just don’t see the point in it.

Over all, I am very disappointed in this last game of the AC trilogy I say trilogy because the two side games seem to have had little to the main storyline which I did not play Brotherhood and Revelations. It is very sad that a few years ago the gaming industry
    had such respect for its gaming customers. Today, none of this is shown by putting out unpolished games filled with major to minor issues and I hear the same statement from the builder “We know there may be some issues.” Such a cop out statement. I never buy
    a car without its wheels or food past its expiration date. Gamers should not put up with unpolished games being sold not only in America but worldwide.

BTW, I still am being hindered that transparent clear dialog programmer’s box showing up on screen freezing me out but I may just trade my copies of AC 1-2

& 3 and move on.

HarleyTripleX, Jan 1, 2014
  4. littlewave
    littlewave Guest

Lower Price?

Thank you to everyone for the insight.

littlewave, Jan 1, 2014
  5. WHlTE KNIGHT
    WHlTE KNIGHT Guest
    When the demand decreases obviously, or if Sony sells alot more than m$.

I can see alot of titanfall bundles will come in march, and maybe a small price reduction in the run up to next year's xmas season.

WHlTE KNIGHT, Jan 1, 2014
  6. I'd spring for an X1 now if they released a kinectless SKU for $359...maybe $379. I wouldn't pay more for it than a PS4.

Sunburst Univox, Jan 1, 2014
  7. Its only been a couple months. A price change is far from appearing. Though many dislike the kinect being a forced inclusion, considering how most (if not all) apps and games have some sort of optional kinect feature. Added to the fact that by forcing this
    accessory developers have a target audience to work with, even if there is no one in a sense. Great move by Microsoft from a buisnessman perspective and a gamer (who doesn't use it much between minor commands and saying "Over Here" in dead rising..

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 1, 2014
  8. Lower Price?

I don't know how great a business move it is if it keeps people like me from buying an X1.

9. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest
    If demands too low retailers will cut their losses, best buy is selling a Xbox+12m live for $530, likely could be a Kinectless X1 in Q2

The games are already being heavily discounted

Thanatos465, Jan 1, 2014
  10. FlintyGull79
    FlintyGull79 Guest
    @ThanatosXRS:>>> "Kinectless" Xbox One console in Q2 of 2014?, what manner of blasphemy and insanity are you speaking dude???!

FlintyGull79, Jan 1, 2014
  11. I read that the WiiU sold more than X1 the week before Christmas so hopefully we'll get a kinectless SKU sooner rather than later...I really wanna play DR3.

12. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    You'll be waiting for DR5 by the time that happens if ever.

RippenHarra, Jan 1, 2014
  13. Lower Price?

I'm not so sure...demand seems to be dropping fast and what better way to level the playing field that cut the price? They could leave in the Kinect if they want but I still won't use it so might as well remove it.

14. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    You will get a price drop but kinect will stay. It's just to connected to the UI

RippenHarra, Jan 1, 2014
  15. That would be fine with me, just leave it in the box. I might pay full price when it gets a couple of really good games, I'll probably end up getting Titanfall for 360 though.

Thema:

Lower Price?

1. Lower Price? - Similar Threads - Lower Price

2. Will the price of call of duty black ops 2 on steam ever be lowered?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the price of call of duty black ops 2 on steam ever be lowered?: I’m looking to get some older cod games and am wondering if this price will ever be lowered. 5ff50bca-b4c7-4e2d-a19c-0f6dfec370a3
  3. Why Xbox games on strange sites has much lower price than in official stores?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Xbox games on strange sites has much lower price than in official stores?: Like in title. My work colleague said that he doesn't buy games via Xbox store but trough sub stores websites. And I found something like this: https://games2see.com/game/tomb-raider...
  4. Xbox game pass ultimate shows a lower price but does not allow me to get it for that price

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass ultimate shows a lower price but does not allow me to get it for that price: Under the membership category of the store menu it shows the xbox game pass ultimate as $1.00 (see included picture) but when I go to buy it it shows it as regular price is there any way I can fix...
  5. Xbox One S having the option for no Disc slot at a lower price for those that don't use it

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox One S having the option for no Disc slot at a lower price for those that don't use it: Hi Villarino, Discs do look good on the shelf, lined up, my hubby's pride and joy c8393a6b-b258-45ed-bf69-2ba39e345ab6
  6. elder scrolls online: summerset upgrade lower price problem

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    elder scrolls online: summerset upgrade lower price problem: i paid 17.99 for summerset upgrade from elder scrolls and right now they got the game itself for 11.99 right now and i paid it on May 3rd is there any way i can get some kind of help with this...
  7. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Season Pass (LOWER PRICE ASAP)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Season Pass (LOWER PRICE ASAP): The price has not reduce for Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Season Pass. I feel I'm paying too much money since Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 is a 6 year old game. The season pass should get reduce because...
  8. Please lower the price of call of duty harderend edition 150$ way to high its 3 years old

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Please lower the price of call of duty harderend edition 150$ way to high its 3 years old: the price of call of duty ghosts hardend edition is way to high me and my friends are wanting to buy it but at 150$ price tag is through the roof , please put a promotion with this game lowering...
  9. I would like to put in a request to have minecraft at a lower price if you have already bought ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I would like to put in a request to have minecraft at a lower price if you have already bought ...: I would like to put in a request to have minecraft at a lower price if you have already bought it on th 360 and you are trying to buy it on the one 4e4f4581-3e8e-4af9-9b97-7297ae8f3432
  10. I received lower compensation than sellin price for on-demand game of Ridge racer 6 from ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I received lower compensation than sellin price for on-demand game of Ridge racer 6 from ...: Hello. I have a problem about execution of a on-demand game of Ridge racer 6 as a Korean user. I asked the problem to Korean X-Box service center on 26th Dec. 2013 for the first time then I...