Low cpu usage normal?

Discus and support Low cpu usage normal? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While gaming (cyberpunk for example) my cpu is only getting 3-5% usage at all times, I have a 5700g and a 3060ti. Just wanted to know if this was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cole jackson, Jan 11, 2023.

1. cole jackson
    cole jackson Guest

Low cpu usage normal?

While gaming (cyberpunk for example) my cpu is only getting 3-5% usage at all times, I have a 5700g and a 3060ti. Just wanted to know if this was normal? thanks!

:)

cole jackson, Jan 11, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Low cpu usage normal?

Where are you getting the CPU reading from? If it's the Game Bar I've found it to give wrong readings on certain games.

Cyberpunk is both a heavy CPU and GPU game, even more so if you turn on Ray Tracing. If Windows is reporting only 3-5% CPU and you're getting 60fps, the reading is most definitely wrong.

I prefer to use MSI Afterburner for more accurate readings on my PC games.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Low cpu usage normal?

Where are you getting the CPU reading from? If it's the Game Bar I've found it to give wrong readings on certain games.

Cyberpunk is both a heavy CPU and GPU game, even more so if you turn on Ray Tracing. If Windows is reporting only 3-5% CPU and you're getting 60fps, the reading is most definitely wrong.

I prefer to use MSI Afterburner for more accurate readings on my PC games.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

low cpu usage and low gpu usage

Thanks, if you go to your laptop BIOS. Are you able to see your graphics card listed there?

May I know If you tried forcing to use the GPU?
    Go to Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics > select “Desktop app” and click on “Browse”
    Once there add the .exe files for each game.
    After that click on each one > options > select high performance > save
    Restart your PC and try again.

By the way, how did you reinstalled windows?
    Via settings?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's nice to hear!

May I know what exactly fixed the issue? Disabling the startup programs or creating a new user?
  6. steve_086 Win User

1.No, the game fully supported my os (Windows 10)

2.From steam or its website

3.Yes previously I can play without no issues

4.Im on Windows 10

5.I tried updating the driver but it's still the same

Note: I tried reinstalling windows but it still happening. It's not just the game lagging it's the entire pc is lagging so hard
Thema:

Low cpu usage normal?

1. Low cpu usage normal? - Similar Threads - Low cpu usage

2. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  3. Great Wi-Fi but get low mbps signal is good why is that

in XBoX on Consoles
    Great Wi-Fi but get low mbps signal is good why is that: I had great download speed in the past but now I don’t what’s to problem I have great Wi-Fi great signal I get 10 to 80 Mbps 11bdb2e6-2bf4-4e1a-a003-90a538d08095
  4. Is anybody fed up with xbox low TB ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anybody fed up with xbox low TB ?: How the mighty xbox had fallen... im buying ps4 after i spent so much on this dumb product. I cant play any of my games bcz theres only 2tb and i had to buy a seagate for my only games i play...
  5. Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator: Hi! I have been experiencing the FLBI (False Low Battery Indicator) despite my computer being about 50 some-odd percent. Is there something wrong with my computer, it is a Windows 10 and can you...
  6. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc. The cpu usage while running these games is...
  7. Low GPU and CPU usage in games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low GPU and CPU usage in games: Hello, i have been recently playing GTA V and i have observed that the gpu usage goes to only 50-60 ish percent, and the cpu utilization is also almost the same while outdoors, but while going...
  8. Low CPU usage on Game Pass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low CPU usage on Game Pass games: Hi, I'm having a problem where all my Game Pass installed games runs with very low CPU usage which causes unplayable frame rates, I was playing A Plague Tale: Requiem since day one with no...
  9. low cpu usage and low gpu usage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    low cpu usage and low gpu usage: when playing something on my laptop it randomly stutters or freeze and when i check at the task manager the cpu and the gpu load is 0-15%. 2c039ad9-a2a2-489c-a312-2732e150656b
  10. how 2 fix low cpu usage on forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how 2 fix low cpu usage on forza horizon 4: hello, recently i bought a new cpu, ryzen 5 3600 6-core so my pc could run a lot of games. i bought forza horizon 4 (because 5 is too expensive) and played it for like 100 hours with no problem,...