Low FPS on games after factory reset

Discus and support Low FPS on games after factory reset in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have an asus rog strix g17 Ryzen 7 4800h Nvidia rtx 3050ti 16Gb ram 1Tb SSD I recently did a factory reset to clean my laptop and after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GokulKrishna.J.K, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Low FPS on games after factory reset

Hi

I have an asus rog strix g17

Ryzen 7 4800h

Nvidia rtx 3050ti

16Gb ram

1Tb SSD

I recently did a factory reset to clean my laptop and after resetting I updated all the drivers including gpu but I am getting 30-40 fps where it used to be 80-90

Someone please help me solve this issue

:)

GokulKrishna.J.K, Feb 25, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, before messing around with the BIOS firmware, try checking your PC's drivers and any updates for your Windows.
  3. GokulKrishna.J.K Win User

Yes. It does happen in all games and yes i have updated all drivers. Is it safe to downgrade bios? Because i think my bios update may have something to do with the issue
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello GokulKrishna.J.K, it's very difficult to detect why the FPS is low, does it happen in all games or just some?

You've installed the video card drivers and configured them correctly so that the apps and games can run on your video card.
  5. BusGod Win User

Manual or Forced System Reset to Factory Settings

You should be able to factory reset. Have you tried holding down the power button on the XBOX for 10 seconds to get it to reset and boot into low resolution mode? Then try from there to go to the factory reset option. You will lose your apps and have
    to re-download them, but all your game saves will be available after from the Xbox live cloud.
  6. Renatodibi Win User

Low FPS Gaming

Hi Marina.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry for your issue, and I hope my advice can help you solve it. Although you only mention the CPU and not other components like RAM, graphics card, HDD, if you're referring to a recent onset of the problem, it probably doesn't solely stem from the computer's raw performance. Sudden FPS drops can be caused by programs activating in the background, antivirus software, or even sudden CPU overheating if not adequately ventilated.

Additionally, you mentioned noticing this problem after recent system updates. So, I would advise starting by trying to uninstall the most recent updates.

To proceed with the uninstallation, you can go to Settings -> Update -> Update History. By clicking on the latter option, you can view the list and select the most recent updates to uninstall.

Another thing I recommend is to check that the Xbox app and Game Services are updated and naturally your graphic card drivers as well . After you've verified that they are, you can proceed with reinstalling the Game Services.

To update Game services

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    Select Library.
    Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

To remove and reinstall Gaming services.

To do this you must press the Start button on the taskbar,
    type 'powershell,'
    right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select 'Run as administrator.'

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select 'Yes' when you receive the User Account Control (UAC)
    prompt.
    Restart your device.

In the latest versions of the Xbox app for PC, you can also proceed by clicking on the icon of your gamertag, go to support, and you should find the restore option.

If these procedures do not resolve the issue, it might be necessary to perform at least a Windows reset, or in some cases, even a clean installation.

Further information about windows restore at
    https://support.microsoft.com/windo...-windows-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5

I hope I've been helpful to you.

Kind regards
    Renato
Thema:

1. Low FPS on games after factory reset - Similar Threads - Low FPS games

2. Low FPS on some games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low FPS on some games: Everything was running fine about a month ago and all the sudden with no changes I made my games have been acting kinda low on FPS. I kind of fixed the issue with recently by updating my BIOS and...
  3. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc. The cpu usage while running these games is...
  4. low fps on roblox microsoft store version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    low fps on roblox microsoft store version: hi does someone know why everytime i look at lights in roblox from the microsoft store version my fps drops. if you do please say it because it just looks TERRIBLE. thank you...
  5. My xbox one that is 2-3 years old get low fps on games such as fortnite?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one that is 2-3 years old get low fps on games such as fortnite?: on fortnite I get 60 fps but when I am in the midgame i get fps like from 30-45 fps even tho i have wired connection that is really fast and I only have fortnite installed and have 6% of the...
  6. Low FPS with DirectX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low FPS with DirectX?: Hi everyone! I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, AMD RX 6700XT, a MSI PRO B650-P WIFI board and 32GB of DDR5 Ram. The PC is running on Windows 11 using DirectX12 and I am playing on a Ultrawide...
  7. Low fps on Microsoft store Roblox version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low fps on Microsoft store Roblox version.: Subject: Low FPS and inability to join private servers on Microsoft Store Roblox version Hello, I am having trouble with the Microsoft Store version of Roblox. Specifically, I am experiencing a...
  8. Inconsistent Dedicated GPU usage, causing stuttering and low FPS on ASUS TUF F15

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inconsistent Dedicated GPU usage, causing stuttering and low FPS on ASUS TUF F15: Hi, I have a problem with Windows 11, where all my games are stuttering and freezing, causing low FPS. This is mainly caused by the inconsistent Gpu usage, where it goes from high to low I...
  9. Why am i getting such low fps on every game i have played

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i getting such low fps on every game i have played: Just got a new xbox one s shadow of war console and i also bought red dead redemption 2 and gta v and halo 5 and more but all these games i have played they are running really low on fps i can...
  10. Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low: How exactly would I be able to get unlimited framerate for this game? In my settings it shows that I have the framerate uncapped and when I benchmark I'm barely using any VRAM. I have V-Sync...