Low framerate on Orange Box (Xbox 360)

Discus and support Low framerate on Orange Box (Xbox 360) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just tested out Half-Life 2 from the Orange Box on my Xbox 360. The framerate seems choppy. Is it like this for everyone? Is there any way I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thrasher585, Nov 9, 2019.

1. thrasher585
    thrasher585 Guest

I just tested out Half-Life 2 from the Orange Box on my Xbox 360. The framerate seems choppy.

Is it like this for everyone? Is there any way I can improve it?

Thanks.

:)

thrasher585, Nov 9, 2019
  2. thrasher585 Win User

I found the solution!

I had my Xbox 360 plugged into a surge protector. The Xbox's power cord already has a protector built in. If you plug it into another surge protector, it reduces power to the Xbox. I tried plugging the Xbox directly into an outlet and the framerate is a
    lot better.
  3. Gomikiddo Win User

Hey Thrasher585,

I want to preface that I will not be listing a definite fix to your issue, but what I will provide is prior knowledge and possible trouble-shooting fixes for your issue.

Firstly, I want you to understand that you are on an Xbox 360, which is not being manufactured anymore (to my knowledge) which means they receive little to no more software updates. This means the console is quite out-dated as far as performance standards
    go. So I want you to understand that the console is so old that frame loss and drops are to be expected with your experience, though they shouldn't happen often.

A good troubleshoot option I can give you is to simply hard reset your console, this will refresh the packages and data and may give you a smoother feeling and gameplay. Another thing you can try is make sure your internet connection is fine and you are
    receiving a good amount of download and upload speeds, though this won't affect FPS much at all it is always good to make sure this is good.

My final possible troubleshoot option would be to make sure your console is updated, if you are having FPS issues on one title or two maybe it's a performance issue with those specific games, but if you are having frame issues on every game you play it is
    likely an internal issue and you may need to look further and ask professional support ->https://support.xbox.com/en-US/

I hope I helped you in some way. A fellow Ambassador will likely come by soon and give you better advice than I did today but I hope this helps in any way :)

-G
  4. thrasher585 Win User

It seems like some games have good framerate and some don't. I tried Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on my Xbox 360 and it runs smoothly.

I also tried an old game, Wolfenstein: Tides of War (an original Xbox game) on my Xbox 360 and it lags a lot.
  5. thrasher585 Win User

I just tested Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on my 360 and it runs fine too.

The only ones that have bad lag so far are The Orange Box (Xbox 360) and Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox original).

I guess it isn't my system, otherwise the Call of Duty games wouldn't work. Is it likely that those lagging games are just the way they are? Is it how they were developed?
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey Thrasher,

That is definitely interesting. Glad to hear your issue has bee resolved after plugging straight into the wall. We will go ahead and lock this thread. if you ever have another question, or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new
    thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Thank you.
Thema:

1. Low framerate on Orange Box (Xbox 360) - Similar Threads - Low framerate Orange

2. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  3. Great Wi-Fi but get low mbps signal is good why is that

in XBoX on Consoles
    Great Wi-Fi but get low mbps signal is good why is that: I had great download speed in the past but now I don’t what’s to problem I have great Wi-Fi great signal I get 10 to 80 Mbps 11bdb2e6-2bf4-4e1a-a003-90a538d08095
  4. Is anybody fed up with xbox low TB ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anybody fed up with xbox low TB ?: How the mighty xbox had fallen... im buying ps4 after i spent so much on this dumb product. I cant play any of my games bcz theres only 2tb and i had to buy a seagate for my only games i play...
  5. Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator: Hi! I have been experiencing the FLBI (False Low Battery Indicator) despite my computer being about 50 some-odd percent. Is there something wrong with my computer, it is a Windows 10 and can you...
  6. Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X wont hard reset or go into low resolution mode: I have switched hdmi cords, everything. Console still won't get recognized by the TV. Troubleshoot on the TV(Samsung Smart TV) and says it's an issue with the hdmi cords, but I've even used the...
  7. Friend's voice is extremely low most of the time. We have tried everything possible...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend's voice is extremely low most of the time. We have tried everything possible...: My friend and I use Xbox One X, and we both use wired jack 3.5mm headsets plugged into the controller. We use the xbox party chat to talk. My friend is extremely quiet for a few minutes after...
  8. My xbox series x audio is very low.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x audio is very low.: My xbox series x has very low sound coming from the TV all of a sudden. I've messed with the audio settings. Did a reset and still very low audio. The TV audio works fine with everything else but...
  9. Roblox low screen rate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox low screen rate: Hi, I'm Duy I'm played roblox beta that i downloaded in chrome, but it have some scan line on it pls help! dfbd4ce7-fb1e-4b4f-a77b-cd3bd1c68aaa
  10. Xbox always says "Connect to the Xbox Network on boot if on low power mode (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox always says "Connect to the Xbox Network on boot if on low power mode (Xbox Series X): If i use the Low power mode setting on my Series X, it never connects to the internet/xbox network when booting up. I usually have to hard reset, turn xbox on and off multiple times or just wait...