Loud pop noise from my power brick

Discus and support Loud pop noise from my power brick in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing on my xbox one and all of a sudden I heard a loud pop. I thought maybe it was my power strip that I was using but then I tried to just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Starwolf44441, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Loud pop noise from my power brick

I was playing on my xbox one and all of a sudden I heard a loud pop. I thought maybe it was my power strip that I was using but then I tried to just plug my power brick back into the wall and its not working. Im thinking maybe it got too hot but there was also a burning smell so Im also thinking that maybe something busted on the inside and I need a new one

:)

Starwolf44441, Jan 2, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello Starwolf44441, as you are referring to the power brick of your console, I believe you must have an Xbox One Fat, the first Xbox One.

If it is the Xbox One Fat, unfortunately this console has been discontinued and spare parts or the power brick are no longer manufactured.

There are alternative power bricks on the market that are not recommended for use on the console.

Microsoft also no longer has a paid repair service for this console model.

The ideal in this case, if possible, would be to take your power brick to a technical assistance that could fix it.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

It has blown a capacitor, unplug it from the wall and the console and don't plug it back in, it can start fires
  4. Militaratus Win User

Xbox console is making a weird noise

Is the console itself making the loud noises or is it the power brick that is doing it?
  5. MoltenDarkman Win User

Xbox 360 S Power Brick Buzzing?

The loud noise you hear is a fan in the power brick i had the same problem i had to replace the power brick because it went red when the light is.
  6. stuart.gill Win User

running really really loud.

Check to see if it's your Power brick as I've found the fan noise on mine is quite loud while the console is quiet.
Thema:

1. Loud pop noise from my power brick - Similar Threads - Loud pop noise

2. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  3. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  4. My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox made a loud popping sound and now it won’t turn on: I was playing 2k and outta no where my xbox made a pop sound and turned off and now it don’t turn on efab7840-0b10-41c8-a24f-538717a72126
  5. Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S made a loud POP sound and turned off: After playing for about 45 minutes, I heard a loud POP sound, my xbox shut down completely and then a weird smell lingered for a couple of seconds. At first I thought I blew a fuse and it was my...
  6. Xbox One loud pop and powered right off. Orange light now and won't turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One loud pop and powered right off. Orange light now and won't turn on.: I was using a movie app last night. All of a sudden I hear a loud pop and the console powered off. I should mention that my brick was plugged in to a power surge strip. I already followed the...
  7. Loud pop, will not come back on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud pop, will not come back on.: Last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on, when I plug power supply to the wall the light is orange when I plug it into console the light turns off. Help?!...
  8. xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down: last night my xbox one made a loud pop noise and shut down will not turn back on when I plug power supply to the wall light is orange when I plug to console light turns off tried power at 2 diff...
  9. Xbox one made a loud pop and powered off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one made a loud pop and powered off: My son was playing xbox one BO3 when he heard a loud pop and everything went off. No signal and will not turn back on. Power block is orange. 719276a8-315e-4ee5-a0e1-eb5d4bb2b4a5
  10. Loud Pop From The Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud Pop From The Power Supply?: Hello. I have an original 60GB white Xbox 360. I haven't used it for several months and decided to crank it up yesterday. I hit the power button and nothing came on. I then checked the power...